New Sail Safe Covid Polices Effective 9/2/22

hernando52

New COVID testing and vaccination policies for NCL have been published.  Covid testing for vaccinated cruisers will be eliminated for vaccinated cruisers after 9/2/22.  There are individual country exceptions that remain, so make sure to read everything carefully.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, hernando52 said:

New COVID testing and vaccination policies for NCL have been published.  Covid testing for vaccinated cruisers will be eliminated for vaccinated cruisers after 9/2/22.  There are individual country exceptions that remain, so make sure to read everything carefully.

Thank you for posting the latest update.

They have reinstated the testing requirement for non-US ports.  Last month they dropped that requirement effective 8/1, now they’ve reinstated it without notification.  We are flying to the UK for a cruise and we’re delirious that we didn’t need to test, but now we do.  Grrrr.

I am also very confused regarding this new wording. We have our cruise boarding in Rome on Saturday and was under the impression all testing requirements have been removed, however it now states all cruises before Sept 2 require negative test prior to boarding…

Another xx pages of verbiage! 

Make it simple. Kept it simple.

1. Cruise out of US:

No test required unless you will visit port(s):

a.

b.

2. Cruise out of Countries requiring test:

a.

b.

We are not lawyers and can NOT read between the lines.

KISS! 💋 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, CruisingMelly said:

I am also very confused regarding this new wording. We have our cruise boarding in Rome on Saturday and was under the impression all testing requirements have been removed, however it now states all cruises before Sept 2 require negative test prior to boarding…

I suspect that it is just the typical bad NCL wording. Your problem will be confirming that is the case.

16 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I’m surprised that all of the comments so far have been about testing. From previous comments I thought that there would have been some discussion about the removal of the vaccine requirement.

Maybe we've learned from the other lines - "Don't believe it until it's been revised once or twice"  😉

Edited by Karaboudjan
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zjc said:

I’m very confused, if I leave from Seattle and the cruise calls in Canada do we need to test?

That's my question.  We're on a round trip Canada/New England from New York in a month.   I've read that Canada doesn't require testing for vaccinated travelers, but I'm still confused.

3 minutes ago, zjc said:

I’m very confused, if I leave from Seattle and the cruise calls in Canada do we need to test?

If Canada still has requirements listed in the Cruise Travel Requirements by Country section at the time of your cruise you would need to follow them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

If Canada still has requirements listed in the Cruise Travel Requirements by Country section at the time of your cruise you would need to follow them.

They don’t make that clear do they because all the requirements listed in there talk about Embarkation testing rather than if you embarked the cruise elsewhere.

2 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

They have reinstated the testing requirement for non-US ports.  Last month they dropped that requirement effective 8/1, now they’ve reinstated it without notification.  We are flying to the UK for a cruise and we’re delirious that we didn’t need to test, but now we do.  Grrrr.

I ask this out of genuine curiosity. Not judging, not being condescending, sarcastic, etc.

Why does it matter if you have to test? Testing is generally easily available, takes about 5 minutes, sure a little discomfort, and is typically paid for by insurance (I know that is changing a bit now). 

So, why does it matter? 

I know there's a possibility you'll have COVID, but do you really want to be on a boat with a lot of people with COVID? Especially, if you get really sick, or make someone else really sick due to contact? 

• Like 9

Do Alaska cruises from Seattle require pre-testing after Sept 3, because they stop in Canada on Day 6? If yes, then that seems silly. Most people test 2 days prior to embarkation. That means you would be in Canada 8 days AFTER testing. And most passengers don't even leave the ship in Victoria due to the very short stop.

• Like 1

Wow, so NO 5 day or less requirement, basically the only countries that will require you be tested on the North America side of the world are Canada and Bermuda, so if you are going to either of those destinations expect you are going to need a test.  Europe is way more confusing (testing can be based on booster status or not, depending on the country).

This is good news for the business side of things going forward, I am sure at the end of the day they will lose some folks who were hoping all of these mandates would stay in place.  Also, @BermudaBound2014 and I were predicting the news would hit on earnings report, guess we missed that by one whole day.  LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I ask this out of genuine curiosity. Not judging, not being condescending, sarcastic, etc.

Why does it matter if you have to test? Testing is generally easily available, takes about 5 minutes, sure a little discomfort, and is typically paid for by insurance (I know that is changing a bit now). 

So, why does it matter? 

I know there's a possibility you'll have COVID, but do you really want to be on a boat with a lot of people with COVID? Especially, if you get really sick, or make someone else really sick due to contact? 

If you are in a foreign country a few days pre cruise it means finding a place, taking time out of your day, if insurance would cover it in US it may not abroad, and it is time specific

• Like 7

As for me I am on the Getaway September 29th and Thrilled that i do not have to worry about pre boarding testing! It was not much of a hassle, just didnt get fully excited untill after i tested negative lol....

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, zjc said:

They don’t make that clear do they because all the requirements listed in there talk about Embarkation testing rather than if you embarked the cruise elsewhere.

Could be wrong, but the way I read it they will verify everything when you embark from the US port.  Since it says "Guests must select "Arriving by Ship." I take that to mean they are not referring to embarkations from Canadian ports.  

14 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

So, why does it matter? 

For a lot of people it actually effects them physically due to the stress and anxiety the test places on the entire vacation plan.  Imagine you paid to take your family of 4 on a cruise and had to fly to the destination, stay in a hotel, etc.  Now you paid all that out of pocket, get to the port and have to take a test before you know it is OK to continue, even though none of you have any outward signs of sickness at all.   The head of that family has a lot on their mind leading up to and going through this.  

If people are truly sick and have symptoms the old stand by form at the port should stop them from boarding, no need to add a test (do you have a fever, do you have a cough, etc).  I know people will argue that folks lie on that form, but that is not the fault of the line, that is the fault of people.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Europe is way more confusing (testing can be based on booster status or not, depending on the country).

This is good news for the business side of things going forward, I am sure at the end of the day they will lose some folks who were hoping all of these mandates would stay in place.  Also, @BermudaBound2014 and I were predicting the news would hit on earnings report, guess we missed that by one whole day.  LOL

Where are you seeing that Europe is way more confusing?? Based on what I'm reading all covid protocols in the EU have been dropped except for Spain (and Luxenberg but that country is land locked so we probably don't need to include it). 

• Like 1