Pricing for the Beyond is Beyond reason here

Whinenowine

7 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

That has to be sail only rate…it seems my balconies are always around $3000-3500 all in premium drinks, grats, etc…

Yes - we have about $1k obc, so didnt make sense to go with the all included rate.  We went with the sail rate and will use the obc to pay for everything.

Edited by Stealthdog

The prices are high no on the new ships for suites I don’t disagree. For us we only sail suites, we had precise dates we could cruise & celebrity had the itinerary we wanted. There were similar itineraries but not on the dates.

I also wouldn’t Sail on the new ships unless I had either a suite or an actual balcony, not a faux balcony. So that rules out Aqua, concierge already.

I always look elsewhere when booking but celebrity seems to offer what we want for now. We also do private excursions so for me why go with Regent as I’ll be paying on top for excursions. 

Will see what crystal comes up with when relaunched. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wineoclock said:

The prices are high no on the new ships for suites I don’t disagree. For us we only sail suites, we had precise dates we could cruise & celebrity had the itinerary we wanted. There were similar itineraries but not on the dates.

I also wouldn’t Sail on the new ships unless I had either a suite or an actual balcony, not a faux balcony. So that rules out Aqua, concierge already.

I always look elsewhere when booking but celebrity seems to offer what we want for now. We also do private excursions so for me why go with Regent as I’ll be paying on top for excursions. 

Will see what crystal comes up with when relaunched. 

yep, totally understand. Have you tried Oceania? Penthouse is between a SS and CS in size and you can book things a la carte. 

• Like 1

I booked two cruise on Beyond in March 2022, both SV cabins, one 7 days in 2023 premium drink and internet $600 OBC for $3800 all in 2 guests.  Also a 10 day in 2024 premium drink and internet $800 OBC $5100 all in 2 guests.  I feel like I got a "good" deal. 

Not quite the $2500 all in 2 guests, premium drinks & internet $600 OBC I got back in March 2020 that was lift and shifted to March 2022 on Apex.  Don't think I'll see a deal like that anytime soon on E-class ships...

My EV on the Beyond for November works out to $1,234 pp/pd. I booked it in November 2021 at the 50% off second guest rate. Prices are way up since then. It was the last EV available and none have come available in the mean time. I'm very comfortable on Celebrity. T-shirt and jeans cruising. The higher cost of an upper level suite gets us a dining table and we take all meals in the room. 

We booked a sky suite on the April '23  14 night Beyond transatlantic as soon as it came out and were shocked that it was $12,273 for a S1 sky suite for 2 passengers.   Now, S2 sky suites on the same cruise are selling for $19,000 for 2 people.

What I thought was a ridiculously high price when I booked is now a "bargain"......

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RichYak said:

Celebrity seems to have forgotten that they're still a mass market cruise line. Keep pricing like this and they will quickly lose customers to Oceania et al. I love Celebrity, but the product is not worth $1500 pp/pd.

I would rather pay $1000 a day for Regent and get all the inclusions they offer. Suite pricing has gotten quite expensive lately and I often wonder why people will pay that amount for Celebrity versus sailing on a true Luxury line for the same price or less.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I would rather pay $1000 a day for Regent and get all the inclusions they offer. Suite pricing has gotten quite expensive lately and I often wonder why people will pay that amount for Celebrity versus sailing on a true Luxury line for the same price or less.

I am guessing because people who are not on CC don't know enough to compare with luxury lines.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I agree 100%. The Retreat areas are nice, but they're not THAT nice.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I often wonder why people will pay that amount for Celebrity versus sailing on a true Luxury line for the same price or less.

We have tried the smaller luxury lines and there just not for us. The food was good, the ships were lovely but we didn't enjoy the experience.   The fewer passengers, fewer venues, and sedate atmosphere isn't our happy place. 

For us the sweet spot is in the 2000-300 passengers, few children, with a reasonable choice of activities, entertainment and restaurants and bars.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I agree 100%. The Retreat areas are nice, but they're not THAT nice.

I won't sail on Regent because I don't drink alcohol and their pricing reflects high priced wines and cocktails.  Not a good value for me.  I am glad that Celebrity is going back to more cruise only pricing since I don't need to pay an extra $70 built into the fare when all I drink are club sodas and lattes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

I won't sail on Regent because I don't drink alcohol and their pricing reflects high priced wines and cocktails.  Not a good value for me.  I am glad that Celebrity is going back to more cruise only pricing since I don't need to pay an extra $70 built into the fare when all I drink are club sodas and lattes.

We're discussing Retreat prices and how they compare to luxury lines, not just Regent. At present, Retreat doesn't have sail only rates, so that's not really applicable here.

Sky Suite on Celebrity Beyond repositioning 9 night Cruise from Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda, Aruba and Curacao, disembarking in Fort Lauderdale.  

Unless you consider Halloween a big holiday week, I don't think this is a peak travel period. 

Thankfully they're offering the Labor Day discount. Otherwise the cost would be $29,974 for 2 people in a Sky Suite. $18,329.70  You can deduct $600 from the total in OBC. 

The price came down from yesterday. 

What a bargain.  PS.  Don't forget an additional mandatory $40 per person for Travel Authorization to Bermuda, not included in the total. 

image.png.c117b17bbed19ce85402c4bf57102a63.png

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

Sky Suite on Celebrity Beyond repositioning 9 night Cruise from Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda, Aruba and Curacao, disembarking in Fort Lauderdale.  

Unless you consider Halloween a big holiday week, I don't think this is a peak travel period. 

Thankfully they're offering the Labor Day discount. Otherwise the cost would be $29,974 for 2 people in a Sky Suite. $18,329.70  You can deduct $600 from the total in OBC. 

The price came down from yesterday. 

What a bargain.  PS.  Don't forget an additional mandatory $40 per person for Travel Authorization to Bermuda, not included in the total. 

image.png.c117b17bbed19ce85402c4bf57102a63.png

The pricing was considerably lower last summer.     You are looking at pricing on a sailing only 54 days away and suites have been sold out for some time.  So a couple of late cancellations and Celebrity is asking a premium.   This sailing is will be the first arrival of the Beyond to Florida so may be some extras (events, gifts) is why it has been so popular.

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The pricing was considerably lower last summer.     You are looking at pricing on a sailing only 54 days away and suites have been sold out for some time.  So a couple of late cancellations and Celebrity is asking a premium.   This sailing is will be the first arrival of the Beyond to Florida so may be some extras (events, gifts) is why it has been so popular.

At the time of this writing, there are 14 Sky Suites available on that sailing, so a reasonable supply for what you describe as a popular cruise that is only 54 days away. 

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I realize they are trying to yield the most revenue possible by selling suites at a high rate with 54 days to go, however.......

$19,000 seems a LOT to me for a sky suite Caribbean cruise.. That doesn't seem ridiculously high to you?  

8 minutes ago, RichYak said:

At the time of this writing, there are 14 Sky Suites available on that sailing, so a reasonable supply for what you describe as a popular cruise that is only 54 days away. 

That is less than 9% of the 162 Sky Suites.  So looking at it another way over 91% booked with 54 days to go.

Just now, mfs2k said:

I realize they are trying to yield the most revenue possible by selling suites at a high rate with 54 days to go, however.......

$19,000 seems a LOT to me for a sky suite Caribbean cruise.. That doesn't seem ridiculously high to you?  

It's ridiculously high to everyone on this board. But if there are 14 people (assuming Rich is correct and there are 14 Sky Suites available) willing to pay that, whether we believe it's ridiculously high doesn't really matter, does it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We have tried the smaller luxury lines and there just not for us. The food was good, the ships were lovely but we didn't enjoy the experience.   The fewer passengers, fewer venues, and sedate atmosphere isn't our happy place. 

For us the sweet spot is in the 2000-300 passengers, few children, with a reasonable choice of activities, entertainment and restaurants and bars.  

You sound a lot like me..I’m pretty sure I would be bored to tears  on a “luxury” cruise ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mfs2k said:

It is high IMO and I wouldn’t pay it, anymore than I would pay almost $36K for a Iconic Suite for a 7D  Caribbean sailing but people do

IME unless bookings arereally weak after final payment prices go up not down.  

• Like 1