Do excursions get cancelled from time to time?

v3cruiser

Yes, things happen.

I had an excursion in Kauai cancelled because the river was too low then I had an excursion in Juneau cancelled because the river was too high.

An excursion in northern Scotland was cancelled due to a major storm and the photography excursion in Cabo was cancelled because we were the only ones who registered.

We also had an excursion in Bermuda where they left half an hour early without us! (Another tour invited us on board and it was a fabulous day of snorkelling and kayaking.)

1 hour ago, v3cruiser said:

Do excursions get cancelled from time to time? Just curious.

just got an email for a cancelled excursion I booked but later changed. I hope this is not a precursor to cancelling the cruise!!LOL

NCL does not run any tours. The contract to local tour operators. At the moment, tour operators are having staffing difficulties worldwide. People are looking for work from home jobs versus being in buses full of germy cruise passengers. And as the fail to deliver to their contract and are penalized, the just totally cancel tours for the season. 

On our June cruise, our shore ex cancelled in 3 of 4 ports. 

NCL just cancelled our Portland excursion because the changed the hours in port. First they said, don’t worry, we’ll adjust the excursion to fit the new hours, then cancelled it. Once on Princess our excursion in Scotland was cancelled at the last moment because Prince Charles decided to visit the castle while the excursion was there. His castle 😢😢

The  most disappointing excursion cancellation we ever had was on the Epic in the Western Mediterranean, a trip to Arles from the port of Marseilles. The staff at the excursion desk warned us it was not selling enough and promised to try to push it as they said it was an excellent excursion, but alas it never received enough bookings.