Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

We have berthed in Broome but unfortunately I don't think we'll be going ashore. I developed a nasty sore throat last night and a bit of a headache. I'm stuck in our cabin until the medical team comes to do a PCR test.

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We have berthed in Broome but unfortunately I don't think we'll be going ashore. I developed a nasty sore throat last night and a bit of a headache. I'm stuck in our cabin until the medical team comes to do a PCR test.

Oh No.   I wish you both a negative response once the medical team get to you.  Please let us know the answer.  Really starting to re-think the longer cruises, we might be better with a number of short ones.  Covid won't frighten me off, cruising may just have to be different, for a little while longer.

Edited by Rassa

46 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Oh Julie, I hope you haven''t picked up covid. Get some rest and look after yourself. Hope you get your PCR test done soon and they are quick with results.

51 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hi Folk. Don't have onboard internet, so catching up now. Hubby has tested pos for covid today in Broome. Cold like symptoms at the moment, hopefully doesn't get any worse. Have been very vigilant with our mask wearing, but have been to all shows, and elite lounge daily. Dinner in the dining rooms. Seems to be a lot of coughing going on as you walk around the ship. Wonder if people are are actually getting checked. Well we are cabin bound now for 5 days. I can still go out, but will be doing so very infrequently. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gazpam said:

Hi Folk. Don't have onboard internet, so catching up now. Hubby has tested pos for covid today in Broome. Cold like symptoms at the moment, hopefully doesn't get any worse. Have been very vigilant with our mask wearing, but have been to all shows, and elite lounge daily. Dinner in the dining rooms. Seems to be a lot of coughing going on as you walk around the ship. Wonder if people are are actually getting checked. Well we are cabin bound now for 5 days. I can still go out, but will be doing so very infrequently. 

Sorry to hear your husband has COVID and hope it remains mild. All the best.🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Take care 🥰🥰

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gazpam said:

Have been very vigilant with our mask wearing,

Sorry to hear about your husband, we like you are very vigilant about mask wearing as well when cruising just goes to shows nothing is 100% in stopping this virus.

I hope your husband doesn't get any worse.

• Like 1

Just now, gazpam said:

All the best to you both. I'm just waiting to be tested. Like you we were very vigilant about wearing our masks, only went to a few shows but did go to morning trivia most days. We've been dining in the MDR. I hadn't noticed much coughing but we spend most afternoons in the Sanctuary and dine late so miss the early rush in bars and MDR.

21 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

All the best to you both. I'm just waiting to be tested. Like you we were very vigilant about wearing our masks, only went to a few shows but did go to morning trivia most days. We've been dining in the MDR. I hadn't noticed much coughing but we spend most afternoons in the Sanctuary and dine late so miss the early rush in bars and MDR.

Hopefully you will get the all clear, and enjoy the next 3 ports.

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. 🤞 All the best to you both.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gazpam said:

Take care, and I hope hubby stays on top his symptoms and gets well soon.

There are no requirements for screening tests, and they will only test people who are presenting with symptoms + cabin contacts. People with minor symptoms can freely walk around untested, sharing it.

Coughing is also on the rise on Majestic ATM, and no masks required. We are 1/2 way through 11 nights, but wonder how this is going to look by the end too. Not just the coughing, but the cough etiquette is generally really bad too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm so sorry Julie.  It does sound like Covid which is such a shame.  If so, I hope you have a mild case.

I went to a Seniors Concert at Town Hall this morning and there were only a few Seniors wearing masks, inc. me.

2 hours ago, gazpam said:

Sorry to hear your husband has tested positive for covid.  Sounds like you have taken all precautions with your mask wearing.  

31 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sorry to hear your husband has tested positive for covid.  Sounds like you have taken all precautions with your mask wearing.  

Thankyou. Yes only other precaution would have been to stay off cruises, and that's not going to happen 😁

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sorry to hear you are unwell Julie, I hope your PCR test is negative. 

The PCR test was negative, which surprised me. I have to stay in isolation until tomorrow. They will test me again then and if I'm still negative I'm free to leave the cabin.

My throat is still sore and my sinuses feel a bit blocked now. Hopefully it's just a head cold.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The PCR test was negative, which surprised me. I have to stay in isolation until tomorrow. They will test me again then and if I'm still negative I'm free to leave the cabin.

My throat is still sore and my sinuses feel a bit blocked now. Hopefully it's just a head cold.

Great, hopefully just a head cold.

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Good news, the Good Spirits bar staff will miss you and Rolf tonight. Dining in cabin?

Edited by NSWP

Good news.

As experienced cruisers no doubt like all of us you would have had a sore throat and a cough or other symptoms on a trip before. What would everyone done in the same situation if Covid wasn't a thing. Rested looked after myself is what I would have done but definitely wouldn't need to test for anything. 

That's good news. I hope you are well soon.

25 minutes ago, pully8 said:

COVID-19: Almost 2000 trapped on Coral Princess cruise ship off WA coast after virus outbreak | PerthNow Media report.

100 positive on board? Take care all and hopefully mild. 

Media beat up, now they will scare the WA ports. How can they be stranded, irresponsible media reporting.

But in light of the current and very recent cases, The mask mandate should not have been removed by the cruiselines.

😷

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1