recent online covid testing experiences

Has anyone had any success recently with online covid testing companies?  We have the government tests, and are hoping to use a proctored online test because there are 5 of us, so this could get expensive considering we already had to pay for the Bermuda travel authorization (40 per person).

How does rapid test and trace work?  I assume they are a proctoring site.  Do have a couple of questions I hope someone can help with:  Can you use a smart phone (android) for the test?  Is there an app that you use to reach a proctor?  Do you need to set up an account before hand?

Yes, you have to do a proctored test if you want to use your free government tests.  I think it is $20 pp.  Yes you can use your phone.  You can go onto their website to schedule appt.  There is some helpful info on their website.   No app needed.

They will email you test results that you can then print or save on your phone.  Android smartphone or laptop can be used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kitkat343 said:

Has anyone had any success recently with online covid testing companies?  We have the government tests, and are hoping to use a proctored online test because there are 5 of us, so this could get expensive considering we already had to pay for the Bermuda travel authorization (40 per person).

OnPoint is aother protered website for testing. https://onpoint-testing.com/

We just did ours this morning with OnPoint. We had a very positive experience. As soon as I purchased the test last week ($17pp), I selected my time slot (9:45 this morning), and then received an email to register for HealthTrackRX. As soon as I did that, I received the link to my zoom call for use at my scheduled time.I clicked the link at 9:40 this morning, and our proctor joined the call and started the meeting right on time. All three of us were complete in the fifteen minute window, and I had my official results in my email within the hour. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, PSU_Redhead said:

We just did ours this morning with OnPoint. We had a very positive experience. As soon as I purchased the test last week ($17pp), I selected my time slot (9:45 this morning), and then received an email to register for HealthTrackRX. As soon as I did that, I received the link to my zoom call for use at my scheduled time.I clicked the link at 9:40 this morning, and our proctor joined the call and started the meeting right on time. All three of us were complete in the fifteen minute window, and I had my official results in my email within the hour. 

So all three of you were able to use the same email address and test one after the other with the same proctor?  

Just now, davekathy said:

So all three of you were able to use the same email address and test one after the other with the same proctor?  

Yes - I registered all 3 of us with the same email address and picked one appointment time, indicating that the appointment was for 3 people. We all swabbed at the beginning of the testing window, and at the end he looked at all 3 results. Fifteen minutes and we were done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PSU_Redhead said:

Yes - I registered all 3 of us with the same email address and picked one appointment time, indicating that the appointment was for 3 people. We all swabbed at the beginning of the testing window, and at the end he looked at all 3 results. Fifteen minutes and we were done!

Thanks.  Good to know. I ordered more iHealth test kits the other day and will probaly schdule my wife and I with OnPoint. 

Edited by davekathy

All of these online testing sites work USUALLY work reasonably 

EMED of course is best of the lot.

When they work fine, it is not news. They are suppose to work fine 

News is when they drop the ball. 

If you have time and inclination to go through various threads in various cruise line forums or Roll Calls, you will notice that OnPoint has some negative reports 

OnPoint uses three different organizations and they have almost non-existent escalation point of contact when they make mistakes.

Again, when things go smoothly, they all work fine 

Based on our personal stressful  bad experience, we will not be using OnPoint again especially when their failure rate is higher (based on feedback from others on CC) primarily because of how they are setup 

Rapidtestandtrace seem to be better 

• Like 3

We used the Emed testing but bought our tests from Optum Health (as recommended by Celebrity).  We chose to buy through Optum as at the time Emed had a supply chain issue.  Anyway, it was very easy. BUT, we had one test where the fluid was dry and it was unusable, so make sure you have a backup test available.  My advice to you is to watch YouTube videos of whatever test you choose.  I watched about 3 of them (one was actually pretty funny as the guy kept "hitting" on the monitor 🤣).   The advantage to the videos is that the monitors we had were likely in India and had an accent.  I'm hard of hearing anyway, but since I had watched the videos I was fully aware of each step, so it made it a very easy procedure.

I just tested with rapidtestandtrace.com this morning.  I had a 9:00 appointment and my wife had 9:30. When I connected the nurse immediately asked if my wife would like to test at the same time with me.  She had us both do the testing at the same time and when done she immediately sent our results in an email and asked me to make sure that I received the emails before she disconnected.  I used my Samsung tablet and did not have to install anything and I did not have to set up any accounts.  Clicking on the email link (which they also resent to me 30 minutes before my test) connected me right into the testing site.  She did ask us to blow our noses and sanitize our hands before opening the test kit.  You also need a pen or marker since she had to observe us writing our initials and dates on the outside of the test strip.  We used our drivers licenses as ID and we held them up to the camera where she copied the information and then read back the license number to insure that she copied it correctly.

All in all, it was a very comfortable and easy experience and I highly recommend rapidtestandtrace.com.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Do you have to download Zoom or anything like that to connect with them?

If you're addressing me or asking about RT&T, no, you just click on the link they send. They use Microsoft Teams but you don't have to download it.

All this info is in the thread I posted above.

We used Rapid test & trace for our cruise from Southampton. Agree with everything said above. It was so easy! The hardest part was converting our London time to a U.S. time slot when we made the initial appointment. They required one appointment for each person (I’m sure to it’s to charge correctly) but the proctor did both my husband and I at the same time. They sent a reminder the day before and then a link on the day of the tests. All the anxiety and worry was for nothing. 

3 hours ago, OnceAMarineAlwaysAMarine said:

I just tested with rapidtestandtrace.com this morning.  I had a 9:00 appointment and my wife had 9:30. When I connected the nurse immediately asked if my wife would like to test at the same time with me.  She had us both do the testing at the same time and when done she immediately sent our results in an email and asked me to make sure that I received the emails before she disconnected.  I used my Samsung tablet and did not have to install anything and I did not have to set up any accounts.  Clicking on the email link (which they also resent to me 30 minutes before my test) connected me right into the testing site.  She did ask us to blow our noses and sanitize our hands before opening the test kit.  You also need a pen or marker since she had to observe us writing our initials and dates on the outside of the test strip.  We used our drivers licenses as ID and we held them up to the camera where she copied the information and then read back the license number to insure that she copied it correctly.

All in all, it was a very comfortable and easy experience and I highly recommend rapidtestandtrace.com.

Same here.  Tested this am and it went great.  Nurse was lovely.  Had results in 10 minutes

4 hours ago, OnceAMarineAlwaysAMarine said:

Did you set up two separate accounts and order one virtual visit at a time or did you order two. This would be my first time trying this way.