Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite

graphicguy

13 minutes ago, Ricks said:

Had to ask, made my mouth water….lol I’ll be on the getaway next week…. I give it a try!!!

Cool.  I’m actually looking at staying on board.  Have to chat with the Cruise Next folks.  And, would have to do some clothing shopping for something more appropriate for a different climate!!  

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 7

35 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Cool.  I’m actually looking at staying on board.  Have to chat with the Cruise Next folks.  And, would have to do some clothing shopping for something more appropriate for a different climate!! 

Just do it - was surfing for deals & specials for 2023 & seeing this, price for 14 nights deal for solo is better / lower for the club balcony vs. regular balcony (neither sold out ... probably upgrade bids pending)  See what you can hustle together as a package deal, with your TA & Amex offers, why not if you can do it - change/cancel/rebook your original flight going home ...  If they are running end of season sale in the gift shop tomorrow or Saturday, pick up some t-shirts & things with your non-refundable OBC & done, get 2 to 3 batches of free laundry done over the next 10 to 15 days, problems solved.

BTW, great photos - rich colors & depth ... ours are the SS Galaxy S22P's and Pixel 6a (waiting to leap to the 7 or 7 Pro) have been cashing on great trade-in deals on our older devices lately.  When doing the "semi-lives" - almost done entirely on the smartphones, sometimes using the backup iPhone SE with an 5000 maH integrated powerbank as a WiFi hotspot, hardly use the folding keyboard or iPad mini's 

What's on deck tomorrow after getting into Halifa ??  Disembarkation temperature for this Sunday is about 63 deg F, high of 73 and Monday, 75 - more like mid/late September weather in NY. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Great dinner (and view) this evening at Ocean Blue…best of the week, so far…

-Scallops over pork belly

-Wedge Salad

-Sea Bass

-Dark Chocolate Mouse Cake with carmel popcorn

FE9426A1-E7A2-4AF7-8D71-0DD2381F061B.jpeg

A740EBE6-5FEA-46B0-8289-F47F383B333D.jpeg

B064D165-78EB-4272-83CB-63268857E203.jpeg

5EA39410-D9A8-4255-8852-286CC191F12C.jpeg

So if you had to pick one...you would choose Ocean Blue over Le Bistro?   We can't seem to decide for our cruise.  

• Like 3

On 11/2/2022 at 7:00 PM, VegasChic said:

Love the review, would love to do a live myself of my upcoming prima cruise but terrified I would spend all my time figuring out how to post and upload pictures quickly.  Haven't posted pictures in many years on CC and was wondering how to do so quickly while on the ship doing a live review?

Hi!  What I do when writing a live review is type in the Notes app on my phone without using internet/wifi then when I’m ready to post I copy the post before logging in to NCL’s wifi.  Then post.  This only uses a couple minutes worth of wifi.  You can insert pictures into the post by placing your curser where you want the photo to be or just add them at the end.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Just do it - was surfing for deals & specials for 2023 & seeing this, price for 14 nights deal for solo is better / lower for the club balcony vs. regular balcony (neither sold out ... probably upgrade bids pending)  See what you can hustle together as a package deal, with your TA & Amex offers, why not if you can do it - change/cancel/rebook your original flight going home ...  If they are running end of season sale in the gift shop tomorrow or Saturday, pick up some t-shirts & things with your non-refundable OBC & done, get 2 to 3 batches of free laundry done over the next 10 to 15 days, problems solved.

BTW, great photos - rich colors & depth ... ours are the SS Galaxy S22P's and Pixel 6a (waiting to leap to the 7 or 7 Pro) have been cashing on great trade-in deals on our older devices lately.  When doing the "semi-lives" - almost done entirely on the smartphones, sometimes using the backup iPhone SE with an 5000 maH integrated powerbank as a WiFi hotspot, hardly use the folding keyboard or iPad mini's 

What's on deck tomorrow after getting into Halifa ??  Disembarkation temperature for this Sunday is about 63 deg F, high of 73 and Monday, 75 - more like mid/late September weather in NY. 

Lots has to come together…..have to see if the dog sitter can accommodate….have to see if I can get meds from a local pharmacy and where to find one (just had heart stents a couple of weeks ago). Need to get summer clothes.  All has to be done in a few hours, if it can be done at all.

First, to the cruise next desk.

;)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Hi!  What I do when writing a live review is type in the Notes app on my phone without using internet/wifi then when I’m ready to post I copy the post before logging in to NCL’s wifi.  Then post.  This only uses a couple minutes worth of wifi.  You can insert pictures into the post by placing your curser where you want the photo to be or just add them at the end.

Thank you, very helpful!! I remember in the past I had to upload pictures somewhere else then embed the picture in the post.  Glad that has changed, or maybe it was like that all along🤔. Also do you know if there is an APP for Cruise Critic?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

Do you know what show is in the Speigel tent and the menu?

TIA

So, just looked this up on my cabin TV.  This is a disco/cabaret show.  They don’t stipulate what the dinner choices are..  $30/pp.

Not a disco fan so won’t attend!

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 10:16 AM, PistolPete13 said:

I think the steward name will be listed on one of the screens on the TV, most likely the initial screen when it powers up.

Eat a few lobster rolls for me today!  I may need to look at doing this trip next fall...

My room steward is Abby but the tv says Dindin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just back from Cruise Next…all solo rates….$1,800 for a Club Balcony…don’t know if I can stay in my current cabin but crew would take care of moving my luggage if I get a different cabin.

$1,400 for a regular Balcony.

Only one Cruise Next voucher can be used.  So, they’ll match my $250 purchase of one cert.

If I go through my TA, she’ll give me a $75 discount on the fare, and allow me to use my AMEX TO BOOK, which would give me $200 OBC and dinner at LeBistro+bottle of wine.

Latitudes gives me another $75 in OBC.

Can’t use Stockholder OBC since booking date is so close.

TOTALS…

Club Balcony-$1,800 less $250 cert, less $75 TA discount=$1,475.

Plus $275 OBC/dinner/wine

Balcony-$1,400 less $250 cert, less $50 TA discount=$1,100

And, I get AMEX OBC of $100/dinner/wine and $25 Latitudes OBC.

Both include drinks/specialty dinners (not sure how many for a 2 week cruise), Excursion credits and some internet (not sure how much for a 2 week cruise)

This is for a 2 week repo cruise to New Orleans from NYC!

Waiting to hear back from DRs office for meds and where to get them.  Also waiting to hear from dog sitter.

Checking on flight changes…

It doesn’t help the @JamieLogical and @mking8288 are acting as my enablers…LOL!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Just back from Cruise Next…all solo rates….$1,800 for a Club Balcony…don’t know if I can stay in my current cabin but crew would take care of moving my luggage if I get a different cabin.

$1,400 for a regular Balcony.

Only one Cruise Next voucher can be used.  So, they’ll match my $250 purchase of one cert.

If I go through my TA, she’ll give me a $75 discount on the fare, and allow me to use my AMEX TO BOOK, which would give me $200 OBC and dinner at LeBistro+bottle of wine.

Latitudes gives me another $75 in OBC.

Can’t use Stockholder OBC since booking date is so close.

TOTALS…

Club Balcony-$1,800 less $250 cert, less $75 TA discount=$1,475.

Plus $275 OBC/dinner/wine

Balcony-$1,400 less $250 cert, less $50 TA discount=$1,100

And, I get AMEX OBC of $100/dinner/wine and $25 Latitudes OBC.

Both include drinks/specialty dinners (not sure how many for a 2 week cruise), Excursion credits and some internet (not sure how much for a 2 week cruise)

This is for a 2 week repo cruise to New Orleans from NYC!

Waiting to hear back from DRs office for meds and where to get them.  Also waiting to hear from dog sitter.

Checking on flight changes…

Hope all fall into place and happens for you. I can feel your excitement. Let me know if I can assist with any planning or logistics in NYC. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

Do you know what show is in the Speigel tent and the menu?

TIA

The show is Velvet. And I think the menu is steak with lobster sauce, asparagus, and mashed potatoes. I’m going off of memory. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Easy to get a pool lounger today…

D3DAEA9D-3F0C-4F3D-8187-E7CE58F291D1.jpeg

A live person doing music by the pool - that's encouraging to see.  Last few cruises I've been on (multiple lines) it's only been DJs which I often find to be more annoying than entertaining.  So a human playing is a good sign though that poor fellow looks cold.  I really do miss the days of the steel drums playing by the pools - way back when that was standard poolside entertainment (at least on warm weather cruises).

• Like 3