Suite benefits - complimentary laundry and professional cleaning services

Traderboy

How does this work?

I'm presuming that you hand it to your cabin steward in the morning and it arrives back the same day ?   Is that right?

Is there a limit to how much laundry can be given in on any one day?

On another question about the free mini bar.   Does this get replenished at all or is it just the initial set-up at the start of the cruise?

More generally, what other benefits should be sure to watch out for ?   I seem to remember reading about better quality bathroom toiletries for example

56 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

How does this work?

I'm presuming that you hand it to your cabin steward in the morning and it arrives back the same day ?   Is that right?

On another question about the free mini bar.   Does this get replenished at all or is it just the initial set-up at the start of the cruise?

More generally, what other benefits should be sure to watch out for ?   I seem to remember reading about better quality bathroom toiletries for example

You give it to your steward or leave it on the bed with a completed inventory tag. Done first thing in the morning, you may get your items that evening. I usually got them the following day.

As for the mini-bar, it is a one-time per cruise. If you are Elite and ind in a suite, you get 2 set ups per cruise segment. Trade alcoholic drinks for the kinds of alcoholic drinks you prefer, 1 for 1.

Trade the same for your  non-alcoholic drinks. You can trade ALL of your mini-bar for 1 bottle of wine or 2 coffee cards.

You also should get 2 bottles of water daily.

56 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

How does this work?

The mini bar is one time unless you are also elite then you get 2 

Free laundry service timing depends on how many elites are on board with free laundry privileges.  Usually 1-2 days

There is a laundry/garment bag with a cleaning service slip attached. You check the items you would like laundered or dry cleaned, along with the number of items such as 4 dress shirts, 2 pants etc..  Same day service is an option. Leave the bag hanging on the closet door handle and the steward will take it from there when your room is serviced. There is no limit. Your items will be returned in a plastic garment bag with a small I D number attached to the inside. 

The bar does get replenished. Be sure to let the steward know if you have a preference.  Penthouse bedding is high thread count Egyptian cotton on a luxury mattress. Toiletries included Lotus spa products, two ply toilet tissue, quality box tissue, soft cotton robes and towels . https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

• Like 1

I’ve sailed in quite a few full suites (pre and post Covid) on Princess and I’ve never had my laundry returned in a plastic garment bag, nor have I had two ply toilet paper or a quality box of tissues provided. 

Ask your steward what time they need your laundry out by in order to get it back that evening. I send laundry every day and have always gotten it back on the same day. Write Full Suite Same Day on the ticket. I take pictures of the clothes sent “just in case”. Have never had any clothes damaged or lost. The number of elites on board doesn’t matter. Suites are prioritized. 

Your mini bar is a ONE time set up. It will definitely not be replenished.  If you have a b2b or sail over multiple legs booked as one cruise then it will be provided for each segment on turn around day. 

Ask your steward for the MDR menus if you prefer a hard copy to reading them on the TV as you can order from MDR for room service. You will have to phone in the order though. If you can’t get thru to room service during peak times call Guest Services and explain the situation.  They will put you through. 

The specialty dining breakfast is not to be missed. 

Just in case you weren’t aware mini suites are not considered full suites. 

The link c-boy provided gives the list of benefits.  Read the fine print if your sailing is less than 6 days as some benefits are not provided on shorter sailings. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

1 hour ago, Traderboy said:

More generally, what other benefits should be sure to watch out for ?   

Don't miss the special breakfast each morning. It's one of the top benefits. Way better than room service. Breakfast prepared to order. Order whatever you want, not just the menu items. If they have the ingredients it will be prepared for you.

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Laundry. No limits. The full suite benefits used to state "same day" or "next day laundry." The wording "same day" or "next day" no longer shows. 

Say it isn't so.  I know they don't have "chemical cleaning" any longer.  It used to be in by 9 AM/returned by 8 PM

4 hours ago, memoak said:

Free laundry service timing depends on how many elites are on board with free laundry privileges.  Usually 1-2 days

Has absolutely nothing to do with the number of elites on board. 
Suites have priority over elites who are not in a suite. 
Same day service provided you get your laundry bag to your room steward early enough in the morning. Ask your steward what time in the morning s/he needs it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Say it isn't so.  I know they don't have "chemical cleaning" any longer.  It used to be in by 9 AM/returned by 8 PM

It was as recently as this past April. They dropped the language “same day” a while ago but it’s stayed same day in practice.  Now I’ve only sailed 3 times in full suite since the restart but that’s been my experience on the Grand and the Ruby. 

6 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

It was as recently as this past April. They dropped the language “same day” a while ago but it’s stayed same day in practice.  Now I’ve only sailed 3 times in full suite since the restart but that’s been my experience on the Grand and the Ruby. 

Last cruise on the Grand in April still had same day service.  No laundry service on turn around day.  

image.thumb.png.10161b048c149398dad895b8bbd853d4.png

Edited by cr8tiv1

7 hours ago, Traderboy said:

How does this work?

I'm presuming that you hand it to your cabin steward in the morning and it arrives back the same day ?   Is that right? We were in a Suite on Discovery in April and it took 3 days to get our laundry back. I was getting ready to complain when it showed up. We got off the ship the next day.

Is there a limit to how much laundry can be given in on any one day? Whatever will fit in the bag. Send something everyday (if it's a long cruise) and just keep rotating. Cuts down on luggage.

On another question about the free mini bar.   Does this get replenished at all or is it just the initial set-up at the start of the cruise? Not replenished.

For suite benefits, go here: https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/suites/

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Last cruise on the Grand in April still had same day service.  No laundry service on turn around day.  

I meant they dropped the same day language from the suite flyer a while back.

I don’t send laundry on the day before disembarkation.  I’m packing anyway 😢

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I don’t send laundry on the day before disembarkation.  I’m packing anyway 😢

I was on a b2b.  I sent laundry out.  When it didn't come back, I asked my steward. No laundry made a lot of sense since the department is busy trying to turn the ship around.   I learn something new every time I cruise.  I do not chance sending out laundry on the last day either.  My cabin mate did that once...and the item was "lost".  It was found before we got off the ship.  That's when I learned that lesson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAN2321 said:

Can you send large items to be dry cleaned such as jackets or suits? 

Only laundry service is available.  Princess no longer does "dry (chemical) cleaning".  Yes, they can do large items.

33 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Only laundry service is available.  Princess no longer does "dry (chemical) cleaning".  Yes, they can do large items.

Yes, true. For many years, probably more than a decade, chemical dry cleaning has been eliminated. They do dry clean (no water) using other methods. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes, true. For many years, probably more than a decade, chemical dry cleaning has been eliminated. They do dry clean (no water) using other methods. 

This is my laundry tag.  Before I sent it out, my steward told me that they didn't do "dry cleaning".  If you look at the tag, it also affirms washing only (on Cleaning side of chit).

I can only go by what I was told.  

image.thumb.png.123113e6bc8e606f8052310bf582fb30.png

• Like 2

On 8/21/2022 at 8:34 AM, skynight said:

Breakfast prepared to order. Order whatever you want, not just the menu items. If they have the ingredients it will be prepared for you.

I keep seeing people say this, but I wonder what kind of breakfast they might be ordering.  To me, the MDR or Club Class breakfast menu has everything I want!!  

To me, it is just a question of attentive personal service, not a better menu.

23 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I keep seeing people say this, but I wonder what kind of breakfast they might be ordering.  To me, the MDR or Club Class breakfast menu has everything I want!!  

To me, it is just a question of attentive personal service, not a better menu.

It is also the quality of food/cooking.  In Sabitinis they are cooking for a dozen people at a time (usually less) so it is cooked to order and more care taken.  In the buffet and MDR everything is cooked in bulk and kept under heat lamps until served. I do agree that the buffet and MDR have a great selection and the food is not bad.  It is just better at the suite breakfast.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

"Cleaning" (right side of laundry ticket) is their current equivalent for dry cleaning. Clothes in that side will not be washed, but will use whatever the current non-wash process is.