Do you check-in online for 2nd part of b2b cruises?

luv2ndhalf

I always do but it isn't required.     It has come in handy a couple times.    We were on a B2B tour to Windsor out of Southampton.   One of us forgot to bring the Transit  Passes (I won't point fingers).   To get through the terminal door the needed a Transit Pass or a Boarding Pass.   Since I didn't have the Transit Pass I flashed the Boarding Pass and we were in and then just joined the other B2B's to pick up our new Sea Passes.

I think I do it for the feel good anticipation of a cruise.    Also I then use the app to do our safety briefing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I to have been wondering if you have to check-in for the 2nd part of a B2B.

It makes cense so you would have all bases covered.

I am still curious about testing on a B2B.

We are on a 4 Night 1st leg and 10 Night for 2nd leg.

I think they will test us sometime on the 4 Night ?

I am taking tests with me maybe they will accept my self test ?

3 hours ago, Sheltielover73 said:

do they still have you meet in a common area with the other b2b cruisers when the first leg is getting off the ship?

For those leaving the ship for a day on shore on turnaround day they will ring out with their leg 1 seapass card when leaving the ship and obtain a new seapass card from the pier coordinator.  

For those remaining on board they will meet the documentation officer at a designated location, ring out and once the ship has reached a zero count will use their new seapass cards to ring in.

4 hours ago, Sheltielover73 said:

do they still have you meet in a common area with the other b2b cruisers when the first leg is getting off the ship?

Yes   After all the guest are off the ship except B2B.   They process the B2B's    You tag off they give you a new card and then you Tag back on.   Sometimes on ship sometimes in port depend on where immigration is done.    You also have to do Immagration

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

I do because the one time I didn’t Guest Relations announced  over public address that I need to come see them.  They needed the credit card info, seems it didn’t carry over from sailing to sailing.

I find this curious as more than once when initially checking in they want to swipe my credit card even though on my check in and sometimes retake our photo.   Other times it automatically just passes over and we aren't requested for anything.

I found it interesting that when i did check in on a recent cruise using my PC when I went to passport information all my data came over from my first but Iain's said he was traveling with a driver's license (where that comes from is beyond me).     I used the app to scan in his passport.

Also my Credit Card details automatically came over from my first cruise.

7 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes for the reason @jelayne states.  If you checkin and register you credit card and provide photo they don't have to bother you about anything.   Otherwise they ask you to go to guest services to swipe your credit card.

How far in advance can we check in & register our credit card for all B2Bs?  When we register before the first of the B2B?

15 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

How far in advance can we check in & register our credit card for all B2Bs?  When we register before the first of the B2B?

You do it when On Line Checkin begins at 45 days.   You can changed it at any time even once on the ship.

• Thanks 1

I had 3x B2B and decided to add a 4th when the price dropped for the 4th while on the 1st - so I went to the future cruise desk. I had checked in for all three before leaving home and just forgot to do the fourth. It didn't click when during sailaway from some port I got a call from Celebrity asking if I'd been vaccinated nor did it click when security said they had to retake my picture on the gangway after we swiped in and out for the 4th. I had a letter towards the end of the cruise about not having a card on file but it did not trigger until the end of the cruise because of the OBC I had. I had to go down the last day to settle up as by then I had used up my OBC! Fortunately I was not having it announced over the PA! Will always be sure to check in now. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2022 at 3:39 PM, Northern Aurora said:

For those leaving the ship for a day on shore on turnaround day they will ring out with their leg 1 seapass card when leaving the ship and obtain a new seapass card from the pier coordinator.  

For those remaining on board they will meet the documentation officer at a designated location, ring out and once the ship has reached a zero count will use their new seapass cards to ring in.

This in not always the case.  Procedures differ depending on the country and the turnaround port.