Sushi on Five menu

patty1955

2 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Does anyone know if the Japanese beers like Sapporo or Ichiban are only available at Sushi on 5 or can you get them at other bars on the ship?

Just came off from Millenium, those Japanese beers seem only availabe in So5.  I did not see them generally available in other places. Maybe some sommeliers of the main restaurant would be able to get it for you?

1 hour ago, quickpick said:

Just came off from Millenium, those Japanese beers seem only availabe in So5.  I did not see them generally available in other places. Maybe some sommeliers of the main restaurant would be able to get it for you?

Thanks! We are in the Penthouse on Millennium in November so I will ask the butler to see if maybe they can get some to stock in our fridge. 

3 hours ago, quickpick said:

Probably means you can get them at Cellar Masters too if there's someone friendly tehre. Cellar Masters makes the cocktails for Sushi on 5 so they connect in the back. Speaking of, is there a sommelier Marren still around? She was at Cellar Masters but was moving into the MDR when I was on in May. She was amazing and sorry to see her be moved. 

20 hours ago, dazey said:

Table-prepared wasabi is not available at Raw on Five which is the sushi restaurant on Edge, etc.

We tried it and it was good but if counting $'s and having it several times before I would pass.  Fun thing to do.  We do enjoy the menu much more on Sushi on Five but that menu may have also changed recently.

Had Sushi on EDGE at Raw of Five last week and (sadly) it was pretty horrible. The lobster roll was awful as well. Could have better flushed the $50 down the toilet and gone to the buffet.

21 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

If you have ever had fresh ground Wasabi versus prepared Wasabi its a huge difference !

I'm the weirdo who loves all sushi but despises wasabi AND pickled ginger. Plain with just a tiny swipe through lower sodium soy sauce. Let me taste that sushi with nothing else. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

I'm the weirdo who loves all sushi but despises wasabi AND pickled ginger. Plain with just a tiny swipe through lower sodium soy sauce. Let me taste that sushi with nothing else. 

I like wasabi but the ginger taste like soap to me. My husband loves it all. Here's his plate on Oceania:

PXL_20211023_163632951.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peanut head said:

Does Sushi on 5 still offer the seafood tower?  I don't see it listed on the menu anymore.

I don't think they ever have. On Silhouette and Reflection, the Porch has it. I love that venue and really wish all of the S-class had both it and Lawn Club Grill. 

I think on E-class they offer it at Raw on 5?

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2022 at 7:53 PM, patty1955 said:

Thank you. My husband loves sushi but $12 wasabi makes me cringe. I'm thinking of taking my own.

If you order the sushi/sashimi it comes with a lump of wasabi.  I believe what you are referring to is a special fresh preparation.

13 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

I don't think they ever have. On Silhouette and Reflection, the Porch has it. I love that venue and really wish all of the S-class had both it and Lawn Club Grill. 

I think on E-class they offer it at Raw on 5?

correct. There seems to be confusion. Some ships have Raw on 5 and others have Sushi on5. Two totally different menus.

• 1 month later...

I agree. If you have a 3 night specialty dinner package it is much more sensible to book a venue costing $45+.  If you have more than 3 nights and want to just try it fine.  We do lunch there and it never comes to more than $30+ per person.  Of course, it does depend on which ship you are on also.  

On 9/21/2022 at 11:56 PM, sbcs5390 said:

Probably means you can get them at Cellar Masters too if there's someone friendly tehre. Cellar Masters makes the cocktails for Sushi on 5 so they connect in the back. Speaking of, is there a sommelier Marren still around? She was at Cellar Masters but was moving into the MDR when I was on in May. She was amazing and sorry to see her be moved. 

World Class Bar prepares the cocktails for Sushi on 5. We had to ask why there was a glass jar containing nori on the bar when none of the World Class cocktails used nori as a component or garnish. 

We have eaten at Sushi On 5 A few times over the years. 
I do recall many years ago, I think it was about 5 years ago there was a set price for Sushi On 5, I want to say it was $45, and it was basically all you can eat. 
I did not make the reservation or pay for it, a friend, we had a fantastic meal. 
Also, the fresh wasabi is really different than the prepared wasabi which I prefer. 

6 minutes ago, Old Soulja said:

Also, the fresh wasabi is really different than the prepared wasabi which I prefer. 

One is wasabi, the other isn't.. it is one of the industry-wide 'secrets' but it is understandable as the real wasabi has to be prepared fresh as it loses its flavor within 15 mins or so of preparation.

10 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

World Class Bar prepares the cocktails for Sushi on 5. We had to ask why there was a glass jar containing nori on the bar when none of the World Class cocktails used nori as a component or garnish. 

Yes, true for S-class. I was just thinking the other night that while at WCB a couple weeks ago, I should have asked for one of my favorite Sushi on 5 drinks. Sometimes the orders are a little overwhelming for them! on M-class, it goes to Cellar Masters to prepare since the pantries connect in the back. 

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

One is wasabi, the other isn't.. it is one of the industry-wide 'secrets' but it is understandable as the real wasabi has to be prepared fresh as it loses its flavor within 15 mins or so of preparation.

We ate in Sushi on 5 three times on the Solstice a couple weeks ago. The first two times I meant to ask about the tableside real wasabi. I remembered for our final time and they did it, which was really nice. It was not listed on the menu but I asked and they were definitely prepared for it. 

18 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

We ate in Sushi on 5 three times on the Solstice a couple weeks ago. The first two times I meant to ask about the tableside real wasabi. I remembered for our final time and they did it, which was really nice. It was not listed on the menu but I asked and they were definitely prepared for it. 

What does it taste like? And do you use it/eat in the same way as the typical green wasabi you get with sushi in any restaurant? 

On 9/20/2022 at 8:03 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

$12 for Wasabi? What am I missing here, why are they charging for wasabi?

There are three classes of wasabi.  The premade in a tube, the powder that you mix with water, and the freshly ground from root.   

The quality and flavor of each is totally different.    I prefer the freshly ground and feel that it is well worth the $12.00 upcharge. 

Skip to 11:00 and watch. 

And if you want to know a little more about fresh wasabi

Edited by DaKahuna