Disappointed with princess

cruisejunkie

5 hours ago, rheathslc said:

We've gotten them on all three cruises since the restart on Majestic (Oct), Ruby (Nov), and Crown (May). 

We didn't see blue bags on the Ruby in July.  But then, we've always taken them home and have never used them during a cruise.  It is a screaming ad for "Hey, tourist here, ready to be fleeced."  In the same light, I never use a real camera bag for my camera equipment, and a bag with a manufacturer's logo (like Nikon) would never leave the house since it just conveys the message of "Steal me!".

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

We didn't see blue bags on the Ruby in July.  But then, we've always taken them home and have never used them during a cruise.  It is a screaming ad for "Hey, tourist here, ready to be fleeced."  In the same light, I never use a real camera bag for my camera equipment, and a bag with a manufacturer's logo (like Nikon) would never leave the house since it just conveys the message of "Steal me!".

We sometimes use the blue tote as a laundry bag in the cabin. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Either for the laundry room or to tote towels on a beach trip in the Caribbean.  No way we are going to head out in a city or on an excursion with one. 

Not big enough for laundry.  If I have to pay 6 bucks for laundry, I'm gonna get my money's worth. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Either for the laundry room or to tote towels on a beach trip in the Caribbean.  No way we are going to head out in a city or on an excursion with one. 

If you turn it inside out, it is not nearly as offensive.

My local supermarket often sella comparable bag at 2 / $1.00

The bags from the supermarket have square corners, and a paperboard bottom ... so they are easier to fill.

I do like the wine bags, as they are a unique size, and very handy for wine.

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We also got blue bags them in April. They're not the greatest but can serve in a pinch.

I use them to carry my water bottle, the Patter, and my tablet around the ship.  They also come in handy to mark my territory if I get up from a table in the Horizon Court to get a refill on something.  I never use the Melanoma Deck so I can't speak to them being useful when setting up a chair hog nest for the day.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I use them to carry my water bottle, the Patter, and my tablet around the ship.  They also come in handy to mark my territory if I get up from a table in the Horizon Court to get a refill on something.  I never use the Melanoma Deck so I can't speak to them being useful when setting up a chair hog nest for the day.

While I don't carry around their blue bag I always have my jacket and eyeglass case to hold my table at the buffet while I get my food. 

In all the years we've only had someone sit at the table while we were gone. 

• Like 2

On 9/1/2022 at 7:03 PM, suzyed said:

Actually no.  We were on Sky over NYE and just recently the dreaded Crown. 

Hi, We were on the "dreaded Crown" for the Aug 6 sailing to Alaska. Worst vacation experience ever. Worst cruise ever, and we have taken 28 other cruise vacations.

Princess told us there were no changes to OUR cruise itinerary for our sail date. In fact, they continued to sell that original itinerary up until July 23rd when they finally decided to notify us of the itinerary changes.

We arrived later to Juneau, completely missed Ketchikan, didn't get to see Margerie Glacier because the captain turned back after consulting the Park Rangers and deeming it unsafe due to fog (not Princess's fault) but the sailing prior to ours received a letter in their stateroom notifying them that they would receive 20% FCC + $400pp refundable OBC for missing Glacier Bay! We received nothing!

Even though they sold us an itinerary they KNEW they could not deliver. I am so disappointed in Princess. I wrote letter to John Pagette, Mario Siebaldi and Collin Steinke Aug 22, 2022 but have not heard back from anyone. I feel they need to issue FCC to everyone on the Crown Princess for this Alaska cruise season. They knew of the problem and that they would not be fixing it until drydock in October, yet continued to deceive us. They also informed us of the $$$ in cancelation fees if we were to cancel or switch to the Discovery! This was a bait and switch in my opinion. 

I am wondering if you have received FCC from Princess for your sailing? I know many said they received a letter informing them they have FCC towards another cruise. We have not received anything. Not even a survey...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, llarsen said:

Hi, We were on the "dreaded Crown" for the Aug 6 sailing to Alaska. Worst vacation experience ever. Worst cruise ever, and we have taken 28 other cruise vacations.

Princess told us there were no changes to OUR cruise itinerary for our sail date. In fact, they continued to sell that original itinerary up until July 23rd when they finally decided to notify us of the itinerary changes.

We arrived later to Juneau, completely missed Ketchikan, didn't get to see Margerie Glacier because the captain turned back after consulting the Park Rangers and deeming it unsafe due to fog (not Princess's fault) but the sailing prior to ours received a letter in their stateroom notifying them that they would receive 20% FCC + $400pp refundable OBC for missing Glacier Bay! We received nothing!

Even though they sold us an itinerary they KNEW they could not deliver. I am so disappointed in Princess. I wrote letter to John Pagette, Mario Siebaldi and Collin Steinke Aug 22, 2022 but have not heard back from anyone. I feel they need to issue FCC to everyone on the Crown Princess for this Alaska cruise season. They knew of the problem and that they would not be fixing it until drydock in October, yet continued to deceive us. They also informed us of the $$$ in cancelation fees if we were to cancel or switch to the Discovery! This was a bait and switch in my opinion. 

I am wondering if you have received FCC from Princess for your sailing? I know many said they received a letter informing them they have FCC towards another cruise. We have not received anything. Not even  a survey...

Write to them again.  Direct you letter to Julie.   After many many letters I finally got some FCC...not a lot or as much as some others got, however. 
This was actually our 5th time on the Crown as we loved all our previous sailings...this one, not so much.  Our sailing sounds much like your but we did make it to Glacier Bay but it was just ok, not what we were expecting. We were with family in 4 cabins so we just made the best of the missed port and the late arrival to others. I was disappointed that my family's first experience in Alaska was not up to snuff. But we still had a great time.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 2

I agree with everything that Llarsen said in Post # 110.  We were on the August 13 Crown cruise and experienced the same problems he faced, although we did get into Glacier Bay.  This was our 22nd cruise and we brought our children and grandchildren to celebrate our 50th anniversary.  Princess deceived us and was less than transparent about their problems.  We knew there were propulsion issues but had no idea how bad the vibration problem was (we had three suites aft) and had to move to other cabins after one night.

We were not given any FCC but we did receive a survey in which we blasted Princess.  It is a shame to see Princess go so far down hill from the brand it used to be.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Write to them again.  Direct you letter to Julie.   After many many letters I finally got some FCC...not a lot or as much as some others got, however. 
This was actually our 5th time on the Crown as we loved all our previous sailings...this one, not so much.  Our sailing sounds much like your but we did make it to Glacier Bay but it was just ok, not what we were expecting. We were with family in 4 cabins so we just made the best of the missed port and the late arrival to others. I was disappointed that my family's first experience in Alaska was not up to snuff. But we still had a great time.

Hi, thanks for your reply. 

How do I address the letter to "Julie" do you know her last name or which department?

I would be happy with any form of FCC. This was our first Alaska cruise and we were originally booked on the Discovery with my husbands 2 brothers and sister in laws. I suggested we rebook on the Crown due to the better itinerary with Glacier Bay and Ketchikan, and we did. My brother in law has terminal cancer and he was so excited for this trip. We were past our final payment when the Crown started it's Alaska season and I started reading on these boards about the problems. I feel really bad that we switched ships and basically missed everything he hoped to see with us. We were past our final payment when the Crown started it's Alaska season and I started reading on these boards about the problems. Our cabins were also at the back of the ship and the vibration was terrible! 

I am hoping to get us a FCC and do another cruise with my brother in law, very soon. 

I sure wouldn't trust paying full price on another Princess cruise. My friend just had the rug pulled out from under her on her first vacation since pre Covid on a Princess cruise to Mexico. There are Elite with Princess and after what happened with us and now herself, they will now be sailing on Celebrity.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me which department to direct my letter to Julie. Thanks again!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, VAWCB said:

I agree with everything that Llarsen said in Post # 110.  We were on the August 13 Crown cruise and experienced the same problems he faced, although we did get into Glacier Bay.  This was our 22nd cruise and we brought our children and grandchildren to celebrate our 50th anniversary.  Princess deceived us and was less than transparent about their problems.  We knew there were propulsion issues but had no idea how bad the vibration problem was (we had three suites aft) and had to move to other cabins after one night.

We were not given any FCC but we did receive a survey in which we blasted Princess.  It is a shame to see Princess go so far down hill from the brand it used to be.

I will be writing to Princess again. I will let you know if we receive FCC. They really need to do the right thing and issue it to everyone on the Crown for the Alaska season, not just give it to some and not others. 

We were also in Aft cabins C722-C726, the vibration was terrible!

I will let you know if I hear back from Princess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VAWCB said:

We knew there were propulsion issues but had no idea how bad the vibration problem was (we had three suites aft) and had to move to other cabins after one night.

Actually you should feel lucky that they had an available cabin to move you into. 

We were on the Crown a long time ago with the same problem & no relief. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VAWCB said:

We had 3 aft cabins too....the vibration was really bad!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, llarsen said:

I will be writing to Princess again. I will let you know if we receive FCC. They really need to do the right thing and issue it to everyone on the Crown for the Alaska season, not just give it to some and not others. 

We were also in Aft cabins C722-C726, the vibration was terrible!

I will let you know if I hear back from Princess.

We had the the those cabins.

• Like 1

As I understand it, the August 13 trip was about 2/3 full.  We moved from C-751 to R-412, my daughter and family moved from D-736 to a family suite (D-105) and my son and family were offered a move from D-737 to two mini suites.  Miss P22 is right that we were fortunate that alternatives were available - it dramatically improved the cruise although the other issues were problematic.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, suzyed said:

We had 3 aft cabins too....the vibration was really bad!

We've eaten at the buffet on ships that had an imbalanced propeller and it's really bad when a glass of water almost vibrates off the table.

You need one hand to hold onto the glass while eating with a fork in the other hand.  image.png.a8c12cb685db53fac2fb4dd07d30349c.png

• Like 2

19 hours ago, suzyed said:

We had the the those cabins.

They couldn't get the door to unlock on my brother in laws cabin (C726). The crew and management spent 3 hours trying to get it to unlock. It would unlock with the crew keycards but not with the medallion. So they told them to go to guest services and they would issue them key cards for their door. They waited in line over an hour and the key cards didn't work! They moved them to C730 and they were told it was the only cabin available besides inside cabins. Our shower water in C722 would intermittently get scolding hot and you couldn't get it any cooler than really hot. But none of that ruined our cruise....it was the itinerary changes. We booked the Crown for the ITINERARY. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We've eaten at the buffet on ships that had an imbalanced propeller and it's really bad when a glass of water almost vibrates off the table.

You need one hand to hold onto the glass while eating with a fork in the other hand.  image.png.a8c12cb685db53fac2fb4dd07d30349c.png

😂

• Like 1

We haven't been on Princess since 2020, so we can't really respond. We switch back & forth with Oceania. We did notice some differences there, but they were minor: Fewer choices with the tea service(Now this is much more high-end than most lines)Since there were less pax(about half in January) staff was also reduced accordingly. I just think it will take over a year to really get things back to normal(if there is such a thing)We'll be doing the Circle the Caribbean in early March on the Emerald. We'll see how it pans out. Any cruise is still better than being stuck in the snow & cold up here in N/E. We booked a 14 night trip in 2024 on the Sky. We grabbed a rear corner PH on that ship. The price at $4800pp(with the full perks was hard to pass up) If you check for 14 day trips at that time on the Sky..well they are all gone now!

• Like 1

We'll be on the Crown in March/April for the 28 day South Pacific cruise and have aft suite E733.  This is a big splurge for us for our 50th anniversary and I'm so concerned now that the vibration problem will not be resolved.  I read that there is a drydock scheduled for this October so hopefully all will be fixed; fingers crossed!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, marden1970 said:

We'll be on the Crown in March/April for the 28 day South Pacific cruise and have aft suite E733.  This is a big splurge for us for our 50th anniversary and I'm so concerned now that the vibration problem will not be resolved.  I read that there is a drydock scheduled for this October so hopefully all will be fixed; fingers crossed!

I wouldn’t give up on the aft this soon. We had an aft on the Crown a few years ago and loved it. Wait and see if reports continue as your sailing approaches. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1