cabin confusion

Knickearth

I am booked next year on the Ruby. I reserved what is named the "owners suite" as a gift  to us for a 50th anniversary.  My confusion is that the Ruby has two additional trips after ours with same destination, but our cabin is not even listed as something you can reserve. My biggest fear  is that they will either change our cabin or change the ship at that point to accommodate their plans for the cabin.  Either way  I  am nervous.

Anyone know anything about this.

You are lucky to have booked the Owners Suite when you did.  It could have been that you captured the suite as soon as someone cancelled it.  Suites sell out quickly.  That is probably why they are not showing up on the cruises following yours.  

You have not mentioned the port that you are leaving from nor the itinerary.  Some ships and voyages are more secure than others.  The Ruby is moving to Galveston.  It is a new port for Princess. No one knows for sure what will happen there.  If you are looking at a West Coast or Alaska departure, I would consider that a little bit safer.  Princess has been moving around ships.  I had one booking that had 3 move overs.  

oops, I should have included that the cruises after mine have NO owners cabins but something called a 2 bedroom family cabin and you can't reserve it online.  So it makes me think there will no longer be an owners cabin at all.

I keep hearing about the Ruby moving to Galveston but when I inquire with Princess they know nothing.  Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

1 hour ago, Knickearth said:

oops, I should have included that the cruises after mine have NO owners cabins but something called a 2 bedroom family cabin and you can't reserve it online.  So it makes me think there will no longer be an owners cabin at all.

I keep hearing about the Ruby moving to Galveston but when I inquire with Princess they know nothing.  Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

The family suite is basically two connected reconfigured mini suites with a common sitting area. It is really for families. There are two of them located all the way forward on deck 9. The balcony will be 18Ft wide x 6ft deep, uncovered. Each section can sleep up to 4 for a total of 8. Booking this cabin gets you full suite benefits.

What voyages are you speaking about?

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The Ruby is moving to Galveston.  It is a new port for Princess. No one knows for sure what will happen there.  

Princess has sailed from Galveston in the past.  We sailed from there many times and that's what hooked us on Princess to start with 🙂  Granted they haven't been there in many years now, but they have sailed from there. The Caribbean Princess also sailed from the now-defunct Houston port for a season too (we sailed from there twice) so people in the area should be somewhat familiar with Princess.  

2 hours ago, Knickearth said:

There are only 2 owners suites on the Ruby.   Once they are booked they will no longer show up on the website under that sailing. This is entirely normal. 

Don’t worry about them reconfiguring the ship and chopping up those lovely owner suites into smaller cabins. That simply will not happen. As long as your cruise sails you will be safely ensconced in that incredible suite.  On the off chance you get moved to another sailing because yours is cancelled then you’ll just have to see what the choices are. I wouldn’t waste time worrying about that at all. 

To see where the Ruby is going to be just do a search on the website and filter by ship and select the months you want to view. Ruby sails to Galveston on Dec 2, 2022 and returns to San Francisco April 14, 2023. So she’s got Dec-April in Galveston.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Knickearth said:

I have a cruise on the Ruby booked in February. It will be sailing out of Galveston.