Celebration Cucina del capitano

saphir

Cucina is not free on the Celebration.  It is complimentary right now on the Mardi Gras.  Per Carnival...

Mardi Gras Reservations: For a limited time only, Chibang!, Smokehouse Brewhouse and Cucina del Capitano will be included in the guest's cruise fare. We are not taking reservations pre-cruise or on board for these three venues. Guests will be seated on a first come, first served basis depending on party size. If we cannot seat them immediately upon arrival, guests will be able to join a virtual waitlist using the HUB App. Guests will receive a notification via the HUB App when their table is ready. 

There may be the anticipation of doing the same when the Celebration sets sail.  

Yes I am sailing Celebration in June and it's not listed on my cruise manager either Saphir! 

You can pay & book this restaurant in advance.  I'm sailing on the Sunshine in December of this year and it is showing in my cruise manager. 

3 minutes ago, momoftwinboys09 said:

Cucina is not free on the Celebration.  It is complimentary right now on the Mardi Gras.  Per Carnival...

Mardi Gras Reservations: For a limited time only, Chibang!, Smokehouse Brewhouse and Cucina del Capitano will be included in the guest's cruise fare. We are not taking reservations pre-cruise or on board for these three venues. Guests will be seated on a first come, first served basis depending on party size. If we cannot seat them immediately upon arrival, guests will be able to join a virtual waitlist using the HUB App. Guests will receive a notification via the HUB App when their table is ready. 

Yes I am sailing Celebration in June and it's not listed on my cruise manager either Saphir! 

You can pay & book this restaurant in advance.  I'm sailing on the Sunshine in December of this year and it is showing in my cruise manager. 

According to John Heald, Cucina will be free on both Celebration and Jubilee.  You cannot book these ahead of time, you will not pay for them, and Anytime dining gets priority reservations until 7:30 just like on Mardi Gras.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, momoftwinboys09 said:

Cucina and chibang will be free on Excel class ships because they are an extension of the MDRs for dinner service. It would be impossible for these ships to accommodate everyone in the 2 existing MDRs which is why they designed 2 extra complementary restaurants. There are two key indications that this is the case. When Carnival paused dinner service in Cucina due to staff shortages earlier this year they didn't do it on the MardiGras. Additionally the menu in Cucina on the MGis different than the rest of the fleet, which accounts for it being a complementary restaurant vs a pay restaurant. Lastly as you can see you it's never available for advanced reservations like other pay restaurants. The Celebration actually holds more passengers than the MardiGras. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

Cucina, Chibang!, and the Smokehouse will be included on the Celebration.  I imagine it will be that way for the entire 2022/2023+  years.  As others said, it is an extension on those Excel ships. A  great one at that!

Edited by BrotherCraig
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Additionally the menu in Cucina on the MGis different than the rest of the fleet, which accounts for it being a complementary restaurant vs a pay restaurant.

Does anyone have details on the differences in the menu? Going to look now, will update if I find it. 

Just now, BrotherCraig said:

Cucina, Chibang!, and the Smokehouse will be included on the Celebration.  I imagine it will be that way for the entire 2022/2023 year.

And the year after that and after that, etc

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Wait.....The Pig & Anchor Smokehouse is free on Mardi Gras??  I thought it was a pay venue! What is the free menu for this restaurant? The only one I see lists prices for the items. 

Pig & Anchor is Included for lunch only-

2 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Not according to the link posted above, unless they have changed recently. 

Yes, sorry I am thinking of the other ships-in the process of planning for two cruises next year one on Horizon, one on Celebration

I don't think Carnival has yet etched in stone to advertise "free dining options." However, they appear to have continued to do it without an end date. Probably some sort of test to see how they can handle Excel dining flow, ticket price, value perception, etc. I love to see it. Solves a lot of complaints about dinner menus getting stale.

I heard that you have to do anytime dining to be able to get your preferred time at these venues (or more specifically, early). Is that the case? I'm torn what to do. I'd like to try some of these, but in all honesty, we really enjoy early dining in the MDR. 

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

I don't think Carnival has yet etched in stone to advertise "free dining options." However, they appear to have continued to do it without an end date. Probably some sort of test to see how they can handle Excel dining flow, ticket price, value perception, etc. I love to see it. Solves a lot of complaints about dinner menus getting stale.

I heard that you have to do anytime dining to be able to get your preferred time at these venues (or more specifically, early). Is that the case? I'm torn what to do. I'd like to try some of these, but in all honesty, we really enjoy early dining in the MDR. 

Yes that is true, but why can't you do early dining with YTD?