I can’t book a room for 3 people on Anthem

I’m trying to book a room on the Anthem 2/19/23 but they won’t allow more than 2 people per room. I know they have rooms that fit more than 2 because balconies and suites are still available. Does anyone know why they’re doing that? 

I think NJ schools may be closed that week for Presidents Week. Lots of kids onboard that week.

They can only sell so many cabins with 3 persons, guessing they are figuring if they sell the rest of their open cabins with 2 persons they will be at capacity.

Life boats etc.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MissKathy107 said:

I’m trying to book a room on the Anthem 2/19/23 but they won’t allow more than 2 people per room. I know they have rooms that fit more than 2 because balconies and suites are still available. Does anyone know why they’re doing that? 

What website are you using?

I just checked an online TA and also the Royal website and both offered a variety of Inside and Balcony rooms for three people.

20 hours ago, brillohead said:

What website are you using?

I just checked an online TA and also the Royal website and both offered a variety of Inside and Balcony rooms for three people.

I used the RCCL website. Then I checked on Expedia. I also called Club Royale. 

So strange..

My search was for Anthem 2/19/23 from Jersey. 

7 hours ago, MissKathy107 said:

I used the RCCL website. Then I checked on Expedia. I also called Club Royale. 

So strange..

My search was for Anthem 2/19/23 from Jersey. 

That's what I searched on at the time, too, and had available rooms.  But now it's showing sold out.  

Ships have a maximum occupancy. A friend was a pub singer on board a ship, and planned to have her sister join her for her last week.  She was going to share her cabin.

Alas, it was not to be. The ship was full to capacity, so full that CREW could not take up any extra lifeboat space.

• Thanks 1

I booked a cabin for this cruise last week, went to check for additional cabins and there was nothing there. It might also be Canada spring break too. It is a Club Royale cruise also. So good possibility you 

will have people dropping cabins when they realize that.  Keep an eye out for it daily. Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, katsn1011 said:

I booked a cabin for this cruise last week, went to check for additional cabins and there was nothing there. It might also be Canada spring break too. It is a Club Royale cruise also. So good possibility you 

will have people dropping cabins when they realize that.  Keep an eye out for it daily. Good Luck.

How do you know that’s a Club Royale cruise?  How different is it from a regular sail. 
I’ve got a free C R balcony sailing on February 4 and it’s an 8 niter. 

We are on that sailing - it's President's week and a lot of Northeast schools are off. Our TA had groups of rooms blocked. You may want to try locating a TA who has a block of rooms. We did book 2 rooms for the three of us though - I'm putting the kids in a connecting cabin. 

• Thanks 1

I received a postcard from Club Royale, you can check your offers also . The website is 

clubroyaleoffers.com, you might have different offers.  

I know a lot of our schools are off that week.  I would still check every so often.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, katsn1011 said:

I received a postcard from Club Royale, you can check your offers also . The website is 

clubroyaleoffers.com, you might have different offers.  

I know a lot of our schools are off that week.  I would still check every so often.

I tried that too. 
I will keep trying. Don’t know what’s going on. 

On 7/29/2022 at 10:36 PM, Jimbo said:

I think NJ schools may be closed that week for Presidents Week. Lots of kids onboard that week.

They can only sell so many cabins with 3 persons, guessing they are figuring if they sell the rest of their open cabins with 2 persons they will be at capacity.

Life boats etc.

NYC schools are closed that week.  With the return of kids sail free, they are probably at capacity.