New testing guidelines

rvlandandsea

2 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Confusing or what! I FB'd Celebrity Captains Club and received this reply regarding our 24th Beyond ex Barca:

Hi xxxxx, for sailings out of Barcelona that do not have a port of call in Greece, fully vaccinated guests will be required to do a test within 1 day prior to sailing. This does not have to be supervised and we will accept NHS Lateral Flow home tests. You can bring the test with you and we will dispose at the port or you can bring in a photo. Please read the information on this website link: https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/barcelona-spain-travel-requirements/updated

Thanks, Su

You said your cruise is on the 24th - Aug or Sept?  We 're on Beyond 15th Sept and your response from Celebrity if for Sept would apply to us.

Celebrity doesn’t know what they are doing.

other cruise lines have eliminated the pre cruise testing. I’m stuck with my Nov 5 cruise as paid in full but not my Feb 18 cruise.if by Nov still doing the test I’ll switch to Princess or Regent in Feb. I’m Elite but done with all this back and forth baloney.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

Celebrity doesn’t know what they are doing.

other cruise lines have eliminated the pre cruise testing. I’m stuck with my Nov 5 cruise as paid in full but not my Feb 18 cruise.if by Nov still doing the test I’ll switch to Princess or Regent in Feb. I’m Elite but done with all this back and forth baloney.

The only problem with switching is you never know when the cruiselines will change guidelines again.  If we have a particularly rough COVID fall/winter, all bets are off.   

9 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

My Celebrity App "check in"  for my Sept 24 cruise out of LA is showing I only need to be vaccinated.   No mention of testing.   Am I missing something?

Nothing about precruise testing when you tap on the Health Icon at the bottom of the home page? 

Edited by davekathy

I am on the Sept 24 out of fort Lauderdale and my app with check in says I still have to test but the web site says differently and the web check in is also showing testing required if anyone gets clarification that would be great as always it is confusing

Celebrity has upped Royal's testing to 8 days or less, which works for me on the beyond in December. I think it's a good  start.  This is for vaccinated passengers. If you're unvaccinated , you still have to est 3 days before. Any test will do, even if it's not proctored, but not an antibody test.

19 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

How inept is Celebrity messaging if they can't update their global websites within days.   The Canadian and UK sites have had the Sept 5 changes for at least 2 days now.

They've been demonstrating their IT ineptness for quite some time now.  They're really good at it (the ineptness, that is)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Things are constantly changing, but the general direction is towards normalcy. The cruise lines are very slow to change, and with local areas having their own complicated and changing rules, it makes it difficult for them to update CS, their websites, and the app. Fortunately simple competitive pressure got them to push the testing beyond 7 days, after HAL and Princess did the same. It was the same long, wait-and-see process that was involved in dropping masking, and allowing passengers to touch serving spoons (gasp!), so some people will freak out, some will want them to move faster, but we're moving in the right direction finally. They've also had the CDC to shift responsibility to for some time, so now they have to make and live with their own rules. Now what I really want to see is the smiling faces of all crew and to make their lives easier--it was nice to see some on Solstice a few weeks ago unmasked on the pool deck. 

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Celebrity has upped Royal's testing to 8 days or less, which works for me on the beyond in December. I think it's a good  start.  This is for vaccinated passengers. If you're unvaccinated , you still have to est 3 days before. Any test will do, even if it's not proctored, but not an antibody test.

Have we seen any confirmation of the change to 8 nights or less?  The US website still says 5 nights or less don't require testing for vaccinated passengers leaving from the US (with a couple exceptions obviously).  It also still says the test must be supervised for US itineraries.

30 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Have we seen any confirmation of the change to 8 nights or less?  The US website still says 5 nights or less don't require testing for vaccinated passengers leaving from the US (with a couple exceptions obviously).  It also still says the test must be supervised for US itineraries.

There is no official announcement yet and the Celebrity US website has not changed with any new guidelines.  

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

When they get to 9 nights or less, it'll work for me 😀...

On 8/15/2022 at 4:13 PM, rvlandandsea said:

It is as of August 15,  cruises starting September 5, no testing for vaccinated , on 8 nights or less. US and Europe with some exceptions.  Sorry can’t do a copy. 

For all the 7 night Solstice cruises out of LA, you will still need to get tested within 3 days of departure.

7 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

My Celebrity App "check in"  for my Sept 24 cruise out of LA is showing I only need to be vaccinated.   No mention of testing.   Am I missing something?

You will need to provide a negative result taken with 3 days of departure. The information is on X's website. It's ridiculous but it is what it is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neverlaysup said:

For all the 7 night Solstice cruises out of LA, you will still need to get tested within 3 days of departure.

Not true for those from UK and Canada.   The Celebrity websites for those countries indicate testing is not required for cruises out of LA 8 nights or less.    

7 minutes ago, bdstickks0944 said:

This from celebrity’s website today for all sailings out of the us

ACAC1D5A-711A-4379-B993-3865F49C093F.png

Which, unfortunately, is not a new update. 😞

Thankfully I have a few months for them to get their house in order. 

1 hour ago, AnnaNicole said:

Not true for those from UK and Canada.   The Celebrity websites for those countries indicate testing is not required for cruises out of LA 8 nights or less.    

Hmm. I wouldn’t be so sure, especially with how disorganized Celebrity is with these requirements right now.  

The fact is the requirements have nothing to do with where you’re coming from or your country of residence.  It’s about about where you embark from and the ports your cruise will call at.  The regulations should be the same for everyone regardless of your country of origin.  Would be nice if Celebrity got this aligned.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, eroller said:

Would be nice if Celebrity got this aligned.  

Couldn't agree more. And Princess is no better...has the exact same issues/lack of continuity as here. Drove me (and everyone else) crazy in the weeks before our Mediterranean cruise last June...