New Fingerprint Login option

kdr69

Went to Carnival. com to check my bookings and saw a little fingerprint box beside the boxes for your name and password to login.  Checked it out on my mobile phone and set up in like 10 seconds. So now I can login to the website on my mobile phone quickly and easily.  Nice to see cause i hate typing on my mobile phone lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I saw that too this morning.  I put my thumb to icon on the screen and nothing happened.  Then I remembered I was on my desktop.

My laptop has a thumbprint reader for work security... I may have spent a solid few minutes wondering why my thumb reader didn't work 🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

Went to Carnival. com to check my bookings and saw a little fingerprint box beside the boxes for your name and password to login.  Checked it out on my mobile phone and set up in like 10 seconds. So now I can login to the website on my mobile phone quickly and easily.  Nice to see cause i hate typing on my mobile phone lol.

I saw that a few days ago too. Does one need a cell phone with data to set it up? I have a cell phone but no data (well maybe a teeny bit)…I don’t think I can log into CC on my phone.  Can one set it up on an iPad, do you think?

I just "set this up" on my phone, when I use it, it still prompts to enter an email/username, followed by another prompt asking if I want to sign in with that email....this how it should be working? Seems all it's "saving" is entering my password. Sort of pointless to still have to enter any user information for a touch or face id login.

Just tried again, and it resends a verification code to my email. Has done this 3 times now!!!

Edited by bar1068
add more info

4 hours ago, kdr69 said:

And now your fingerprint is online.  Great

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bar1068 said:

I just "set this up" on my phone, when I use it, it still prompts to enter an email/username, followed by another prompt asking if I want to sign in with that email....this how it should be working? Seems all it's "saving" is entering my password. Sort of pointless to still have to enter any user information for a touch or face id login.

Just tried again, and it resends a verification code to my email. Has done this 3 times now!!!

must be a glitch. it asked me to put in my email address, then sent the verification code which i entered and i was in.  

I was excited about it but it looks like every time I go to it I have to get the email code and enter it. I thought it would be a deal where once you set it up, you just use facial recognition. It's easier just to type my password.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I was excited about it but it looks like every time I go to it I have to get the email code and enter it. I thought it would be a deal where once you set it up, you just use facial recognition. It's easier just to type my password.

That’s what I thought too.  It’s not a time-saver if you have to get the email code each time you sign in.  That’s what happened to me also.  I’ll stick with the password.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

That’s what I thought too.  It’s not a time-saver if you have to get the email code each time you sign in.  That’s what happened to me also.  I’ll stick with the password.

It's probably just a glitch or coding error that will be fixed. They don't actually get your fingerprint or face ID when people use those, you simply authenticate through Android/Apple and phone software/hardware (actual fingerprint reader). It should be an easy fix, The first time you use it, it should require the verification code and TOS acceptance, It will also do this if you powerwash your phone or get a new phone for security reasons (you must reauthenticate). The security protocols should be handed off after that and it should work seamlessly. Nearly every banking app and a bunch of other apps already use this and have been for a while, since way back with Samsung Pay (original MST was the best) and Google Pay. It's nothing new and this shouldn't be happening, It will get fixed.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It's probably just a glitch or coding error that will be fixed. They don't actually get your fingerprint or face ID when people use those, you simply authenticate through Android/Apple and phone software/hardware (actual fingerprint reader). It should be an easy fix, The first time you use it, it should require the verification code and TOS acceptance, It will also do this if you powerwash your phone or get a new phone for security reasons (you must reauthenticate). The security protocols should be handed off after that and it should work seamlessly. Nearly every banking app and a bunch of other apps already use this and have been for a while, since way back with Samsung Pay (original MST was the best) and Google Pay. It's nothing new and this shouldn't be happening, It will get fixed.    

Apps yeah. I can’t think of any websites that use it though. 

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Apps yeah. I can’t think of any websites that use it though. 

They could roll it into the HUB app and with a client-side plugin make it work well. Maybe it's coming? Makes a lot of sense. Most folks don't use full websites on mobile devices anyway.  

4 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

They could roll it into the HUB app and with a client-side plugin make it work well. Maybe it's coming? Makes a lot of sense. Most folks don't use full websites on mobile devices anyway.  

Yeah I think they need it on an app. Kind of weird that they don’t have an app to use other than when you’re onboard.

Edited by Saint Greg