No cranberry?

Geargoesdown

We are leaving on a cruise this Sunday. I have pre purchased two bottles of vodka to be delivered to our room, however, they have no cranberry as a mixer/juice! Cranberry is our favorite mixer! I’ve looked at the rules for bringing drinks onboard and it specifically states it has to be in a carton or can. But I’ve search all over locally for cranberry in cans and can’t find anything. I was curious if anyone had successfully bring any onboard that are in the small (sealed) bottles? I guess the answer is no, but thought I would ask. 

No-one has successfully brought on bottles of anything, AFAIK: the whole point is they don't want something that can easily be tampered with to smuggle booze.  Cans are much harder to tamper with.  Bottles are easy-peasy.

My local Publix sells these, though, maybe they will work for you if you don't mind the carbonation?:

Ocean Spray Sparkling Juice Cocktail, Cranberry

4 - 11.5 fl oz (340 ml) cans

Plus, I see regular cranberry juice available in cans or cartons online - maybe see if you can procure some local to your port of departure, assuming you are flying in?  Or if driving, somewhere along your route?

OP, have you tried looking for cranberry juice in cans at a large gas station convenience store (such as WaWa, Royal Farms, Sheetz, etc.)?  I've often seen it at this type of store.  Also, at a regular grocery store, although they may not have it in cans, check juice boxes (as in the kind children take in school lunches).  Ocean Spray and I think a couple other brands have it in boxes.  Good luck! 

I just had another idea, it's kinda wacky, but what about a can (cardboard canister) of frozen cranberry juice?  If you can't get your cranberry juice in time for your cruise in any other allowed form, I would think this would be allowed.  Admittedly, it will involve a little planning and work.  You would want to have it safely sealed in a Ziplock bag, probably.  And you'd need to take an empty bottle, or pitcher, or tumbler and a mixing spoon to reconstitute it with water in your cabin.  Or maybe just put a small dollop of the concentrate into each glass of vodka, then add a splash of water and ice?  Might be more trouble than it's worth, though.

Hill Country Fare Frozen Cranberry Juice Cocktail - Shop Juice & Smoothies  at H-E-B

• Like 1

They still had cranberry juice on lido during breakfast this past May on the Sunshine.  I always grab some cranberry and some orange juice (or the guava/passion fruit) for the cabin (take 2 tumblers to lido to fill) as mixers.  

NO to bottles, won't work.

Worst case, and I know it will add to the cost, but you can also buy a glass of Cranberry at the bar and just add your liquor to it.  For what you pay for the little 4 pack of Cranberry's to be delivered to your room in advance it probably will work out just about the same cost wise or better to buy by the glass from bar.

To pile on to the "it's available at the bars" contingent, you may wish to purchase Bottomless Bubbles.  You could simply go to any bar and request a glass of cranberry juice.  Have all you want.  Add your own liquor (TBH, I know it's a pain, but put some liquor into a thermal container and carry it with you and add to your juice as you get it.)

4 hours ago, Geargoesdown said:

We are leaving on a cruise this Sunday. I have pre purchased two bottles of vodka to be delivered to our room, however, they have no cranberry as a mixer/juice! Cranberry is our favorite mixer! I’ve looked at the rules for bringing drinks onboard and it specifically states it has to be in a carton or can. But I’ve search all over locally for cranberry in cans and can’t find anything. I was curious if anyone had successfully bring any onboard that are in the small (sealed) bottles? I guess the answer is no, but thought I would ask. 

I see Ocean Spray Cranberry in cans all over Cincinnati Kroger stores.

I’ve checked Walmart and Kroger twice this week to try and find cans and they don’t have any. I did buy some of the sparkling cranberry as a backup! I also looked on Amazon last week for some and it was for a large case for like $50 so I passed. We will be heading to New Orleans in a few days before the cruise so maybe I’ll find some there. If not, I will just pick some up at the bar as suggested. It’s kinda hard to believe Carnival doesn’t have it for pre purchase.    

3 minutes ago, Geargoesdown said:

I’ve checked Walmart and Kroger twice this week to try and find cans and they don’t have any. I did buy some of the sparkling cranberry as a backup! I also looked on Amazon last week for some and it was for a large case for like $50 so I passed. We will be heading to New Orleans in a few days before the cruise so maybe I’ll find some there. If not, I will just pick some up at the bar as suggested. It’s kinda hard to believe Carnival doesn’t have it for pre purchase.    

The little convenience stores all around the French Quarter, including the one right across the street from the port sales all the mixers in cans you can think of. There is also a Wal Mart less than 5 minutes from the port but if you are staying downtown,  there is a grocery store called Rouses that will have what you need and a great wine selection. It's on Baroone St. About 5 minutes from the port by the Superdome. I think here is still a smaller one within the Quarter but the bigger one is better.

2 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

The little convenience stores all around the French Quarter, including the one right across the street from the port sales all the mixers in cans you can think of. There is also a Wal Mart less than 5 minutes from the port but if you are staying downtown,  there is a grocery store called Rouses that will have what you need and a great wine selection. It's on Baroone St. About 5 minutes from the port by the Superdome. I think here is still a smaller one within the Quarter but the bigger one is better.

Thanks! We are staying in the French Quarter and I will try and fine some there.

11 hours ago, Geargoesdown said:

If you can stand it, ocean spray makes sparkling cranberry in cans- it is delicious mixed with vodka ( I know not everyone likes fizzy things), also you could always opt for the bottomless bubbles )soda package) and just get cranberry juice from one of the bars on board

8 hours ago, Prometheus1 said:

If you can stand it, ocean spray makes sparkling cranberry in cans- it is delicious mixed with vodka ( I know not everyone likes fizzy things), also you could always opt for the bottomless bubbles )soda package) and just get cranberry juice from one of the bars on board

I was just going to say this. I know I’ve seen ocean spray in cans at the grocery store! If nothing else you could get juice at breakfast and bring it back and put it in the fridge in the cabin. 

36 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

I was just going to say this. I know I’ve seen ocean spray in cans at the grocery store! If nothing else you could get juice at breakfast and bring it back and put it in the fridge in the cabin. 

Yeah thats what I do.

Fill a bubba keg before they switch over to tea after breakfast. (prefer any juice except apple juice to water or tea)

Not for mixers, just to have a drink later in the day.

Any tumbler in the fridge all day would work.

Just now, bguppies said:

Yeah thats what I do.

Fill a bubba keg before they switch over to tea after breakfast. (prefer any juice except apple juice to water or tea)

Not for mixers, just to have a drink later in the day.

Any tumbler in the fridge all day would work.

We did it with that guava juice mix. It’s delish with vodka!