LIVE FROM THE MUSE

Lois R

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Just being at sea and "getting away" is enough for me!  If I lived in Florida......!  

Hi, I live here but have no desire to sail with 3000 others. Pt Canaveral has the short ones but the cruiseline choices? Carnival, Royal, NCL and Disney.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I live here but have no desire to sail with 3000 others. Pt Canaveral has the short ones but the cruiseline choices? Carnival, Royal, NCL and Disney.

I understand; not my preferred guest count, either.  But, I have found that number really doesn't have a significant impact on my cruise.  Book a veranda where I can retreat, if I desire.  If there is an upscale (ship within a ship type option available),  book it.  In your listing of cruise lines operating from Port Canaveral, you overlooked MSC.  Having sailed on MSC Meraviglia in Yacht Club, it's a different--and, I must say--the most varied cruise experience that I have had.  One has the exclusivity and atmosphere/service of YC and the ability to experience other options available on the ship.  And, when I ventured out of YC and the crew recognized my YC status:  I do believe it made a difference in my experience in those venues.  

Hi, sort of got off topic from my cruise review. 

Tonight is the "Bohemien Rapsody" show, a tribute to Queen. I have seen it before and it is quite good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Prior to your enlightenment, which ships were you sailing?

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I understand; not my preferred guest count, either.  But, I have found that number really doesn't have a significant impact on my cruise.  Book a veranda where I can retreat, if I desire.  If there is an upscale (ship within a ship type option available),  book it.  In your listing of cruise lines operating from Port Canaveral, you overlooked MSC.  Having sailed on MSC Meraviglia in Yacht Club, it's a different--and, I must say--the most varied cruise experience that I have had.  One has the exclusivity and atmosphere/service of YC and the ability to experience other options available on the ship.  And, when I ventured out of YC and the crew recognized my YC status:  I do believe it made a difference in my experience in those venues.  

What is your preferred ship size?  Which SS ships have you sailed?

Just now, Lois R said:
7 hours ago, saminina said:

Prior to your enlightenment, which ships were you sailing?

Hi, I sailed Celebrity for many years. As much as I enjoyed them(and I always had fun) but once I started SS I have never wanted to go back to the "big ships".

• Like 1

Hi Neil, thanks.

On the bus to the airport. Had to be the quickest disembarkation in years😀. Through Immigration, bags loaded and on the road in less than 30 minutes. I was in the first group off the ship.

• Like 2

I have to say, the crew and staff were outstanding again😀. CD AND ASST CD, Rico and Jessie are the best(in my opinion). Wait staff/bar staff always smiling. And next month I will be sailing on The Whisper and that will get me over 100 days😃 Wooohhhoooo Free Laundry!

• Like 6

Congratulations on the upcoming free laundry milestone Lois! It sure makes packing easier.

Sorry to hear that your cruise is ending already but as you mentioned, that is the problem with 7-day cruises. Enjoyed following along with you. Safe travels home!

On 9/1/2022 at 6:44 PM, Lois R said:

I have to say, the crew and staff were outstanding again😀. CD AND ASST CD, Rico and Jessie are the best(in my opinion). Wait staff/bar staff always smiling. And next month I will be sailing on The Whisper and that will get me over 100 days😃 Wooohhhoooo Free Laundry!

Congrats on the free laundry.... It's a very nice perk to reach plus the 5% is good too.  🙂

I agree with you that 7 nights is too short. It's over too quickly. I think 10 or 12 is my preferred number, though I wouldn't turn down 30, 75 or 150 either.  

Were all venues open on your sailing? Mr Silver is on Spirit ATM and it seems Indochine has been closed for some time now. My Muse sailing isn't until April which is a long way off, but would be gutted if it my Fav restaurant has been closed on the Muse too as I think that may signify something.

Safe journey home.... And enjoy the free laundry.

Good morning,  Les and JP, thanks🙂

Les, Atlantide was not open for lunch and I asked several people about it and one of them was the F&B Manager.

I was told this is due to COVID and CDC rules that said they had to keep a venue that was large enough to be used "In case of an outbreak" and so had to keep a large venue closed........I had never heard of anything like that before but I can't imagine why he would have made up something like that. Kaisekt was closed for lunch too. 

51 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Atlantide was not open for lunch and I asked several people about it and one of them was the F&B Manager.   I was told this is due to COVID and CDC rules that said they had to keep a venue that was large enough to be used "In case of an outbreak" and so had to keep a large venue closed........

To learn that Atlantide is closed for lunch is very alarming news to me.  I cannot understand this explanation (especially when Covid-related restrictions seem to be relaxed). I would welcome edification from someone who can puzzle this out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Observer said:

To learn that Atlantide is closed for lunch is very alarming news to me.  I cannot understand this explanation (especially when Covid-related restrictions seem to be relaxed). I would welcome edification from someone who can puzzle this out.

I asked about it more than once and continued to get the same response. If someone else can get another explanation I would love to know it. The CDC is basically what the answer was to my question.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning,  Les and JP, thanks🙂

Les, Atlantide was not open for lunch and I asked several people about it and one of them was the F&B Manager.

I was told this is due to COVID and CDC rules that said they had to keep a venue that was large enough to be used "In case of an outbreak" and so had to keep a large venue closed........I had never heard of anything like that before but I can't imagine why he would have made up something like that. Kaisekt was closed for lunch too. 

I wonder if other cruise lines in Alaska are taking these same Covid “precautions”.  How exactly would the space be used in the event of an outbreak?  As a triage facility?  Puzzling.  

Perhaps more related would be the overall passenger count.  Was the ship at low capacity?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

I wonder if other cruise lines in Alaska are taking these same Covid “precautions”.  How exactly would the space be used in the event of an outbreak?  As a triage facility?  Puzzling.  

Perhaps more related would be the overall passenger count.  Was the ship at low capacity?

I was told there was 520 on board.

• Like 1

This explanation makes no sense. If that is a CDC directive why isn't there a large venue shut on the other SS ships? It makes no sense to have a large venue closed due to Covid CDC guidelines at lunch but then have it open for breakfast and dinner! I believe Kaiseki has also been closed at lunch. I do wish senior crew would be more transparent about the reasons for closures such as these. I am hoping that after the dry dock in Singapore whatever staffing or covid issues are related to these closures are fixed. If they are going to have one of the main dining areas that are advertised as being available at lunch closed then they need to inform their passengers accordingly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ClefsDor said:

This explanation makes no sense. If that is a CDC directive why isn't there a large venue shut on the other SS ships? It makes no sense to have a large venue closed due to Covid CDC guidelines at lunch but then have it open for breakfast and dinner! I believe Kaiseki has also been closed at lunch. I do wish senior crew would be more transparent about the reasons for closures such as these. I am hoping that after the dry dock in Singapore whatever staffing or covid issues are related to these closures are fixed. If they are going to have one of the main dining areas that are advertised as being available at lunch closed then they need to inform their passengers accordingly.

Although I agree that this makes no sense it looks like there are other SS cruises with restaurants closed.

6 hours ago, Observer said:

I cannot understand this explanation

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

The CDC is basically what the answer was to my question.

This explanation does not make sense if the dining facility is open for dinner.  The F&B Manager was pointing one finger at the CDC while 3  others were pointing to him, in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

This explanation does not make sense if the dining facility is open for dinner.  The F&B Manager was pointing one finger at the CDC while 3  others were pointing to him, in my opinion.

He was not the only one who told me it was the CDC but I do agree it does not make a lot of sense.

I did not continue to press him about it........after a couple of tries I realized whatever was the cause was not going to change on my sailing.  I have to say, the buffet  had some really good soups though

(In my opinion)🙂

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I did not continue to press him about it........after a couple of tries I realized whatever was the cause was not going to change on my sailing.

Smart.  Nothing to be done at that time, at that place.  

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I have to say, the buffet  had some really good soups though

My experience after many cruises is that if the soups are well prepared, most, if not all, of what I am served will meet my expectations.