Yacht Club private island....SANDY BEACH :O) also some restaurant info

Shippy

13 hours ago, phissy said:

When we were there, there were cabanas and sparse occupancy.

It is area to left of YC restaurant. I am including pics we took when we explored that beach area.

This was taken outside the back of the YC Ocean house restaurant. The blue building is where they cook the food. We walked to the left, past the rocky area. Found that beautiful beach. Note cabanas on left of beach picture. This was November 2021, low occupancy. Cabanas not occupied.

A9228157-181B-44A4-97AF-13FEFE7783B4.jpeg

8BAB6977-76AA-47C5-91B3-100E13E33CAC.jpeg

B5261836-1568-437E-A0AC-E3832973F824.jpeg

After being driven to YC Ocean House, my family rented some gear and went snorkeling at that same beach.  It was really nice.  

Edited by clemsonlori98

I think this discussion should be over..yuk,yuk

the sandy beach really does not exist.

that is why there were so many lounges available

it should stay that way

no sense in telling the masses to go there

for some reason they cannot find it

it does not exist

cannot wait until I go there next year.

I think I will get a good seat      :O)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shippy “ I think this discussion should be over..yuk,yuk

the sandy beach really does not exist. “

No reason to post a sarcastic message.. mocking forum users who try to help identifying the beach you are not able to locate on a map.

• You never posted a photo of the beach.

• You never posted a map with marked location.

I guess you went to Bimini Beach. Maybe MSC is using part of (public) Bimini Beach for YC guest now.. I don’t know.

Fact is that you generalize your initial statement “I had read so much about how rocky the beach was on Ocean Cay“ to all beaches on Ocean Cay.

Forum threads about the rocky beach are describing the condition of Ocean House Beach (YC Beach). Ocean House Beach is next to Ocean House Restaurant (YC) .. just to the right of the main building.

No need to walk 5 minutes to another beach.

There are many other public beaches on Ocean Cay with no rocks.

Edited by SirWolf

21 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Shippy “ I think this discussion should be over..yuk,yuk

the sandy beach really does not exist. “

No reason to post a sarcastic message.. mocking forum users who try to help identifying the beach you are not able to locate on a map.

• You never posted a photo of the beach.

• You never posted a map with marked location.

I guess you went to Bimini Beach. Maybe MSC is using part of (public) Bimini Beach for YC guest now.. I don’t know.

Fact is that you generalize your initial statement “I had read so much about how rocky the beach was on Ocean Cay“ to all beaches on Ocean Cay.

Forum threads about the rocky beach are describing the condition of Ocean House Beach (YC Beach). Ocean House Beach is next to Ocean House Restaurant (YC) .. just to the right of the main building.

No need to walk 5 minutes to another beach.

There are many other public beaches on Ocean Cay with no rocks.

I took it as humor, noting more.  Sometimes things get lost in translation.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

That's what I was thinking. I've been to both beaches and it seems like the "nicer" one that is described is "around the corner". If the Yacht Club gets extra space, it's all good by me. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I took it as humor, noting more.  Sometimes things get lost in translation.  

thank you.    We all know humor is subjective.......

I have no picture, no map, & the directions I gave were to confusing to some.

....hope everyone finds a spot they will enjoy...

The island is much more beautiful than I anticipated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shippy said:

thank you.    We all know humor is subjective.......

I have no picture, no map, & the directions I gave were to confusing to some.

....hope everyone finds a spot they will enjoy...

The island is much more beautiful than I anticipated.

Your post got our attention as we will soon be back on Ocean Cay (our third visit).  We only recall one beach set-up for the YC folks (it is to the right of the restaurant) and we had to be on that beach if we wanted the usual YC service.  But the YC is actually on a separate island (from the main island) and there are two other beaches,  The one on the internal lagoon side is called Great Lagoon Beach and I recall that it was pretty sandy with the benefit of a sheltered lagoon for swimming.  The other beach is Ocean Beach which is open to the sea (we never walked out to that beach).  Our visits were all soon after Ocean Cay opened and if we had gone anywhere but to the YC Beach (which is certainly not the best beach) there would have been no YC service/waiters.

Hank

• Like 1

Have not gone to far in this thread yet, but thought I would post more recent photos showing a layer of sand has been dumped and graded on those small rocks. Taken on September 9, 2022.  Please notice the orange ball in the water 1 inch to the left of the lifeguard seat. Guard told me not to go beyond it.

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Have not gone to far in this thread yet, but thought I would post more recent photos showing a layer of sand has been dumped and graded on those small rocks. Taken on September 9, 2022.  Please notice the orange ball in the water 1 inch to the left of the lifeguard seat. Guard told me not to go beyond it.

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

looks like it !

22 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Did you rent directly on the beach or was this a ship excursion?  If on the beach, what was the method of payment?

I went up to one of the YC staff at Ocean House and requested 3 sets of snorkel gear.  No money was exchanged. They got me to sign a piece of paper but we ended up never been charged for them.    

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 6:56 PM, phissy said:

When we were there, there were cabanas and sparse occupancy.

It is area to left of YC restaurant. I am including pics we took when we explored that beach area.

This was taken outside the back of the YC Ocean house restaurant. The blue building is where they cook the food. We walked to the left, past the rocky area. Found that beautiful beach. Note cabanas on left of beach picture. This was November 2021, low occupancy. Cabanas not occupied.

A9228157-181B-44A4-97AF-13FEFE7783B4.jpeg

When we sailed on Seashore back in April, we rented that exact Cabana behind the distinguished gentleman; it is called an "Oceanview YC Cabana" vs "Oceanfront" which is to the right, on the described rocky beach. Oh, and they're not exactly oceanfront as they are behind all the rows of open chairs and umbrellas for YC guests.

Once you board, you can request a specific Cabana # with the YC Concierge. They don't guarantee it, but we got the one we requested. I plan on requesting Cabana #4 or 5 in Nov. The one above is #7, btw.

From this area, the Bimini Beach is a very short walk and is, indeed, sandy and smooth and very open. We all went swimming there after trying to navigate the rocky YC beach!

Snorkel gear is included in the YC area, just go to the Ocean House and sign for them.

The port-a-potties are the nicest I've ever seen, seriously! Wood laminate flooring, sink area, small counter area, etc. It's more of a half bathroom in a regular house.

Lobster rolls...I ordered 2 and then double stuffed one roll with the meat. Yum! Also put the overflow lobster meat on my salad which I also ordered.

Returning on the Meraviglia and have reserved one of the oceanfront cabanas this time as wifey did not like having to walk around the Ocean House to get to the rocky YC beach. Happy wife, happy life!

Edited by psmarkle
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 4:04 PM, psmarkle said:

When we sailed on Seashore back in April, we rented that exact Cabana behind the distinguished gentleman; it is called an "Oceanview YC Cabana" vs "Oceanfront" which is to the right, on the described rocky beach. Oh, and they're not exactly oceanfront as they are behind all the rows of open chairs and umbrellas for YC guests.

Once you board, you can request a specific Cabana # with the YC Concierge. They don't guarantee it, but we got the one we requested. I plan on requesting Cabana #4 or 5 in Nov. The one above is #7, btw.

From this area, the Bimini Beach is a very short walk and is, indeed, sandy and smooth and very open. We all went swimming there after trying to navigate the rocky YC beach!

Snorkel gear is included in the YC area, just go to the Ocean House and sign for them.

The port-a-potties are the nicest I've ever seen, seriously! Wood laminate flooring, sink area, small counter area, etc. It's more of a half bathroom in a regular house.

Lobster rolls...I ordered 2 and then double stuffed one roll with the meat. Yum! Also put the overflow lobster meat on my salad which I also ordered.

Returning on the Meraviglia and have reserved one of the oceanfront cabanas this time as wifey did not like having to walk around the Ocean House to get to the rocky YC beach. Happy wife, happy life!

In the YC beach area are the beach float mats and the snorkel gear included for everyone or only if you rent the cabanas? 

On 9/24/2022 at 1:04 PM, psmarkle said:

What a great idea!  Filed away for my first MSC cruise in 3 months...