FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT EXTENSION??

tabprincess

On 8/3/2022 at 2:45 PM, tabprincess said:

I did a chat with Princess and it can't be used for anything other than cruise fare.  It will NOT be refunded at expiration date.

They changed this on December 4th.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 9:47 AM, HappyCruiserettu said:

ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE. See posts 13 and 14. 13 shows a Princess Notice detailing how FCC can be used. 14 shows how another passenger was able to spend his. cashValue FCC will be refunded. Goodwill FCC is "use or lose."

It depends on when the FCC was earned.

• 1 month later...

We have a fcc that is a goodwill credit expiring 12/31/22.  We have a cruise booked leaving on 1/7/23.  I just spoke with a Princess customer service representative and asked for an extension of the fcc to use for payment of the January 7th cruise.  She said they never extend goodwill fcc.  Any success getting this type of fcc extended?  Very frustrating.  

2 minutes ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

We have a fcc that is a goodwill credit expiring 12/31/22.  We have a cruise booked leaving on 1/7/23.  I just spoke with a Princess customer service representative and asked for an extension of the fcc to use for payment of the January 7th cruise.  She said they never extend goodwill fcc.  Any success getting this type of fcc extended?  Very frustrating.  

keep calling back for a different rep - make sure to explain that you want the FCC applied to a currently booked cruise - not just extended

1 hour ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Thank you for your reply.  I will follow your advice and call Princess again and talk to another customer service representative to see if they will extend our fcc to let us use it to pay the balance for our 1/7 cruise.  It is worth a try!  

Do you have a TA?  You would call them for help.

Or, if you booked it with PCL directly….and they won’t do it…

You could ask for a CVP/cruise vacation planner for this booking.  When you get one, tell them what you want to do and see if they can help.  Sometimes they can.

Or, is there a NYE cruise you could tack on to this one?  A b2b that would leave

Dec 30-31, 2022. Of course, you’d need the time off.  Just throwing out ideas.

Best of luck. 

Edited by PacnGoNow

Thanks everyone!  Yes, we have a travel agent.  I called him and he called Princess and he was also told no to an extension of the goodwill fcc.  I just thought I would call myself.  We could potentially do an October New England/Canada cruise out of NYC mid-October on Enchanted.  We have not done a New England cruise.  Has anyone sailed on this 7 day itinerary cruise--Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, Saint John and Halifax?  Thoughts? Input?  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Thanks everyone!  Yes, we have a travel agent.  I called him and he called Princess and he was also told no to an extension of the goodwill fcc.  I just thought I would call myself.  We could potentially do an October New England/Canada cruise out of NYC mid-October on Enchanted.  We have not done a New England cruise.  Has anyone sailed on this 7 day itinerary cruise--Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, Saint John and Halifax?  Thoughts? Input?  Thanks!

We’ve done the 7 day New England/Canada cruise round trip from New York and loved it.  We enjoyed all the ports — Boston (Freedom Trail, Quincy Market, the North End), Newport (the mansions!), Bar Harbor (Acadia National Park, blueberry pie, lobster!), Halifax (Peggy’s Cove),  Saint John (the famous river that changes direction).  We enjoyed lobster or lobster rolls in almost every port.  And if you’re lucky, you can see the beautiful fall foliage.  

I posted the info below on another thread on the same topic.  It's the text from and email sent by Princess to TAs last Thursday.  And it's my understanding that they are strictly adhering to this: 

Future Cruise Credit expiration dates extended
We have extended the expiration date of a number of FCCs that were due to expire at the end of 2022 as follows:

·        Cash-backed, non-refundable FCCs: FCCs issued during Cruise with Confidence will have their expiration date extended to Sep 30, 2023

·        Cash-backed, refundable FCCs: Cash-backed refundable FCCs are extended to Dec 31, 2024. Note that we are happy to accommodate requests from any guests who want a refund on their cash-backed refundable FCC.

·        Bonus non-refundable FCCs issued during the pause in operations are not being extended and will expire Dec 31, 2022

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 11:44 AM, tabprincess said:

I am booking a cruise today, but would still have a $470 balance left on the FCC's for both my husband and myself and I'd really like to not waste that leftover.  So if anyone has had any luck, please let me know how you did it, what number you called, etc.  If no success, then I guess I'll just book a better stateroom category so as not to lose the money.  (In my mind, still losing it as I wouldn't have booked the better cabin, but oh well!)

If you are flying to the port you can use the FCC for air. Maybe that would help use it up?   Some FCC were recently extended by Princess but bonus/goodwill FCC were not extended. Your TA can check and see what type of FCC you have and whether any of it was extended by Princess.

On 9/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

We tried to do the same with a cruise that left on 1/8/23.  They would not budge.  Very disappointing.

On 9/21/2022 at 7:47 AM, azbirdmom said:

I posted the info below on another thread on the same topic.  It's the text from and email sent by Princess to TAs last Thursday.  And it's my understanding that they are strictly adhering to this: 

Future Cruise Credit expiration dates extended
We have extended the expiration date of a number of FCCs that were due to expire at the end of 2022 as follows:

·        Cash-backed, non-refundable FCCs: FCCs issued during Cruise with Confidence will have their expiration date extended to Sep 30, 2023

·        Cash-backed, refundable FCCs: Cash-backed refundable FCCs are extended to Dec 31, 2024. Note that we are happy to accommodate requests from any guests who want a refund on their cash-backed refundable FCC.

·        Bonus non-refundable FCCs issued during the pause in operations are not being extended and will expire Dec 31, 2022

I was on a cruise and couldn't understand why I all of a sudden had new expiration dates on refundable FCC. Previous CVP had already repositioned FCC to use Goodwill 1st. Thanks & remainder is all used up in April 2023.  Lasted thru 7 cruises. So many canceled 🙄 but life has returned to normal

Edited by Ombud