Is this new???

chocolate melting cake

Yesterday, in the 5th inning of the Yankee game (they beat the Red Sox 7 to 5!) I saw an MSC commercial. I mentioned to my wife that I can't recall ever seeing an MSC ad before----she couldn't remember one either. Is this an indication that MSC is becoming more aggressive in competing for business, or have I just not noticed their ads before?

My wife just told me the same the other day — we live in France though. 
I remember seeing some commercials earlier (but not that often). 

Either they have some leftover money and feel this is the time, or the autumn forecast is not looking good.

Yes, lots of MSC commercials in Florida.  They really need to because people don't realize there is a new player in the US market and by seeing the commercials you can see how beautiful the ships are.  I'm not one to watch commercials, but when an MSC one comes on, I always watch or sing along to the songs.  They've had a few.  People even in Florida don't even know about MSC as we've been so accustomed to all the other cruise lines sailing out of our state forever.  

Edited by Native Floridian 26

I saw them on advertising boards during a UEFA champions league match and thought WOW! I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the 3 MSC cruise ships being used as hotels at the UEFA world cup in Quatar, I'm also pretty sure they will have had a large cash injection from this partnership.

On that particular venue? Yes, it may be new, but MSC is quickly expanding their advertising plans as they're diversifying their clientele base and cruising regions. On general? No, they've had several ads going elsewhere, including where I live here in Portugal. And to add to the count they even have a huge container transportation business here on which their logo is used on thousands of containers, some of them even painted with MSC cruises adverts! They're elsewhere here where I live.

2 hours ago, 77red96 said:

I saw them on advertising boards during a UEFA champions league match and thought WOW! I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the 3 MSC cruise ships being used as hotels at the UEFA world cup in Quatar, I'm also pretty sure they will have had a large cash injection from this partnership.

They're a major sponsor of the F1 Racing Circuit and their Logo is plastered along all the F1 race tracks around the world. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 77red96 said:

They are a sponsor of Chelsea football club, they have adverts running all around the ground boards. Including during the Champions League matches. 

• Thanks 1