Norwegian switched to Coca Cola, Come on Carnival, take the hint!

asalligo

2 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Use to be coke , they made the switch before the pandemic .

I know. When it was Coke I bought the Bottomless Bubbles for the whole family every cruise. My Kids really hate that they switched to Pepsi. 

• Like 1

The moment they go back to Coke = the day my entire group stops buying Beverage Package. 

Contrary to opinion: Pepsi sells better due to their extended product like. From actual Coke to Pepsi they're near neck to neck. In a blind taste test, Pepsi almost always wins. People often drink Coke and liken the their taste to it subconsciously because of the coloring or their upbringing. In electroencephalogram tests, people who know it's Coke has more neurons firing. If they don't know its coke they usually think it's bland. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, ashkir said:

The moment they go back to Coke = the day my entire group stops buying Beverage Package. 

Contrary to opinion: Pepsi sells better due to their extended product like. From actual Coke to Pepsi they're near neck to neck. In a blind taste test, Pepsi almost always wins. People often drink Coke and liken the their taste to it subconsciously because of the coloring or their upbringing. In electroencephalogram tests, people who know it's Coke has more neurons firing. If they don't know its coke they usually think it's bland. 

Thats wayyyy too deep for me..  Coke it is!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, ashkir said:

Exactly.

Smartest thing Carnival ever did was dumping Coke.

Now put cocaine back in the formula, and I may give Coke another shot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Donniss said:

So wait did Carnival switch to Pepsi? Can someone link me an announcement? If so I may have to buy the bottomless beverages, because goodness I love 7up.

It happened years ago. BC (Before COVID). Strangely on my last Sunshine cruise they still had Sprite instead of 7up. I have no idea why.

• Like 3

Guest BasicSailor
28 minutes ago, mz-s said:

It happened years ago. BC (Before COVID). Strangely on my last Sunshine cruise they still had Sprite instead of 7up. I have no idea why.

I also noticed 4 months back cases of coke on the aft bar along with Pepsi products. 

Just now, BasicSailor said:

I also noticed 4 months back cases of coke on the aft bar along with Pepsi products. 

Yep that was around the time of my Sunshine cruise with Sprite. Maybe they found a few cases in the back? Maybe they couldn't get enough 7up at the time and supplemented with Sprite. Who knows. I wasn't given an explanation (neither did I ask for one). All I know is my 7&7 was actually a 7&Sprite!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Donniss said:

So wait did Carnival switch to Pepsi? Can someone link me an announcement? If so I may have to buy the bottomless beverages, because goodness I love 7up.

I found several articles when I did a Google search but here is one… https://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/carnival-signs-pepsi-as-preferred-beverage-partner

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Donniss said:

No, Norwegian switched. Carnival was coke products until about 5 years ago. 

• Like 1