Don't wait for Royal Up email.......

miyanc

So I don't believe I am an expert.  I learn more and more everyday.  Today after paying rcl to switch from neighborhood gty to a specific room in the central park I mentioned (to my wife)we should be set until we get the email from royal up. She goes online and there it is.  I have asked and commented on here and about royal up.  I am not going to read thru all the comments, but in each incident every comment I can recall refers to getting the email.  Many people commenting that not everyone gets the email and hence a royal up offer option.  Sure enough if you go to the royal up website and put in last name and res number, there it is.  For me its even there under my XN not the current room we have.  

here it is. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade  

Now I will wait for the system to realize I changed catagories and maybe the costs and choices will change.  

3 hours ago, miyanc said:

Now I will wait for the system to realize I changed catagories and maybe the costs and choices will change.  

Unlikely - you are in the same category, so the upgrade choices and costs should be the same.

• Like 1

At times we've gotten the email offer and at others I've just gone directly to the website. As far as when you can bid it has varied....some ... yes...at 30 days some as far out as 90 days.

I just tried for a sailing in November and this is the message I received:

Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered

So I cannot access it until 30 days prior.

Edited by scottjeanne
spelling error

18 minutes ago, scottjeanne said:

My cruise is in less than 30 days and I get this message ☹️

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Unlikely - you are in the same category, so the upgrade choices and costs should be the same.

Even when I have upgraded to JS from Large OV Balcony over a month before sailing, the Royal Up minimums have not changed.....in fact the site never acknowledged the paid upgrade.  I am thinking it is better to do all of your paid upgrades before your first Royal Up bid.

10 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I am thinking it is better to do all of your paid upgrades before your first Royal Up bid.

Your experience might be an outlier. Most of the time, when you change categories, after a few days Royal Up catches up with the new reality and a new set of bid options become available.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Your experience might be an outlier. Most of the time, when you change categories, after a few days Royal Up catches up with the new reality and a new set of bid options become available.

Could be.... it was also shortly after the restart so maybe the system hadn't been updated in a while.

Offer emailed last week, made my bid, we are now 38 days out, just want to hurry up and find out if my bid was accepted.  Seems like the last time, I knew well before the cruise, but with so many saying, "I didn't find out until day of the cruise".  It will be murder waiting so long.  The ship is currently almost sold out completely.  I couldn't upgrade even if I wanted to online.

Got this via e-mail yesterday, 3 days before cruise.

We have reviewed the RoyalUp bids for your upcoming sailing onboard Mariner of the Seas®, and while we have not selected your offer yet, the team onboard the ship may choose it for upgrade based on availability at departure time.

You will be able to modify or cancel your bid(s) up to 2 hours before departure on embarkation date. If you do not receive any communication by departure time, your cabin has not been upgraded.

4 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

We have 3 rooms on our upcoming Sept cruise. We are 35 days out as of today. The suite allowed an upgrade bid from owners to royal, the other 2 rooms got the 30 days message. Does anyone know if suite upgrades are awarded quickly?

Our last UpBid from GS to OS came 5 days before we sailed.

14 hours ago, scottjeanne said:

Mine is 45 or so and I have access to royal up

On 8/19/2022 at 8:56 AM, scottjeanne said:

I got an email, and i'm 60 days out.....

Maybe some will reply to my question???

How long before departure did you get word you were accepted?  For our first I'm pretty sure it was 2 weeks out.

Day of Departure

1 week out

2 weeks out

3 weeks out

Or longer 

Not a long discourse just the amount of time please.  Thanks

Edited by BecciBoo

On 8/19/2022 at 9:56 AM, scottjeanne said:

On 8/19/2022 at 10:15 AM, TechDiva said:

My cruise is in less than 30 days and I get this message ☹️

My sailing is 33 days out and I keep getting this message.  Folks on my M&M thread said they already got their email.   Does anyone know what makes a booking eligible or not eligible to bid for a Royal up?

Erika

4 minutes ago, birdylady said:

My sailing is 33 days out and I keep getting this message.  Folks on my M&M thread said they already got their email.   Does anyone know what makes a booking eligible or not eligible to bid for a Royal up?

Erika

If you booked with a big box agency like the one starting with C and ending with O

1 hour ago, birdylady said:

Erika

I was actually able to get into the Royal Up system.  The weird thing is that even though I am the primary person on the booking, I wasn't able to get in until I used my boyfriend's last name (I only decided to try it on a whim).