The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 26th, 2022

richwmn

I certainly wasnt looking for sympathy with my story , to explain the stalking and the weirdness you have to start at the beginning, and why angels were looking out for me.  Why I loved my aunt and weird uncle, and why it is so important to look after all children, because they are children.  My mom only knew "nuts" and that's the way she went.  When i have bad moments, I know where I got them from, even though we were not related.  

and I love all of you for becoming my family.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm not sure.  Is Vizcaya in Miami?  She and her two siblings go on an annual vacation with their Dad (parents divorced) and sometimes it's at the beach somewhere in Florida.

Vizcaya is in Miami.  Beautiful old home, on Biscayne Bay.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I basically went on line shopping today, hoping that i bought the right sizes...two pairs of bearpaw slides, full of lots of fuzziness, they keep my  feet warm  unless i'm in more than an inch of  snow.  a simple black dress, to pack easily and change out with jewelry.  and for our upcoming cruise in September, a pair of shorts for Chuck to go with his new shirt.

so i now have the Caribbean, Alaska and Europe covered...HA! 

oh and a ring from signals, I'll let you know how it holds up.  (this was from DH)

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 14

Good Evening Dailytes! 

It's in the mid-80s in the Pacific Northwest and that's plenty warm for this area! Our wired-in smoke/fire alarm keeps going off from the heat but I figure it will stop in a couple of hours. It's sporadic so I can deal with it and our son will come look at it tomorrow for us. 

DH's comment" I have plenty of energy. I just don't care to use it." That's after falling asleep off an on all day! 

We're cruising again in a month - yay. One week on Crown Princess (to go to Skagway and ride the train) and then walk across the pier and get on the Eurodam for a week. 

We're having company for lunch on Thursday and I'm going to make the lemonade pie. From those who have made it do you have any hints for me? Did you use the regular 12 oz (354 mL) size of lemonade or the smaller one? I'm going to make it tomorrow for Thursday's lunch. 

Thank you!

Karen

• Like 14

We are ending the day with rain..... and a reasonable amount of it. Hopefully we will get some more tomorrow. There has been a lot of lightening which is not good. And fortunately, my dogs do not seem to notice the thunder.

Susan

• Like 13

@luvteachingWe're closer to Seattle-finally below 90 now.  I've made the lemonade pie 3 times now. All 3 times it was with the larger 12 oz can, the only size the grocery store had. I made limeade the 2nd time which we loved and the 3rd time I found lemon instant pudding so used that with some fresh lemon and zest. I froze the extra mixture which was a good snack, a spoonful at a time 😊. Smart to make it ahead so it has plenty of time to firm up.

• Like 9

I made it twice, once with half of the large lemonade, (i made lemonade with the other half.) I put all the cool whip in with the pudding and the lemonade.  The second time I used lime aide, again splitting it, thinking that the whole can would be too much, and I only used half the cool whip.  I then added the other half of cool whip on top. It was just like a key lime pie, and the book club said they enjoyed it. And then one day I went crazy, and made the pie with chocolate pudding, and instead of adding lemonaide, I threw in a cup of chocolate chips......I digress.  Either way it does need to sit in the fridge.  Enjoy...!

hECE0D146

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 14

37 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good Evening Dailytes! 

It's in the mid-80s in the Pacific Northwest and that's plenty warm for this area! Our wired-in smoke/fire alarm keeps going off from the heat but I figure it will stop in a couple of hours. It's sporadic so I can deal with it and our son will come look at it tomorrow for us. 

DH's comment" I have plenty of energy. I just don't care to use it." That's after falling asleep off an on all day! 

We're cruising again in a month - yay. One week on Crown Princess (to go to Skagway and ride the train) and then walk across the pier and get on the Eurodam for a week. 

We're having company for lunch on Thursday and I'm going to make the lemonade pie. From those who have made it do you have any hints for me? Did you use the regular 12 oz (354 mL) size of lemonade or the smaller one? I'm going to make it tomorrow for Thursday's lunch. 

Thank you!

Karen

Karen, I could only find the 12 oz size, but the recipe calls for the 6 oz size, and I got pink lemonade. I made lemonade with the rest.  I used the extra creamy Cool Whip which gave it enough body that all the filling fit in the pie shell and was piled high.  I also made another change.  Instead of using a graham cracker crumb crust, I used a pre-made Oreo crust.  We thought it went well with the lemonade filling.

It is a recipe that lends itself well to changing the basic recipe.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I basically went on line shopping today, hoping that i bought the right sizes...two pairs of bearpaw slides, full of lots of fuzziness, they keep my  feet warm  unless i'm in more than an inch of  snow.  a simple black dress, to pack easily and change out with jewelry.  and for our upcoming cruise in September, a pair of shorts for Chuck to go with his new shirt.

so i now have the Caribbean, Alaska and Europe covered...HA! 

oh and a ring from signals, I'll let you know how it holds up.  (this was from DH)

Ann,  that’s how I shop for clothes now, all online, except for Craig. He seems to have to try everything on. Once I figured out my size with a certain company I’ve been very satisfied with my purchases. I do buy duplicates of things, like slacks and jeans and some tops just in different colors. I just read your questions about packing for Alaska and you have been given great advice. Since our first cruise after the shutdown (which was August last year on the Nieuw Amsterdam) I’ve started wearing the same dress for dressy night and this last cruise in the Med decided not to take my usual dressy shoes and wore my flats. It sure saved packing space. And even though I absolutely hate hair dryers in hotels and on cruises I stopped taking my own. I also think getting the laundry package is a great idea, remember it’s for all of you in the same cabin and it really helps with socks and underwear (sorry but it’s true) and I hate spending time doing hand wash. HAL does a wonderful job with their laundry. I always write under the special instructions area “cold water wash — low temp dry” and have not had a problem. 

I haven’t been to Kodak but Sitka 3 times. You will probably dock and you really need to take the shuttle. And if you do a ship excursion most depart from the downtown area after you shuttle there. You can also do it on your own. Sitka is a cute and very walkable town. 

Your three cruises sound wonderful and I’m sure you will enjoy them all. 

Also, thank you for sharing your history. You should save your thoughts and journal them, possibly for sharing with others who have gone through the same struggles (like young people in shelters). I have two friends who have lost loved ones to suicide and one of them is on a major board for suicide prevention, every little bit helps. 

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

I also couldn't open my fob last time and as I was going the dealer for service the next day I had them do it. This time the locksmith, who was a really nice lady, showed me how to do it. Hopefully I'll remember if I need to do it again.

Last time the battery in my car key fob showed low I googled it  and several short You tube videos came up on how to change the battery which was relatively easy to do.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wow, quite a lot of news this afternoon from everyone.  I was waiting for an update on DD and she got back to me as she was headed home.  She said she's starved (nothing to eat all day) and was going to pick up something in the drive-thru.  Her procedure went well, and when she woke up felt fine and even dressed by herself.  The nurse said she was doing wonderfully.  That's a relief!  She should do quite well so thanks to all for your prayers and good thoughts.

My family in St. Louis have been reporting on their flooding.  They got 8 to 12 inches overnight depending on where you lived.  Twin's youngest DD had a flooded property due to a creek behind their house.  A few hours later the water had gone down. But she has a flooded family room which the previous owners added from a breezeway between the house and garage.  It stepped down.  So that room has to be stripped of flooring and drywall on the bottom foot of the walls.  Replace insulation and drywall, etc.  Servicemaster is coming out tomorrow to do some work, and FEMA officials will be in the neighborhood Friday to check on what everyone's damage was.  One of their cars had water up to the doors so it got wet inside.  Her DD worked on cleaning up that car all day.  Some people's basements leaked but luckily not DB or twin's house.

@Live4cruisesI'm sorry to hear about Mykonos's kidney problems.  I hope he has lots more time left with you.

@marshhawkgreat news about Chuck's biopsy not even needed doing.  Good luck getting him weaned off the pain meds.  And others have said it more eloquently than I ever could.  We're glad you found us here and that we can be your adopted family.  What a heartbreaking childhood!  I'm glad you're a survivor!

@Sharon in AZoh drat on DM catching Covid!  It has to happen sooner or later to all of us I guess.  I know you will watch out for her and she'll be well before you know it.

@Quartzsite Cruiserloved the memes!  DH got quite a kick out of the not as hot water faucet.  True for us here in Georgia as well but probably not as hot as Arizona or Texas.

@Sea Viewersounds like a successful day.  Finding all the groceries, accomplishing key fob battery replacement, and a free car wash!  I hope the Tres Leches cake was scrumptious!

@ger_77nice to hear the ultrasound is done and a report coming up.  But even better the fact his leg is doing better already.  Wish mine was.  I've been trying to schedule a follow up appointment but there are no openings until late September.  The doctor's office manager is trying to find me a time that works with my upcoming road trip dates.

@TbayI'm not sure.  Is Vizcaya in Miami?  She and her two siblings go on an annual vacation with their Dad (parents divorced) and sometimes it's at the beach somewhere in Florida.  But who knows where each year. It looks like a downtown area off in the distance.  

Have a good evening everyone!

Pleased to hear your daughter's procedure went well Sandi.

Sorry to hear your twins daughters house was flooded and prayers 🙏 they can rectify it quickly.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good evening everyone. I’m very late today because we were busy celebrating my daughter, Lori’s birthday.

I’m delighted to report that my son has recovered from covid and the only lingering symptom he has is not being happy to return to work. He picked up his son from the airport after his 5 weeks in Israel with his camp and he has been awake for 48 hours. I feel sorry for anyone else on the plane bringing them back to Newark.

Hope everyone is safe,

Carol

Happy birthday Lori.

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

• Like 6