What shows up on receipts/statements when you buy alcohol?

royalstrip

So here’s the thing. Me and my siblings are 30 plus years old and like to drink sometimes. However we are travelling with my parents who are very religious and would likely give us the silent treatment all trip if they found out. Our rooms are all connected to my dads information and he will check the statements and go over things before and end of trip. 

so naturally buying a package that includes alcohol is out. I am wondering if we buy some drinks on the cruise and use our regular sea pass card, does the specific name of the drinks show up on the receipt and statement? I cannot recall as I haven’t travelled since 2019 on a cruise. I am hoping it only says how much we spent and not what we spent it on, we can just say we bought specialty coffees and mocktails. 

if alcohol names do show up on the receipt and statements, any other ideas to let us drink on the cruise? 

we were thinking we can bring wine in our luggage as per the allowance but unsure what to do about hard liquor options. 

i know this is silly since we are old enough and we are adults but right now telling them is not an option. 

for reference we are travelling on RCC harmony of the seas. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, royalstrip said:

I have my own set up and we are all paying for ourselves. He’s just very pushy and wants to go through everything unfortunately. 

30 plus years old, paying your own way, and your dad wants to go thru your on board account?  How about using the words "No Dad"?

• Like 8

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/wine-liquor?p=4&ship=118
It's a little on the pricey side for the size bottle... and your parents might want to see your room before you can hide it... 
I wouldn't bother and just drink while at the ports 

If your dad isn't paying for your on-board account, I don't think your account will show in his app at all, even if your accounts are linked for dining, etc.  

If he's somehow going to force you to show him your onboard account on your phone or room tv, it will just show the venue and the purchase price.  

As others have mentioned the venue will appear on the statement. Therefore avoid the bionic bar! These shouldn’t be accessible to others outside of your stateroom. However can be accessed via your stateroom tv, your stateroom occupants app and the final statement will be left outside your room or posted under the door on the final night.

A cocktail is usually about $13. A non-alcoholic one $7.

A beer $6-8. A coke $4.

If you buy any alcoholic drinks individually. You you can pretend you were buying two non-alcoholic beverages - give or take a $. 

However whilst ships are massive you occasionally end up seeing the same people again and again around the ship - waiting until the parents have gone to bed before visiting the bar will likely be a wise move.

You can bring on two bottles of wine per stateroom. However these should be kept in your carry-on luggage. If you are arriving together this obviously might lead to presentation at security to verify they are wine. If kept in your hold luggage this will be kept by security and would require a visit to security on deck 2 to again verify the contents and if your father finds out your bags have gone missing might want to tag along.

As stated losing the parents in port at the end of the day, or heading out for a second time may be the easiest and cheapest way to access alcohol without being spotted or having a trace on the account.

Any alcohol bought in port will (most likely) be confiscated on return to the ship to be returned or collected at the end of the voyage. I once presented alcohol - 2x full size rum bottles - to ship security in port expecting it to be kept until the end of the cruise but they let us keep it in our room.

Edited by Bfsroyal

If you buy a drink package pre-cruise how is anyone going to know?  If they swipe your seapass at the bars it will have a zero charge which could be for any type of drink. 

Maybe you should be asking for advice from a sixteen year old. They are very adept at stealthily procuring alcohol..... kidding.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

First, unless dad is paying for everything, he can't see your account just because your rooms are linked.  Second, you are all 30+ so maybe time to stop allowing them to treat you like you are a child as you aren't doing anything illegal. No telling what they think about other cruisers lol.

6 hours ago, royalstrip said:

So here’s the thing. Me and my siblings are 30 plus years old and like to drink sometimes. However we are travelling with my parents who are very religious and would likely give us the silent treatment all trip if they found out. Our rooms are all connected to my dads information and he will check the statements and go over things before and end of trip. 

so naturally buying a package that includes alcohol is out. I am wondering if we buy some drinks on the cruise and use our regular sea pass card, does the specific name of the drinks show up on the receipt and statement? I cannot recall as I haven’t travelled since 2019 on a cruise. I am hoping it only says how much we spent and not what we spent it on, we can just say we bought specialty coffees and mocktails. 

if alcohol names do show up on the receipt and statements, any other ideas to let us drink on the cruise? 

we were thinking we can bring wine in our luggage as per the allowance but unsure what to do about hard liquor options. 

i know this is silly since we are old enough and we are adults but right now telling them is not an option. 

for reference we are travelling on RCC harmony of the seas. 

If you are paying for your own trip and you have your OWN RESERVATION hooked to your credit card, I don’t know how anyone else could see your account. Even my husband can’t see my account because I have the credit card attached to our reservations, but I see his charges along with mine.

But IMO why at your age are you allowing anyone to bully you into trying to hide what you do? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1