3 day vs 7 Day

TexasJohn82

Miami is a fantastic city to spend a day before or after the cruise.  

I like staying downtown (Intercontinental) or Miami Beach (anywhere) and finding some good local food.  Cuban.  Pizza.  Seafood.  

Love Bayside, especially now that it has a Margaritaville and Landshark cafe.  but, im a huge parrothead.  

• Like 4

I've done the 3 Day cruise on Conquest and just did the 3 day on Liberty for our anniversary.  I love the shorter cruises from time to time, but just know it goes very fast.  Before you know it, its over.  So planning is a key.  Try to decide what activities and excursions you will do in advance.  If you can book the Steakhouse for an intimate dinner, that will be a nice touch.  On the 7 day cruises, you can take it a little more easy and pace yourself and relax somewhat.  Not so on the 3 day cruise, it just goes too fast.  So have in mind what you both want to do before you are docked back in Miami.  Above all else, just have fun and enjoy the time with your wife.  DH and I had an amazing 3 days on the Liberty.  We did the sailaway party, Steakhouse, art auctions, seaday brunch, comedy club each night and the 2 theatre shows.  We didn't do a formal excursion in Nassau.  We simply walked to the beach and ate on the beach and had a nice stroll back.  I hope you have fun!

• Like 3

The shortest we've done is 4 days.  As Kerm said, you're necessarily going to pack a lot in.  We found ourselves staying up considerably later than we would on a longer cruise.  And as cruisingguy said, I'd likely do the Cheers package.  I can get my $ worth for 3-4 days easier than 7 at my age.

On a 3 day bday cruise, I would be looking for some "cuddle time" so don't get too crazy in your planning.   Just be the awesome couple that you are and revel in that!  Shopping on board for jewelry is nice as well🤣

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 2

We did a four day once. It was a weekend wrap around (Thur-Mon) out of N.O.  We decided then that we would not do another one shorter than five days.  Not sure if it is like this everywhere on shorter cruises, but many treated it as one big party.  They would be out on their balconies shouting until the early morning hours.  We were also awakened the last morning about 3 am by a knock on the door from a drunk man at the wrong room.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 10:02 AM, Lee Cruiser said:

We did a four day once. It was a weekend wrap around (Thur-Mon) out of N.O.  We decided then that we would not do another one shorter than five days.  Not sure if it is like this everywhere on shorter cruises, but many treated it as one big party.  They would be out on their balconies shouting until the early morning hours.  We were also awakened the last morning about 3 am by a knock on the door from a drunk man at the wrong room.

I do see your point.  However, It has been my experience that Carnival cruises in general are party cruises when compared to other cruise lines.  They call it the "Funship" for a reason.  Compared to other cruise lines, I've been on, the Carnival guests take the lead from the CDs and they always seem to be in the party mood.  The guests are generally loud in their rooms, hallways, balconies and on the deck and in the clubs.  I don't mind this.  I actually prefer the fun atmosphere.  I haven't really seen a difference on the 3-4 days vs. the 7+ days with the caliber of guests.   That is just my experience in 17 cruises on 5 different lines.  I think the fact that Carnival has such reasonable rates may attract a more less formal environment and people seem to be in party mode.  My other cruises on other lines have been much more expensive and have attracted either more families or older folks which may have contributed to less partying.  In addition, I can't even recall if their were CDs on those other lines.  They did not have a large presence as do the CDs on Carnival.  But I love Carnival the most and love the 3-4 day cruises.  Pre-Covid, I did at least a 3/4 day cruise annually and then a longer 6-8 day cruises as well.