Embarkation Lunch

JAN2321

Have been reading that one of the main dining rooms is open on embarkation day and we are going on Sky Princess in a couple of weeks and not a problem and understand it's usually the Estrella.  As we are suite passengers just wondered if the Club class dining is open for lunch.  Don't expect it will be and not a problem just wondered.  Anyone been on Sky recently and know if the menu for that lunch is the same as has been posted here for other ships and whether it opens at 11.30 or 12.  

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

It was open on the Caribbean Princess in Aug/Sept.  Did try it once.  Didn't think the menu was anything special to warrant trying to be first on the ship to get a table in the dining room.

In the past, it was the best lunch menu of the week. Though - I guess everyone has different favorites.

I like the dining room as opposed to the buffet. Much more civilized.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Coral said:

In the past, it was the best lunch menu of the week. Though - I guess everyone has different favorites.

I like the dining room as opposed to the buffet. Much more civilized.

Yes it is quieter in dining room but menu not enough for a mad rush to board the ship. I have always liked the first sea day menu

My favorite way to start a our cruise… sitting with our best friends,

in the Good Spirits bar, with our first cocktails…. until the Dining Room opens for lunch.  Although several choices for appetizers, main course and dessert, I’m truly there for the dessert!….. my first soufflé of the cruise! 😉😁❤️

After all the hustle and bustle with getting to the airport, flying, car service to the terminal, dropping off luggage, boarding process…. I am ready to sit & relax with a drink and a great lunch.  It always feels like home to me when I finally step on board.  4 Weeks to Go! ️🛳❤️

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, San10s said:

My favorite way to start a our cruise… sitting with our best friends,

in the Good Spirits bar, with our first cocktails…. until the Dining Room opens for lunch.  Although several choices for appetizers, main course and dessert, I’m truly there for the dessert!….. my first soufflé of the cruise! 😉😁❤️

After all the hustle and bustle with getting to the airport, flying, car service to the terminal, dropping off luggage, boarding process…. I am ready to sit & relax with a drink and a great lunch.  It always feels like home to me when I finally step on board.  4 Weeks to Go! ️🛳❤️

That's exactly how we like to start our cruise!  Especially that orange souffle for dessert  See you in 4 weeks!! 🙂

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, suejoe said:

That's exactly how we like to start our cruise!  Especially that orange souffle for dessert  See you in 4 weeks!! 🙂

Spinach ravioli, beef tenderloin and orange soufflé! Favorite lunch.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2022 at 8:42 AM, Coral said:

Spinach ravioli, beef tenderloin and orange soufflé! Favorite lunch.

if the first crew member you asks says only the buffet is open (which sadly sometimes is true depending on staffing), check the patter, the app, or ask agian...many crew don't know about the dining room open on embarkation day

• Like 2

Sorry. if I missed this!  But, does anyone have any info or link to the usual lunch menu?   

I haven't eaten Embarkation lunch in the dining room.  Last time we did Alfredo's, and might stick with that.   To many options to get in on a short cruise!

I see a couple of things mentioned mentioned.  Spinach Ravioli, and Souffle.   I wonder if the beef is worth trying?

1 hour ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Sorry. if I missed this!  But, does anyone have any info or link to the usual lunch menu?   

I haven't eaten Embarkation lunch in the dining room.  Last time we did Alfredo's, and might stick with that.   To many options to get in on a short cruise!

I see a couple of things mentioned mentioned.  Spinach Ravioli, and Souffle.   I wonder if the beef is worth trying?

it's in my live from the Sapphire (here: 

& a couple of posts later are more photos ...the beef the first day is not always great but on the Sapphire it was delicious

Edited by travelin.sisters