New testing guidelines

rvlandandsea

20 minutes ago, rvlandandsea said:

It is as of August 15,  cruises starting September 5, no testing for vaccinated , on 8 nights or less. US and Europe with some exceptions.  Sorry can’t do a copy. 

I’m not seeing any changes from what was a announced last week.

im still see no tests for some departures of 5 or less nights and tests for sailing over 5 night tests needed.

• Like 1

Just now, jelayne said:

I’m not seeing any changes from what was a announced last week.

im still see no tests for some departures of 5 or less nights and tests for sailing over 5 night tests needed.

Mine says 8 nights or less. Maybe if you refresh or erase cookies. I double checked since our next cruise is 6 nights. 

• Like 1

Screenshot of the Celebrity Canada site.  An interesting point is that, though cruises 9 nights and over require testing, it doesn't say that it has to be a proctored/supervised  test. 

Screenshot_20220815-200203_kindlephoto-214146496.png

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

Screenshot of the Celebrity Canada site.  An interesting point is that, though cruises 9 nights and over require testing, it doesn't say that it has to be a proctored/supervised  test. 

Thanks for posting that!  Looks like a done deal if it’s on the Celebrity website, and perhaps Celebrity Canada just jumped the gun a little.  M

Makes much more sense and aligns Celebrity/Royal with most major lines.  Also simplifies things.  

41 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

Well of course -- as you say, that's the Canadian website, and those are METRIC days, not imperial!  They're shorter than ours here south of the parallel. 😜

Here, it's still no vax for 5 nights or less, vax for 6 or more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

I'm on the Irish version of the site and it also says

"For U.S. and Europe sailings 8 nights or less, vaccinated guests no longer need to test pre-cruise. Unvaccinated guests ages 5 and up will need to present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 3 days prior to boarding."

Edited by KatieDub
  • Like 1

For UK, Barcelona, Italy these are the testing "requirements" as of Sept. 5th.   Seems pointless with no proctoring required.  This is direct from the X website this morning:

Sailing Testing Requirements:

All guests ages 2 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their sailing. A negative test result from any commercially available test, including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test.

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Vaccinated Guests: Must test negative for COVID-19 within 2 days prior to sailing.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Must test negative for COVID-19 within 1 day of sailing.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

For UK, Barcelona, Italy these are the testing "requirements" as of Sept. 5th.   Seems pointless with no proctoring required.  This is direct from the X website this morning:

Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test.

What on earth is the point of an un-proctored test 🤦‍♀️

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, KatieDub said:

I'm on the Irish version of the site and it also says

"For U.S. and Europe sailings 8 nights or less, vaccinated guests no longer need to test pre-cruise. Unvaccinated guests ages 5 and up will need to present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 3 days prior to boarding."

Then there is a list of countries where there are exceptions.  One needs to be aware of the requirements for their specific cruise ports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK pretty bad that Celebrity has different rules on different websites by country.  No matter your national origin, I would go by the H&S protocols on the US website if sailing from a US port until all of this gets cleared up.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

All guests ages 2 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their sailing. A negative test result from any commercially available test, including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test.

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Vaccinated Guests: Must test negative for COVID-19 within 2 days prior to sailing.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Must test negative for COVID-19 within 1 day of sailing.

Where did you see this, as when I look up the info earlier today and again just now, it is basically the same but says the testing is to be within 3 days of sailing for all pax!!

Glad they are not requiring pretests any longer as of September for cruises 8 days or less….. just scheduled my pretest for my cruise this weekend and Walgreens is now charging for the test!!  $128.99 

50 minutes ago, jgmorgan said:

Maybe to determine if you have Covid?

If someone has covid but wants to get on the ship they simply do the test without taking a sample from their nose. Voila negative test. It doesn't prove anything. Of all the changes regarding testing I don't understand this one at all.

• Like 1