STAYING AT MCO AIRPORT HOTEL

ciship

We're thinking of staying overnight at the MCO Airport hotel, and then taking transportation from the airport to the port the next morning.  Who has done this and what transportation did you use?  We are thinking Uber is most direct and quickest?  Carnival shuttle doesn't even pick up until 10 a.m. and Go Port makes stops along the way.  

5 hours ago, ciship said:

Carnival shuttle doesn't even pick up until 10 a.m. and Go Port makes stops along the way.  

What would you do at the port if you got there any earlier? Boarding isn't going to begin 11:30-ish at the earliest anyway.

BTW, the airport Hyatt is an awesome hotel. The airport's food court is landside so you'd have access to it along with most of the airport's shops.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

What would you do at the port if you got there any earlier? Boarding isn't going to begin 11:30-ish at the earliest anyway.

BTW, the airport Hyatt is an awesome hotel. The airport's food court is landside so you'd have access to it along with most of the airport's shops.

Thanks for the info.  We're just early birds, and like to arrive with time to spare.  

• Like 1

We have stayed at the hotel a couple of times when we have early/late flights and I have it booked again in November when we have an early flight after a cruise (spending Sunday night after the cruise as it was cheaper to fly on Monday than Sunday after Thanksgiving).  Pre-cruise we are staying there also as we fly in late from West coast.    If it was me I would just catch the ships shuttle.  However, we are going to Coco Beach for a couple of nights before going to the ship, so I will probably just get an Uber when we are ready to leave MCO.  In the past, I have hired a driver to take us, which I still might do.  The Hyatt inside MCO is a really cool place to stay you will like it.  

• Thanks 1

We stayed at the Hyatt in the Orlando airport. It’s right upstairs from baggage claim so it’s all very easy. The next morning we used Cortrans shuttle to get to the ship and then to get back to the airport at the end of the cruise.

• Thanks 1

I can't say enough good things about renting a car through National. They make it so easy. Join the Emerald Club and when you leave MCO you just walk to the row of cars and take one. You drop it off close to the Port and a free shuttle has you over at the terminal in minutes. Coming back, the same shuttle picks you up and you its easy to drop off you car at MCO too. I think it was about $90 each way, including gas, and tolls, when adding it all up. I like that you are in control too and can make stops for supplies or to eat at a restaurant, etc.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 3:55 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

There are TONS of MCO area hotels. Many within walking distance of good restaurants. It all depends on what you want to be close to. As for service, I would contact Cruise Control. Tony is awesome and very accommodating.

Would you care to name a few?  I have the Comfort Suites booked for a November cruise, but can’t find any good restaurants/bars nearby. I’ll be arriving in early afternoon and need to find a place for dinner. Thank you.

Edited by luvcruzing

On 8/22/2022 at 12:55 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

There are TONS of MCO area hotels. Many within walking distance of good restaurants. It all depends on what you want to be close to. As for service, I would contact Cruise Control. Tony is awesome and very accommodating.

Agree with Cruise Control....Corey the owner is just amazing !!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

Would you care to name a few?  I have the Comfort Suites booked for a November cruise, but can’t find any good restaurants/bars nearby. I’ll be arriving in early afternoon and need to find a place for dinner. Thank you.

I'm not sure where the Comfort Suites is.  The big cluster of hotels is directly north of the airport on either side of Semoran Blvd.  That's the area that most people refer to.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

That really depends on what you like to eat and what you are looking for. After all the hassle and finally able to relax, Miller's Ale House or Hooter's is fine with me. Just north of MCO are several sets of hotels around Hooters. On the other side of the street you have several next to a Longhorn Steakhouse and Carraba's. You can always Uber to a restaurant. Finding the hotels next to Hooters was pure luck for us about 10 years ago. We were offered $100 each to mover our flight to the night before. Back then you could bid on hotels on Priceline. We got the Sheraton for $50. Got in about 7PM and so glad to walk to Hooters for dinner and drinks. No hassle with getting a taxi or anything. 

There are also tons of options on International Drive, but a bit farther from MCO. I am perfectly fine staying right by MCO when there. I don't need to eat fancy.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 1:55 PM, ciship said:

We're thinking of staying overnight at the MCO Airport hotel, and then taking transportation from the airport to the port the next morning.  Who has done this and what transportation did you use?  We are thinking Uber is most direct and quickest?  Carnival shuttle doesn't even pick up until 10 a.m. and Go Port makes stops along the way.  

The Hyatt is really nice.  You can sit at the pool outside and watch planes.  I use Carnival shuttle (for one) from MCO to port.  Was at port in May by 10:30 am