SYDNEY HOTEL March 2023

beatleman

9 hours ago, christodan said:

Chubbypiggy, if you are down at Circular Quay you should try out this place for a variety of places to eat.

https://www.gatewaysydney.com.au/dining-and-more 

Chat Thai is one of the best Thai restaurants in Sydney. The French crepe place is also excellent and cheap. Hurricanes have great steaks. And Messina Gelato is to die for !

Oh and maybe you do not realise this but you can eat at the Sydney Opera House if you are looking to do something special and memorable.

https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/visit-us/eat-and-drink/bennelong.html

Just checked the link, so many choices of restaurants.  Definitely will go check it out.  THANKS!!

5 hours ago, scottygirl said:

We are staying at the Four Seasons before our Jan 24 Ovation cruise.  Very affordable with the exchange rates right now.

Yes, I still can't believe the low price that I booked.  For a Deluxe Full Harbour view room (w/o breakfast), it is only AUD 585/night (so only about USD $375).  We have stayed in Four Season hotels in other countries (for example, L.A., Maui, Hong Kong, etc.) all for USD $1,200+/night.

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

Yes, I still can't believe the low price that I booked.  For a Deluxe Full Harbour view room (w/o breakfast), it is only AUD 585/night (so only about USD $375).  We have stayed in Four Season hotels in other countries (for example, L.A., Maui, Hong Kong, etc.) all for USD $1,200+/night.

Probably because you got in early, I have heard $1,000.

We stayed there a few times over the pandemic for $A150 .

Its a nice hotel and has the best location.

56 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Probably because you got in early, I have heard $1,000.

We stayed there a few times over the pandemic for $A150 .

Its a nice hotel and has the best location.

Excuse me if this is a dumb question,  I have seen it several time in CC of the symbol "$A...".  For example, your "$A150" means AUD 150?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Excuse me if this is a dumb question,  I have seen it several time in CC of the symbol "$A...".  For example, your "$A150" means AUD 150?

Correct, more commonly used on international websites but sometimes put as $150 AUD

2 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Can you imagine how expensive this is for Australians unless it is off peak or no ships are in port. 

Any wonder I usually stay at nearby Potts Point!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Can you imagine how expensive this is for Australians unless it is off peak or no ships are in port. 

Any wonder I usually stay at nearby Potts Point!

We just consider it as an extra day of our cruise, and are happy to pay for a room with a view of the ship, within reason.

For ships going to White Bay, it is awesome to watch your ship cruise past your window at Harbourside Apartments, Macmahons Point.

For CQ, Rydges has the rooftop pool. Super convenient, but very limited views from the room. Love the views from Quay Grand, Quay West, Shangri La, Four Seasons, North Sydney Harbourview.

Trying out the Marriot next week. I know the view will be of a tighter angle, but I know plenty that love the hotel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We just consider it as an extra day of our cruise, and are happy to pay for a room with a view of the ship, within reason.

For ships going to White Bay, it is awesome to watch your ship cruise past your window at Harbourside Apartments, Macmahons Point.

For CQ, Rydges has the rooftop pool. Super convenient, but very limited views from the room. Love the views from Quay Grand, Quay West, Shangri La, Four Seasons, North Sydney Harbourview.

Trying out the Marriot next week. I know the view will be of a tighter angle, but I know plenty that love the hotel.

I always stay longer than a day.  However, I splurged at the luxury Jamisons Hotel, inc breakfast, near Circular Quay once.  I agree It was wonderful to be able to see the ship.come in, then walk to the ship.  BTW It is the only hotel where I was charged for alcohol I didn't drink.  They reversed the charge without fuss so maybe not so unusual occurrence.  I have visited people in some of the luxury hotels around Circular Quay, with spectacular views.