Burial at Sea - Complete Details and info learned from service on 9/7/2022, aboard Voyager of the Seas

Queenie&Dude

It is a difficult time for us when a loved one has passed. After my wife passed, I was looking for some kind of keepsake. There was some mention of it by the funeral director.  Because my wife and I enjoyed cruising I had thought about doing something on a cruise ship.

Queenie thank you for this information.

But I would like to pass along what I have found doing my research. By no means is this a plug for these businesses but I have found comfort in finding a keepsake of my wife I will always cherish. 

One company is called "MyLifeGem". They are able to use some of your loved one's ashes and create a diamond. The other company is called "Parting Stone" and they can create small stones about the size of your palm and smaller using your loved one's ashes.  I called a few funeral directors in the Cleveland area, and they all told me that have used one or both businesses in the past.

Since my wife's passing this is something that I found has worked for me. I know this is not for everyone, but I just wanted to share my story and experience.

Queenie, again thank you for sharing.

4 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

It is a difficult time for us when a loved one has passed. After my wife passed, I was looking for some kind of keepsake. There was some mention of it by the funeral director.  Because my wife and I enjoyed cruising I had thought about doing something on a cruise ship.

Queenie thank you for this information.

But I would like to pass along what I have found doing my research. By no means is this a plug for these businesses but I have found comfort in finding a keepsake of my wife I will always cherish. 

One company is called "MyLifeGem". They are able to use some of your loved one's ashes and create a diamond. The other company is called "Parting Stone" and they can create small stones about the size of your palm and smaller using your loved one's ashes.  I called a few funeral directors in the Cleveland area, and they all told me that have used one or both businesses in the past.

Since my wife's passing this is something that I found has worked for me. I know this is not for everyone, but I just wanted to share my story and experience.

Queenie, again thank you for sharing.

You can also get a finger/thumbprint from your loved one engraved on a pendant (obviously, not after the fact, but may be helpful for others in the future).

Our condolences and thank you for providing such an informational posting. I am sure many cruisers have often thought of doing this but didn't actually realize it was possible or that it was done so eloquently. I am sure he watches over you thankful for the love you have shown him.

George in NY

So sorry for your loss.  Thank you for sharing your experience.  I have told my family for years that in lieu of a funeral, I'd like my wife to take my whole family on a cruise and have a burial at sea.  I knew they did this but was unsure if they still did or any of the steps to arrange it.  Thank you for so clearly outlining these steps.   

• 1 month later...

So very sorry for your loss...  And Thank you for sharing this and what an emotional reading this was for me... And also kudos to Royal for taking good care of you and your late husband... who will always be at Sea watching over you...🙏      

Very sorry for your loss and thank you so much for thinking  of others and sharing your experience.  When I lost my mom, one of the complaints I constantly had was that no one (not even the attorney we hired) takes your hand and actually walks you through the legal process and how things work and what to expect next.  You did that with this post and many who are considering this option will be very thankful for all your thorough information that will ease the burden on them.