Will HAL provide a kettle to a Neptune Suite if requested ?

rbelshaw

I did the forum search and was reminded that kettles are often called black by pots, and are sometimes full of fish. I know these are available on European itineraries, but this is an Alaska cruise. I prefer to brew my own. Anyone have any experience?

Thanks-

are you requesting boiling water?

I know that boiling water is plentiful for making tea, hot chocolate in the lido buffet/marketplace. 

Neptune Life is unknown to me but I've heard there is a Neptune lounge and I'm sure they could provide you w/boiling water.  Also, I think (again, never live it yet)  the Neptune people have their very own in room Keurig?  Would that work to boil you some water?

Enjoy the cruise!

20 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I would think the coffee maker in the room has a “tea” setting for dispensing hot water

The coffee maker in the Neptune/Pinnacle suites is more like a Nespresso than a Keurig.  There's no way to get boiling water out of it.  You can definitely get boiling water in the Neptune Lounge, which is convenient if you are not in rooms at the back of the ship.  Neptune lounge not open 24hrs though.

• Thanks 1

No kettles allowed in any room.  Fire hazard.

But, you can get hot water (boiling hot) at the machine in the Neptune Lounge.  It’s open from approximately 7/7:30 am until around 7:30/8 pm IIRC.

You can also order hot water from service and the Lido has hot water for tea 24/7 ..

By the way, the Neptune Lounge has a nice assortment of teas IMO - different than the Lido - similar to the PG offereings.

1 hour ago, rbelshaw said:

did the forum search and was reminded that kettles are often called black by pots, and are sometimes full of fish

I have no clue what this means!  😂

Room service has hot water, as does the Lido.  The Neptune Lounge has hot water as well as a nice variety of Harney & Sons tea.   (Open from 7:00am thru 8:00pm on this month’s cruise.)  

I have a Nespresso machine (NS machines are MoCoffee but an espresso machine nonetheless) and, if you don’t put a pod in, it will express hot water.  Run it through a cycle a couple of times to clear the reservoir and warm your cup.

I think this is the type of kettle the OP is looking for.  - Contact Ship Services and who knows....If they are already on the ship for European trips - they are probably still stored away somewhere and would probably accommodate this.

image.thumb.png.da82b1cf2c83c4425ded3eeab0e67c03.png

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 1

The problem with some coffee makers is that when just want hot water for tea there is a lasting flavor from the coffee.  I think I have heard of some taking some vinegar and running it thru the machine prior to water for tea.  Possibly a good container that will hold hot water from the Lido would be good.  I remember the days when we packed one of those coils that we put in a cup to boil the water.  Hopefully The Inside Cabin gave the best solution.  Cherie

• Like 1

Thanks all for your replies. However, you have forced me to step out of the closet. It's not tea related,

My name is Rob and I...I...I am a coffee snob. I can drink anything, but much prefer my Peet's french roast, ground and drip brewed myself, and consumed in copious amounts.   If it turns out I can't have that, well, I shall survive and it's one less pound to carry.

I assumed they would have proper electric kettles on board, rather than risk mutiny by the British passengers.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rbelshaw said:

Thanks all for your replies. However, you have forced me to step out of the closet. It's not tea related,

My name is Rob and I...I...I am a coffee snob. I can drink anything, but much prefer my Peet's french roast, ground and drip brewed myself, and consumed in copious amounts.   If it turns out I can't have that, well, I shall survive and it's one less pound to carry.

I assumed they would have proper electric kettles on board, rather than risk mutiny by the 

Do you french press your coffee?  I also drink Peets coffee, usually major Dickason, and I bring my french press and use the hot water from the Lido buffet area and it is wonderful coffee. I buy a lb of coffee from publix before getting on the ship and it lasts the week. 

Edited by seagarsmoker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rbelshaw said:

I assumed they would have proper electric kettles on board, rather than risk mutiny by the British passengers.

You could use my travel system.  I have a cone for a single drip cup.  I simply place that under the maker.  If it doesn’t fit I use the hot water from the maker and pour.   It is the only feature of the Neptune Suite that has seriously tempted me