Semi-live Regal Mediterranean cruise & precruise

ghgeckos

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

ghgeckos was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

We headed to Barcelona for a week long precruise vacation. My spouse is Gluten-free and I’ll highlight all our GF dining experiences along our journey.

We flew British Airlines from the US to London then continued on to Barcelona. The airline did an excellent job of providing Gluten-free meals except the bread option was a rice cake. Be sure to bring your patience  when going through customs at Heathrow airport. The line we were waiting in was shut down due to a bag getting stuck in the X-ray machine. 🙄

We didn’t get to our hotel until midnight so our first day was spent sleeping and exploring La Rambla.  A friend let us know about several GF restaurants. We went to “My F—ing Restaurant” for the tasting menu. Everything on the menu is GF.

450EB174-4E69-445D-A6E2-FF6773AE09FC.thumb.jpeg.e49f3bbb6a161ebc91cbd12382dcf06f.jpeg

Edited by ghgeckos
  • Like 3

Following your report as we are in the Regal starting on 11/6 and in Barcelona foe a few days ahead.  Once you board, wondering how the dinner reservations is working.  When on the Emerald,  there were line for dinner even with reservations.   Enjoy Barcelona 

2 hours ago, Denmal said:

Once you board, wondering how the dinner reservations is working.  When on the Emerald,  there were line for dinner even with reservations.   Enjoy Barcelona 

I’ll let you know how this cruise’s reservations go, since my spouse is Gluten Free I made all my reservations months ago. This year on the Ruby and the Majestic I didn’t have any issues with my reservations. The most I had to wait was a few minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Denmal said:

Following your report as we are in the Regal starting on 11/6 and in Barcelona foe a few days ahead.  Once you board, wondering how the dinner reservations is working.  When on the Emerald,  there were line for dinner even with reservations.   Enjoy Barcelona 

Enjoy your precruise time in Barcelona, it is one of our favorite cities. This trip we rented an apartment and we’re enjoying the kitchen and extra space.

• Like 1

Thanks to you guys who take the time and effort to post, especially live!  We are counting the weeks before we board the Regal.  I am following here, and would love to see any information possible!  Who are in the positions in charge of Dining, Cruise Director, etc.  Maybe they have that info in the patter on the first day or two? 

I know that this could change when the ship gets back to Fort Lauderdale.

I know that the band Xcite has been onboard.  But will be taking some time off and then will be on another ship.  

Any info would be good!

36 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Who are in the positions in charge of Dining, Cruise Director, etc

Capt            Cruise Dir.         ED                   DRO           

Regal Princess

Aldo Traverso

Gary Golding

Alex Yepremian

Miroslav Repac

Just now, LACruiser88 said:

I was planning on starting it tomorrow evening as we leave for Tuscany on Monday morning (Oct 17th).

Marvellous!!  Something to read with my morning coffee.  I am very much looking forward to reading your comments.  I have a friend on the Regal as of today and I'm also going to be reading her blog.  What a great way to anticipate a cruise!!  🙂   It won't be long now.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Marvellous!!  Something to read with my morning coffee.  I am very much looking forward to reading your comments.  I have a friend on the Regal as of today and I'm also going to be reading her blog.  What a great way to anticipate a cruise!!  🙂   It won't be long now.  

We join the regal on 11/6 so I am interested also, Can you share your friend's blog - I am interested in all the Med Ports.  very excited as we have never been to any of these ports except for Barcelona

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

There have been lots of other "live from " reports on this itinerary. 

So no need to wait.

I was in Regal on the same cruise in May.

What do you want to know ?  

interested in what people did in the ports and princess tours. I guess I will have tohavea search for those reports

7 hours ago, Denmal said:

interested in what people did in the ports and princess tours. I guess I will have tohavea search for those reports

Princess tours are really expensive. We joined the roll call for our cruise,  and joined the tours that had been arranged  there. 

On 10/15/2022 at 2:12 PM, Denmal said:

We join the regal on 11/6 so I am interested also, Can you share your friend's blog - I am interested in all the Med Ports.  very excited as we have never been to any of these ports except for Barcelona

No problem.  Here you are.

https://draft.blogger.com/profile/11230294360762703894 

• Thanks 1