Mooning along the coast of Spain, Barcelona to Lisbon

Silver Spectre

1 hour ago, Silver Spectre said:

Valencia sunset

IMG_20221013_192020_1.jpg

Beautiful photo......thanks for sharing it with us😀.  I understand Rico is your CD....if you have an opportunity, give him a big hello from me. Thanks🙂

4 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Sounds like the cruise is OK, you seem to be enjoying yourself.  Thanks for taking the time to write and tag along.  Safe and healthy travels.

Cheers, I would say better than OK, it’s living up to expectations. Going on a wine tour this morning so will be able to assess the tour bus masking compliance.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Can you please tell me who the Hotel Director and Captain are.  How long will you be on board?  Would love to see you both again.

Hi there, Captain is Zanello, who was on here last year, HD is Daniele Franco, who was on the Shadow last September. We get off when the ship gets back to Lisbon on Oct 30th.

Not sure why but the Wifi on here is pretty bad, standard is really sluggish and the premium service is running at about of that on the Whisper in March. Even at 1am with most of the ship asleep it’s bad.

And of course my general bugbear, PressReader newspapers, on here the English ones are being loaded around 6pm!

Luckilythe weather is still good.

We have 210 Venetians onboard with 5 guests over 1000 days. So that’s an awful lot of newbies.

• Thanks 1

One thing that really sucked on this voyage was the imposition of a 21% Spanish Vat charge on every additional service onboard. This included La Dame, the Boutique, the Spa and any purchased service such as Premium Wine and the Premium Wifi.

Its not SS’s fault, but the authorities should be happy for cruising to return and not be gouging guests!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

One thing that really sucked on this voyage was the imposition of a 21% Spanish Vat charge on every additional service onboard.

Did SS disclose the fact they would be doing this at embarkation?  If not, what an unpleasant surprise.