Some advice for a first-time Celebrity Cruiser

NJRonbo

Hi everyone!

Been a long time since I have been on this forum.  Used to sail Princess often and used this forum to get great advice.  However, 15 years have gone by without a single cruise and I have been looking to return to cruising next Summer.

Have my eye on the Celebrity Summit out of Bayonne for July 2023.  This would be my first Celebrity cruise.

So, no surprise, cruise prices have escalated substantially since I last vacationed.

I looked on Celebrities site regarding a July cruise in a Concierge balcony room.  

For the best price, should I book now or wait until a specific time of year?   I mean right now, I have a great selection of cabin choices.  If I wait till next year, maybe not.

Any advice you can give to a first-time Celebrity cruiser on how to get the best booking value?

Thank you in advance

Very hard to say.   Many times the prices are best as soon as they are released.  However the summer 2023 sailings have been out for almost a year.  Beyond that it's really supply/demand and an occasional good promo.   The current promo has been going for over a month and frankly is pretty much smoke and mirrors (raise the price and discount).   We will be coming into "Wave Season" where historically there are some deals to be had.  Sometimes Black Friday has something decent as well.

My advise if if you see something you want to do at a price you are willing to pay then book it.   Celebrity will allow you to reprice to prevailing rate/promo at any time up to final payment date (90 days).   Just keep an eye out for price drops.

2 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Book the cabin you want now and keep watching for price drops.

Thank You

Okay, so I would be new to Celebrity.  I take it they will price match any promotion up until your final payment?  So, it would then be safe to leave a deposit at this point?  

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

Very hard to say.   Many times the prices are best as soon as they are released.  However the summer 2023 sailings have been out for almost a year.  Beyond that it's really supply/demand and an occasional good promo.   The current promo has been going for over a month and frankly is pretty much smoke and mirrors (raise the price and discount).   We will be coming into "Wave Season" where historically there are some deals to be had.  Sometimes Black Friday has something decent as well.

My advise if if you see something you want to do at a price you are willing to pay then book it.   Celebrity will allow you to reprice to prevailing rate/promo at any time up to final payment date (90 days).   Just keep an eye out for price drops.

Okay, understood.  Thank you everyone!

4 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Thank You

Okay, so I would be new to Celebrity.  I take it they will price match any promotion up until your final payment?  So, it would then be safe to leave a deposit at this point?  

They will price match until final payment but you'll have to keep an eye on your perks. Sometimes you lose them so you'll have to decide how important/expensive they are. 

5 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Thank You

Be very sure that you understand the terms and conditions of the fare that you are  booking.

Some fares would incur change fees or may not be refundable.

1 minute ago, Homosassa said:

Be very sure that you understand the terms and conditions of the fare that you are  booking.

Some fares would incur change fees or may not be refundable.

I'll read the fine print before I give a deposit.  May even pay the extra fee for an extended full deposit refund.

1 minute ago, NJRonbo said:

I'll read the fine print before I give a deposit.  May even pay the extra fee for an extended full deposit refund.

That's up to you, but remember you  can transfer a deposit to another cruise. They say it cost $100 to do so but we've never been charged (our Captain's Club status might have something to do with that)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Can I just ask what you find appealing with a Concierge class room?

I wanted to know the same thing.  An aft AQ room on deck 11 would be an option I'd have the OP consider if the up charge isn't crushing.

Definitely book your cabin that yo want now.  If indecisive if you will actually take it use either refundable deposit or know the penalties for changing or getting a FCC after $100 pp penalty

Many love the views from aft and they are sought after.   Some report they feel the ocean and hear the pods ... Something to consider.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Good question.  Priority embarking and disembarking.  Only reason, really.

One of the few true benefits to concierge class to me :  on M class ships (Summit is one), the concierge class rooms are about 20-25 sf larger than a standard balcony room.

• Like 1