Considering Oceania Rivera for 10-Day Mediterranean Cruise in November 2023-Help Me Decide!

Sthrngary

12 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@mauibabesThank you for the great comments.  I have had butlers before.  Several on the NCL Haven Voyages.  One on a Celebrity cruise.  However, the butler I had on the crystal cruise was the best I have ever had.  He did make the voyage for us.  He listen to us and the next thing you knew was he was doing something special. The NCL and Celebrity Butlers were nice but not even close.  

Something tells me the Butlers on Oceania will be awesome as you suggested. I feel so fortune to have caught the Oceania upgrade promotion.  The only down side is it is over a year away.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

The upside is that you'll have a year to hang around here and learn the ins and outs of Oceania. There are quite a few regulars here you can learn a lot from. I'll join Mauibabes in recommending the Premium Economy. For what they usually charge it's well worth it. I've flown to Europe in PE & Coach and for the 3 or 4 hundred extra it's money well spent. 

Did you book this through a TA?  I haven't seen you mention it one way or the other. If you haven't you have 30 days to transfer. You might find one that will comp you the grats or maybe even more. That would probably be more than enough to cover the PE cost. 

14 minutes ago, ORV said:

Did you book this through a TA?  I haven't seen you mention it one way or the other. If you haven't you have 30 days to transfer. You might find one that will comp you the grats or maybe even more. That would probably be more than enough to cover the PE cost. 

@ORV What I did was find out all the option from the upgrade promotion. Priced it out to support my friends budget. Then called my Cruise Travel Agent to do the booking.  My additional perks come from AMX.  The upgrade for my friends to PC is $1,200.00 per couple.  They can make that decision.  

My wife and I are going to use my Airline Points for Delta One Business Class. I am a 5 mil on Delta.  

On learning the ins and out of Oceania, watch out what you ask for. I tend to ask so many question folks want me to book another brand.  Thank you for your offer, you know I will take you up on it.

5 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

The upgrade for my friends to PC is $1,200.00 per couple.  They can make that decision.  
It is  $300 PP   it would be worth it just for the outbound flight   the return will be daytime so they may be fine  not sleeping on the way back

maybe watch if the price drops for PE   before final payment  it is usually less  than that

My wife and I are going to use my Airline Points for Delta One Business Class. I am a 5 mil on Delta.  

So you are not flying over with them??

25 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

So you are not flying over with them??

I don’t know if we will be on the same flight or not. NCL might not put them on the Delta flight that I’m going on.I don’t know if we will be on the same flight or not. NCL might not put them on the Delta flight that I’m going on.

We might be neighbors and ROLL TIDE. Even if you bleed orange and blue I still want to put my two cents in.

You mentioned their budgetary concerns. There is no class system on O like you have experienced in The Haven or The Retreat on X. If they would like to procure a more modest cabin they would, for the most part, be able to experience everything you do.

The shows are at 9:30 so your evenings would be full.

On sea days there will be plenty to do. Not to worry.

I think your friends would be more comfortable flying with you. They can easily book the same flights you do without the hassle of O air. Even your travel agent can help them if they need a hand to hold. If you are on a 767 they might be just as comfortable in Economy Comfort as Premium Select.

You don't need to use O hotels either. Once again a good travel agent can help. A quick look through Trip Advisor or any on line booking agent can also give you guidance. Let your spreadsheet finesse work for you. 

The same goes for airport to hotel and hotel to ship transfers.

Many have mentioned cuisine. Think in terms of Highlands, Gianmarco, or Automatic Seafood with more modest menus. 

We will all try to help.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 3:19 PM, Sthrngary said:

UPDATE: Thank you every one for your feedback and excellent advice.  Because of you great folks, as I outlined earlier, I booked two (2) Penthouse Suite Guarantee's on the Oceania Rivera for November 9, 2023. Oceania had the "Category Upgrades" available as a Labor Day Perk for this cruise.  The other couple that I have the second suite for does not know I booked it.  It will be my friends wife's 70th Birthday.  He promised her a Greek Cruise but refused to book it until next year.  

I knew exactly what the issue was.  He could not afford the Deposit until next year.  Also, these folks do not understand the concept of planning ahead.  So I booked both the rooms, and paid for the deposits with my American Express.  This gives both suites the AMX Perks.  The best perk of all was to get a Penthouse at literally almost $4,000.00 less then just 20 days prior.  

I prebooked the pre-hotel in Athens so we all would get their at least a day early.  My friends will take the Coach Airfare that comes with the cruise booking.  I recommended they did not pay for the premium coach because that extra money could go for some excursions.  They are on a tight budget.  My wife and I have saved airline points for years to go on this trip in Delta One Business Class.  I will have to wait a few months to book that due to Delta's booking limitations. 

Like many people when they go on a new cruise brand, I have watched all the video's, read what I could here on CruiseCritic.com.  I can see from many of your comments that this cruise will be very special.  Thanks again.

You are a great friend to have!!!  Have a wonderful cruise.

Mura

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 9:32 PM, Mura said:

You are a great friend to have!!!  Have a wonderful cruise.

Mura

@Mura Well thank you.  I wish what I did was about being a great friend.  In reality, it was about being selfish.  I REALLY wanted to go on a 10-day Cruise to the Mediterranean. I am 65 and my wife is 62.  My love of my life has some knee and hip issues so a cruise is the best choice for such a trip.  Even though, she tells me all the time, "NO MORE CRUISES".  See, I am just a selfish old man.  

On to my choice with Oceania.  It helped me choose because it is a member of the NCL family.  It also helped that a few years ago, I did all my due diligence on Oceania.  This time around it was a much easier selection.  I had mentioned in an earlier posting that I did a "Luxury Cruise Test Drive".  It was on Crystal prior to its financial issues.  I spent a year on the Crystal Board on cruisecritic asking lots of questions.  I realize now, I was a complete pain to those fine folks.  Yet they were so nice to me.  Some who commented during that year are avid Oceania Loyal Guest.  They are most helpful on this board. 

On Oceania, I asked just a few questions and with my past experience, it all made sense.  I was recently asked what would make a cruise the best it can be?  I had one answer.  "Go with good friends and enjoy the experience together."  Since my lovely bride is somewhat of an introvert and I am an extrovert, having our friends with us will make a huge difference in her enjoyment.  That makes my trip even better.  For my friends, they have not gone on a lot of cruises so my experience will help them enjoy the experience better.  Watching non-cruisers enjoy the experience, makes my trip.

Some of the YouTube video's I have watched focused on the food and dining.  I also focused on the classes for food preparation on the ship.  This is not everyone's focus but it is mine.  My hope is the world will be a more stable and better place in a year then it is right now.  The ships will fill back up, more people will be traveling and enjoying their lives.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

@Mura Well thank you.  I wish what I did was about being a great friend.  In reality, it was about being selfish.  I REALLY wanted to go on a 10-day Cruise to the Mediterranean. I am 65 and my wife is 62.  My love of my life has some knee and hip issues so a cruise is the best choice for such a trip.  Even though, she tells me all the time, "NO MORE CRUISES".  See, I am just a selfish old man.  

On to my choice with Oceania.  It helped me choose because it is a member of the NCL family.  It also helped that a few years ago, I did all my due diligence on Oceania.  This time around it was a much easier selection.  I had mentioned in an earlier posting that I did a "Luxury Cruise Test Drive".  It was on Crystal prior to its financial issues.  I spent a year on the Crystal Board on cruisecritic asking lots of questions.  I realize now, I was a complete pain to those fine folks.  Yet they were so nice to me.  Some who commented during that year are avid Oceania Loyal Guest.  They are most helpful on this board. 

On Oceania, I asked just a few questions and with my past experience, it all made sense.  I was recently asked what would make a cruise the best it can be?  I had one answer.  "Go with good friends and enjoy the experience together."  Since my lovely bride is somewhat of an introvert and I am an extrovert, having our friends with us will make a huge difference in her enjoyment.  That makes my trip even better.  For my friends, they have not gone on a lot of cruises so my experience will help them enjoy the experience better.  Watching non-cruisers enjoy the experience, makes my trip.

Some of the YouTube video's I have watched focused on the food and dining.  I also focused on the classes for food preparation on the ship.  This is not everyone's focus but it is mine.  My hope is the world will be a more stable and better place in a year then it is right now.  The ships will fill back up, more people will be traveling and enjoying their lives.  

For me, you are researching for what YOU want to see and do.  And that is commendable!  Whatever cruise you end up on, I'm sure you will find friendly compatriots.  And your wife will too.

I'm another introvert so I do sympathize ...

Mura

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 8:12 AM, Sthrngary said:

With Crystal Cruises, it was my very first time on a Luxury Type Cruise and I was really interested on the perception of the differences from the guests.  I remember we communicated on posts back then.  Thanks for remembering. 

I followed your Crystal posts with great interest as I had my first Crystal experience last July. I so appreciated your open and positive attitude. I loved Crystal and was devastated when they went under (although I was ok financially). I too will have my first Oceania experience in a few weeks and am looking forward to it. Maybe we will find a new cruise line to call home.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TakingFlight said:

I followed your Crystal posts with great interest as I had my first Crystal experience last July. I so appreciated your open and positive attitude. I loved Crystal and was devastated when they went under (although I was ok financially).

Crystal is re born  maybe they will be even better  with the new owners 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

I followed your Crystal posts with great interest as I had my first Crystal experience last July. I so appreciated your open and positive attitude. I loved Crystal and was devastated when they went under (although I was ok financially). I too will have my first Oceania experience in a few weeks and am looking forward to it. Maybe we will find a new cruise line to call home.

Thank you for the kind words.  I also hope Crystal will become even a better brand then before.  That Cruise gave me a better perspective of what to expect when cruising outside of the mainstream brands.  It was different, in a somewhat strange time.  I could see what others were talking about yet thought there could be a center ground between Mainstream and Luxury.  I am hoping as I am sure you are, that we find that in Oceania. 

Question for the Oceania Frequent Cruisers:

I know that NCL has an program where you can upgrade your cabin with a bidding system.  Crystal Cruises offered an upgrade for a specific amount based on the cabin you did book.  What is the procedure if any for Oceania.  

Thank you for your support and responses.

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Question for the Oceania Frequent Cruisers:

I know that NCL has an program where you can upgrade your cabin with a bidding system.  Crystal Cruises offered an upgrade for a specific amount based on the cabin you did book.  What is the procedure if any for Oceania.  

Thank you for your support and responses.

In the past  pre covid

You can let your TA know you are interested  in an upsell  & if any cabins come up before sailing  O will send out offers

you can try to negotiate the price  depending on the upsell

Usually the Top suites are waitlisted  so if you want one  put your name on the waitlist  ..you will pay the going rate at the time should you clear the waitlist

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 9:28 PM, LHT28 said:

In the past  pre covid

You can let your TA know you are interested  in an upsell  & if any cabins come up before sailing  O will send out offers

you can try to negotiate the price  depending on the upsell

Usually the Top suites are waitlisted  so if you want one  put your name on the waitlist  ..you will pay the going rate at the time should you clear the waitlist

Mostly +1. I will say I have been fortunately offered several upgrades but there were never any negotiations. You get an offer, take it or leave it. If you don’t respond quickly, they move on to other guests .

If you have a TA, the offers come via them, not directly from Oceania. Therefore, if your TA is otherwise indisposed, the offer may be filled by others before you can notified or even respond.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to personally thank everyone on this Oceania CruiseCritic.com blog.  You all openly answered all of my questions many of which were frequent questions from other guest. In the past, I learned when trying new brands or cruise categories, the best place to learn about the cruise was from the most loyal guests.  That is obviously true at Oceania.  

I want to summarize some of the valuable information I learned and how I leveraged it. Before I begin, I want to clearly state, I booked two Penthouse Suites on the Riviera for November 2023.  One for my wife and I; the other for our best friends. This is important to state because many times folks ask question and never follow through with the bookings.  So again, thank you.

Here are some things I have learned:

Choosing One of Three Perks:  I choose the drink package and will upgrade to the Premium Drink Package when I get onboard.  You folks did the math with me and that is the best value for our approach to cruising.  My friends will take the OBC and since one of them does not drink, the other can simply purchase the Premium Drink Package with that credit.  Two different needs, both satisfied.

Four Category Upgrade: This upcoming cruise will be a "Bucket List" cruise.  For our friends it will be a 70th birthday for a person that has worked every year since she was 16 years old.  This will be their first cruise in several decades.  They have never had a butler before so this will be a lovely experience for them as well as my family.  This special program only happens once a year.  I took it upon myself to book the rooms now so I can surprise them next year.  I am very proactive and they tend to wait until the last second.  

Pre-Hotel: Mixed messages on this one but I realize I am paying a premium for the pre-hotel in Athens.  I check the prices and found out the hotel is a Marriott property.  The rate was very close to what Oceania was charging so we went with it.  I am a lifetime top tiers with Marriott so our rooms will be upgraded open arrival based on availability.  Also, after some research this hotel provide complementary breakfast which was a plus.  I especially line the transfers from the Hotel to the ship.

Airfare: I never ever use cruise brand airfare.  I am lucky enough to have save enough air points to gain Business Class Airfare on Delta One.  This will allows me to reduce my fare by $1,000.00 per person.  This was the last gift of decades of traveling.  Our friends will use the Coach Airfare provided in the Oceania fare.  They are considering the Premium Upgrade which will be a budget issue for them.

“Aquamar™ Spa Terrace": This area is my kind of place.  The category below the Penthouse and above has complementary access.  This kind of reminds me for those of you that know NCL like a small Vibe Beach Club.  Also, it is very positive to me that the spa itself for all passengers have access to the Steam and Sauna which is a cost on other lines. 

Enrichment Programs:  I really never knew much about Enrichment Programs until I cruised on another luxury brand.  I loved the speakers.  On this cruise, I will be taking full advantage of the cooking education.  I have already booked a couple.  At this stage in my life, Go-Carts, Lasor Tag and Water Slide are not a necessity.  Expending my mind is much more a priority.

Excursions:  I have never been a fan of excursions on cruise ships.  After talking with many of you, I am looking forward to those experience.  Where some complain that this is additional, I look at it as choose what suits you best.  If I were to consider on of the Ultra-Luxury Brands, all excursions were included however many passengers rarely did an excursion at every port.  Also, the fares for Ultra-Luxury were in many cases three times the fare of Oceania.  I like having choices to spend our funds where we want with much less waste.  

Food and Dining:  This will be one of the things all of us will enjoy the most.  One added advantage is specialty restaurants all included.  I fully understand the rules and policies which are all fair to all guests.  With friends cruising with us, we can take our time dining enjoying the entire event.  Where before we would have to rush to a show, on Oceania, the shows are less a important and the dining experience is a premium.

Sometimes folks whom never cruise your brand come to your blog.  I wanted my visit to your blog to be limited and positive for all involved.  Again, thank you all for your advice most of which has been taken.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

If your friends  want  the Premium Seats   book it now  (if still available)

limited number of  PE seats are available so when their allotment is gone your  out of luck

JMO

@LHT28Thank you and your opinion is important especially on this subject.  Thanks again.

Edited by Sthrngary

14 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I would like to personally thank everyone on this Oceania CruiseCritic.com blog.  You all openly answered all of my questions many of which were frequent questions from other guest. In the past, I learned when trying new brands or cruise categories, the best place to learn about the cruise was from the most loyal guests.  That is obviously true at Oceania.  

I want to summarize some of the valuable information I learned and how I leveraged it. Before I begin, I want to clearly state, I booked two Penthouse Suites on the Riviera for November 2023.  One for my wife and I; the other for our best friends. This is important to state because many times folks ask question and never follow through with the bookings.  So again, thank you.

Here are some things I have learned:

Choosing One of Three Perks:  I choose the drink package and will upgrade to the Premium Drink Package when I get onboard.  You folks did the math with me and that is the best value for our approach to cruising.  My friends will take the OBC and since one of them does not drink, the other can simply purchase the Premium Drink Package with that credit.  Two different needs, both satisfied.

Four Category Upgrade: This upcoming cruise will be a "Bucket List" cruise.  For our friends it will be a 70th birthday for a person that has worked every year since she was 16 years old.  This will be their first cruise in several decades.  They have never had a butler before so this will be a lovely experience for them as well as my family.  This special program only happens once a year.  I took it upon myself to book the rooms now so I can surprise them next year.  I am very proactive and they tend to wait until the last second.  

Pre-Hotel: Mixed messages on this one but I realize I am paying a premium for the pre-hotel in Athens.  I check the prices and found out the hotel is a Marriott property.  The rate was very close to what Oceania was charging so we went with it.  I am a lifetime top tiers with Marriott so our rooms will be upgraded open arrival based on availability.  Also, after some research this hotel provide complementary breakfast which was a plus.  I especially line the transfers from the Hotel to the ship.

Airfare: I never ever use cruise brand airfare.  I am lucky enough to have save enough air points to gain Business Class Airfare on Delta One.  This will allows me to reduce my fare by $1,000.00 per person.  This was the last gift of decades of traveling.  Our friends will use the Coach Airfare provided in the Oceania fare.  They are considering the Premium Upgrade which will be a budget issue for them.

“Aquamar™ Spa Terrace": This area is my kind of place.  The category below the Penthouse and above has complementary access.  This kind of reminds me for those of you that know NCL like a small Vibe Beach Club.  Also, it is very positive to me that the spa itself for all passengers have access to the Steam and Sauna which is a cost on other lines. 

Enrichment Programs:  I really never knew much about Enrichment Programs until I cruised on another luxury brand.  I loved the speakers.  On this cruise, I will be taking full advantage of the cooking education.  I have already booked a couple.  At this stage in my life, Go-Carts, Lasor Tag and Water Slide are not a necessity.  Expending my mind is much more a priority.

Excursions:  I have never been a fan of excursions on cruise ships.  After talking with many of you, I am looking forward to those experience.  Where some complain that this is additional, I look at it as choose what suits you best.  If I were to consider on of the Ultra-Luxury Brands, all excursions were included however many passengers rarely did an excursion at every port.  Also, the fares for Ultra-Luxury were in many cases three times the fare of Oceania.  I like having choices to spend our funds where we want with much less waste.  

Food and Dining:  This will be one of the things all of us will enjoy the most.  One added advantage is specialty restaurants all included.  I fully understand the rules and policies which are all fair to all guests.  With friends cruising with us, we can take our time dining enjoying the entire event.  Where before we would have to rush to a show, on Oceania, the shows are less a important and the dining experience is a premium.

Sometimes folks whom never cruise your brand come to your blog.  I wanted my visit to your blog to be limited and positive for all involved.  Again, thank you all for your advice most of which has been taken.

Just a couple of points I noticed. If I understand correctly you are booking the hotel through Oceania. In the past I have had issues with Marriott honoring my status when booking through a third party. Have you ever experienced this issue? I'm not a top tier though, just Platinum. 

As far as transfers go, my experience in Athens is that it was much further from the airport to the hotel than it was hotel to the cruise port. 

You may already know but the Spa Terrace has no service, so you need to take any refreshments you want while there with you. There is a frig in the gym with water and some energy type drinks. 

Enjoy your cruise.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Just a couple of points I noticed. If I understand correctly you are booking the hotel through Oceania. In the past I have had issues with Marriott honoring my status when booking through a third party. Have you ever experienced this issue? I'm not a top tier though, just Platinum. 

I am a Life Time Titanium.  I have had issue on points when using services like Priceline.  Yet once I was at the hotel, the Titanium Marriott Card was honored.  

1 hour ago, ORV said:

As far as transfers go, my experience in Athens is that it was much further from the airport to the hotel than it was hotel to the cruise port. 

This is great information.  I will goggle transportation souses and costs.  Thank you for great feedback.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

You may already know but the Spa Terrace has no service, so you need to take any refreshments you want while there with you. There is a frig in the gym with water and some energy type drinks. 

Yes, I was aware their was no service their.  My interest was the lounge chairs, location and most importantly the hot tubs.  Please remember, this is my first time on Oceania.  That means, until I have the experience, I will not fully understand the differences in these kinds of area's. This area comes across as lovely, small, and well likes. 

Cruise well and enjoy ever moment.

On 9/1/2022 at 1:50 PM, LHT28 said:

Food  is  subjective  but  I found Oceania to be better for OUR tastes  than Crystal

& the  buffet  experience O was better  re the food handling  from Pax

The Terrace  buffet is open for dinner & no reservations required

Hope your friends will enjoy Oceania

Enjoy

I would agree with that statement regarding food! 

Crystal's main dining room was wonderful, we found food there to be slightly better than what we've received on Oceania.   The area where Oceania shines in comparison to Crystal is in casual options.  Crystal in our opinion did not do "casual" very well.  The options at their pool grill compared to Waves grill on Oceania were a joke.  Also we found the buffet lacking the variety and quality of Oceania.  We went once to afternoon tea on Crystal, on Oceania we attend almost daily!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone's help and now that I am booked on the November 9, 2023 sailing on the Oceania Riviera, I have some basic questions.  I want to be completely transparent with my questions.  I really know NCL and the NCL Haven extremely well.  Oceania is different and my hopes are I can better understand those differences.

That information is then inputted into a document I do called a "Journey Document".  It is like a homemade brochure I do for my wife.  On this cruise, it is also being given to our best friends that will be joining us.  This trip will be my friends Christmas Gift for his wife.  She will be having her 70th birthday on this sailing. They answers each of you give me here will be added to that Journey Document.  

Both couples are booked in a Penthouse Suite as background for your answers. 

1. Can room service be from a specialty restaurant or is it limited too "The Grand Dining Room"? 
  2. When one has the Premium Drink Package, are all wines listed by the glass part of that program?
  3. May I assume that when ordering full bottles of wine, they are not included on the Premium Drink Package?
  4. When in the Haven on NCL, the Butler is not included in the "Pre-Paid" gratuities program.  Are the butlers included when I prepay the gratuities pre-cruise. 
  5. Can you use the OBC, pre-cruise to purchase the Premium Drink Program or do you have to wait until you are on the ship? I attempted to purchase this online and their was no button click to put it into my purchase folder.  

Thank everyone in advance for all your assistance. 

16 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Thanks for everyone's help and now that I am booked on the November 9, 2023 sailing on the Oceania Riviera, I have some basic questions.  I want to be completely transparent with my questions.  I really know NCL and the NCL Haven extremely well.  Oceania is different and my hopes are I can better understand those differences.

That information is then inputted into a document I do called a "Journey Document".  It is like a homemade brochure I do for my wife.  On this cruise, it is also being given to our best friends that will be joining us.  This trip will be my friends Christmas Gift for his wife.  She will be having her 70th birthday on this sailing. They answers each of you give me here will be added to that Journey Document.  

Both couples are booked in a Penthouse Suite as background for your answers. 

1. Can room service be from a specialty restaurant or is it limited too "The Grand Dining Room"? 
  2. When one has the Premium Drink Package, are all wines listed by the glass part of that program?
  3. May I assume that when ordering full bottles of wine, they are not included on the Premium Drink Package?
  4. When in the Haven on NCL, the Butler is not included in the "Pre-Paid" gratuities program.  Are the butlers included when I prepay the gratuities pre-cruise. 
  5. Can you use the OBC, pre-cruise to purchase the Premium Drink Program or do you have to wait until you are on the ship? I attempted to purchase this online and their was no button click to put it into my purchase folder.  

Thank everyone in advance for all your assistance. 

I'll give this a shot (Some answers from experience, other from discussions here on the O Board):

1. Specialties are included.

2. I think all drinks that are $15 or less are included, including the wines by the glass.

3. Correct.

4. The gratuities, whether pre paid or paid at the end of the cruise include the butler.  There is an addition charge for the butler that is added on to the basic gratuities, and the amount you see on your invoice includes that.

5. I think you have to purchase on board if you took the OLife basic drinks package.

Edited by 1985rz1

11 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

I think you have to purchase on board if you took the OLife basic drinks package.

I am aware of this.  My wife and I took the Basic Drink Package, and we will upgrade when we board.  The question is when no drink package was selected, and you have enough OBC to pay the $600.00 for a Premium Drink Package.  This is what my friends joining us will do.  Currently, I cannot prebook the Premium Drink Package on it's own.  Hope that clarifies the question.

6 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I am aware of this.  My wife and I took the Basic Drink Package, and we will upgrade when we board.  The question is when no drink package was selected, and you have enough OBC to pay the $600.00 for a Premium Drink Package.  This is what my friends joining us will do.  Currently, I cannot prebook the Premium Drink Package on it's own.  Hope that clarifies the question.

That I haven't tried, so I don't know.  Hopefully someone else can chime in with their experience.

Yes...Happy Cruising!!!