?'s about check-in...Arriving 7am at Ft. Lauderdale airport...

dlh015

Obviously they won't be letting anyone in around 9 am which is about the time I figure I'll get to the terminal area. First time for X for me as well as first time to Ft. Lauderdale. (I usually like to arrive the day before but that wasn't in the cards...)

Some questions:

* Is there anywhere nearby that I can just hang around at?  Coffee shop, whatever? Terminal lobby?

* I have a suite so expedited, etc. Will the check-in time on the app be very specific or will they give me a range of times?  And how strict are they about the check-in time...if I should show up early? 

TIA

-Dave

Our last 5 cruises have been from Fort Lauderdale and checkin opened at 11.  The doors to the Suite checkin lobby were opened a few minutes before 11. 
Suite guests can board anytime once check in opens.  

• Thanks 1

It will be 7:30 by the time you get bags if your flight is on time. Uber and Lyft at FLL can take forever. It maybe be well past 8 by the time you are off the airport grounds. Suite guests can board any time. Typically after about 11am.  Get a ride to 17th street area and hangout at any of many coffee shops or restaurants. Several local options and the usual Panera and Starbucks (although that one is tiny).

• Thanks 1

Suites are not held to a specific boarding time however don’t expect the door to open until 11.  

I would recommend taking a cab or an Uber to any large hotel that has a restaurant. Have a lovely breakfast and hang out in the lobby. The renaissance is one that comes to mind but any hotel in the las olas area would work.  You will have restrooms, somewhere to sit while you wait, you can probably tie into their Wi-Fi even. Then head over to the Port at 10:30 or so.

• Thanks 1

I would just stay at the airport and then take a car from there.  You're realistically looking at a couple hours to kill time.  Not worth multiple car trips schlepping luggage, to me.  You can study the terminal maps on their website and come up with a plan.  There isn't much outside the security area, which is where you will be after you pick up your bags.  There are shuttles between terminals, if it comes to that.

airport is the  least appealing to ys.,even with suutcases

17th street has many choices from bagels to hotels with a nice menu.,and close to stores for wine purchases  and last minute items

• Thanks 1

Yes, it appears that I'll be headed to 17th street...I'm very sure I'll be hungry by the time I make it there.

And as I'm traveling solo on this one, I'll be packing light. I mean, how much do I need to bring for a Caribbean cruise 🤪

Someone in another thread mentioned there was a Total Wine in the area so I'll probably hit that up, too...