Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

Congratulations! Enjoy every moment of your shipboard fame 😀. It's an honor I bet  most of us on CC aspire to !

Absolutely agree.  Give hugs to Margaret from the Moose man.  She is great.  Maine has had 5 days of perfect weather.  Picture from outside our Airbnb near Camden ME.  The champagne a give from our cabin steward!

See you in April on the Apex20220904_183623.thumb.jpg.719d0df3749924bd6f8ac40713c69fdb.jpg

On 8/31/2022 at 1:47 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Part 3 -  The final Chapterlways like to shoot a photo of the schedule from the first day Daily.  

Bold print signify Chic Nights and the < or > signify one hour back or forward. 

BFD4535F-ED2F-488C-B85E-F17CA429D18F.thumb.jpeg.88cde0489f324379b363578b6bebacb5.jpeg

Would you post what terminal you will be docked at in Quebec? 

Edited by davekathy

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

That would really be interesting.  BTW I love shortbread.    It's amazing, the recipe is so simple but the love of the person making it makes all the difference.  My mother-in-law and aunt had this special touch and even though I have the recipe just never come out as good.    

You know how it is a baker usually has a little tweak without measurements that makes all the difference.

It's also about the quality of the butter! High fat, low water content.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Curious about the complementary Speciality dinner ‘ based on availability.’

I hope they didn’t tell you that all spaces were fully booked.😱

No problem.    They didn't even put a caveat of 'based on availability'.    They asked when we would like and I told them and they said no problem and it showed up in our daily planner

• Like 1

14 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Congratulations Jim & Iain!  Since you shared both your total cruises and CC points, I'm wondering if they award the Top Cruiser based on cruises or Captain's club points?

I believe they base it on points.   In the old days it was cruises but that was when you got 1 point for a regular room and 2 for a Suite of any type.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Congratulations

Did this include your cruise count and points from your first two legs back and forth to Iceland?

It included only the first cruise.   This cruise, there are only 7 Zenith's. 

It's fun but looking forward to another 1,000 points and getting a Free Cruise when we hit 6,000. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, juanrod said:

Enjoy your cooler weather you are missing the heat wave here in California.   🥵

Yea... watching KPIX in San Francisco now.   In the Central valley where my daughter lives they are forecasting 114 f .    That's beyond hot.    It will be a pleasant 70F  here today in Quebec City.

11 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Absolutely agree.  Give hugs to Margaret from the Moose man.  She is great.  Maine has had 5 days of perfect weather.  Picture from outside our Airbnb near Camden ME.  The champagne a give from our cabin steward!

See you in April on the Apex20220904_183623.thumb.jpg.719d0df3749924bd6f8ac40713c69fdb.jpg

That looks so good... What a way to enjoy the view.

9 hours ago, SkystheLimit said:

It's also about the quality of the butter! High fat, low water content.

Agree with that.   Cornish butter has one of the highest butter fat content.    I had some shortbread recently in Southampton area and they were really flaky -  They lady that made them said she substitutes a little rice flower and a slightly larger pinch of salt.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pamkev said:

I have to ask what is a Dry Cappuccino.

A Dry one has very little milk.   Andril just uses foam and no milk added at all.     In my opinion many places create a latte by adding too much milk.  

I think the best way to describe is an espresso with some foam on top.   LOL  

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, pamkev said:

Congrats on your honor It's been wonderful following your cruise. We will be on the repo from Boston to Miami in October. Can't wait

I would love to do that one. If I recall you have a stop in Charleston.    A port we have never been to. 

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

In honor of Quebec City I just completed Louise Perry mystery novel Still Life.  Recommend by others on. The reading list. 

She introduces  Armand Gamache of the Surete du Quebec, a modern Poirot.  

My favorite series. Glad to see you're hooked. It helps if you read them in order as her characters develop and change.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2022 at 7:09 PM, Jim_Iain said:

The fortress Is a re-enactment of life in the late 1700’s

E43D0E8D-181C-493C-B460-59F043942A25.thumb.jpeg.3137b407f1651f0acf4d3b4d1d11c1bf.jpeg

14496D52-C5E5-4589-903C-FB0AD442CE92.thumb.jpeg.f3f6f1324bfcec3c56ab2d17b1d2e717.jpeg

56FA3BC1-DB85-4B6A-904D-6B0A1E6F201D.thumb.jpeg.3d59f6456d657e76af1c474e1890edea.jpeg

These photos bring back great memories! The Fortress of Louisbourg is one of the better cruise ship excursions we've taken. It was almost like a Canadian Colonial Williamsburg, and we ended up buying a bottle of small batch, very boozy rum aged in oak barrels at the fortress. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jim and Lain, bravo! you have finally reached the closest point to our home! lol! We're just 2.5 hours further up the St-Lawrence River known in French as Fleuve St-Laurent, living in a small town on the south shore of Montreal and the river. 

I hope you will really enjoy your day in Quebec City and I look forward to see it through the keen eyes of your camera! 

• Like 2