Mooning along the coast of Spain, Barcelona to Lisbon

Silver Spectre

6 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Hoping for fair winds, plenty of Tiki and no yellow dots!

Boy, I sure do hope if there is no Tiki you’ll be able to find another acceptable white wine to enjoy. Recent reports from the Moon have been harrowing on the white wine front.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

IMG_20221011_183825_1.jpg

So the question is... Is that guy who is waving to you actually wearing pants? Or is the Silver Moon in danger of being mooned?

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

According to RCL Rico we have about 540 guests onboard with over 300 Americans and around 430 crew. So technically the ship is just about full. Gilbert is still MD and is due to go home next week in Lisbon.

Staffing levels are sort of ok, however we only have one hairdresser in the Spa, and he’s been extended twice so far, and no professional nail technician!

We do have a Botox and wrinkle fixing Dr though.

La Dame is only seating about 40 covers per evening because of the galley capabilities instead of the max of 60 seats it could handle.

There are still ongoing supply issues, mostly affecting top end items.

We have about 20 whites and 20 reds available, with an entire lake of Tiki.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After a fairly sunny afternoon we are about to depart for our next stop, Valencia. The Captain announced that we currently have zero COVID cases onboard. I would add, identified so far. Politely reminded another guest on the shuttle that he should have been wearing a mask, he replied “why?”. He then claimed not have read any instructions and I’m ashamed to say was British.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

After a fairly sunny afternoon we are about to depart for our next stop, Valencia. The Captain announced that we currently have zero COVID cases onboard. I would add, identified so far. Politely reminded another guest on the shuttle that he should have been wearing a mask, he replied “why?”. He then claimed not have read any instructions and I’m ashamed to say was British.

Ignorance is abound in all corners of the earth, not just from those who reside "across the pond".  I live in a State where I'm surrounded by people who denied the severity of Covid and refused to wear masks, but I would hope I'm not judged as being just like them because of where I live.   Sadly though I am, and know how how ashamed you might feel when you see a fellow countryman not putting forth their best.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

I was in Valencia last month.  It's a huge sprawl, hard to navigate.  The Central Market has fabulous architecture and the most spectacular food.  And don't miss the doorway to the Ceramics Museum.  Slightly over the top.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

Ignorance is abound in all corners of the earth, not just from those who reside "across the pond".  I live in a State where I'm surrounded by people who denied the severity of Covid and refused to wear masks, but I would hope I'm not judged as being just like them because of where I live.   Sadly though I am, and know how how ashamed you might feel when you see a fellow countryman not putting forth their best.  

I live in your state and the ignorance about Covid was breathtaking.  And I agree--we are not all the same just because we live in Texas!  Best wishes to everyone on the cruise and I hope all evade Covid.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fletcher said:

I was in Valencia last month.  It's a huge sprawl, hard to navigate.  The Central Market has fabulous architecture and the most spectacular food.  And don't miss the doorway to the Ceramics Museum.  Slightly over the top.

Agree, Valencia is hard to visit by cruise ship. Too big and too spread out. At least SS had a shuttle to/from the Old City which helped significantly. 

• Like 1

Feeling lazy today, so a joint decision to have a sea day. The weather is nice, sunny and about 25c.

It was Informal/Formal optional last night and was good to see lots of black tie conformity. I didn’t see anyone in a bar or restaurant who was improperly dressed.

We ate in Atlantide and apart from a slow start to service all was good. The show was the same old Mind that Gap, and the current set of Voices were rather unimpressive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can I ask Silver Spectre if there are still as many tables crammed into La T as there were a couple of weeks ago? It was quite a job getting through the tables if you were seated near the rear and no chance of social distancing.  I did discuss this with both Grant and Daniel and had hoped something would be done

We cancelled a future option on the Nova as we were worried if they would pack the restaurants too much

• Like 2

6 hours ago, beaujolais said:

Can I ask Silver Spectre if there are still as many tables crammed into La T as there were a couple of weeks ago? It was quite a job getting through the tables if you were seated near the rear and no chance of social distancing.  I did discuss this with both Grant and Daniel and had hoped something would be done

We cancelled a future option on the Nova as we were worried if they would pack the restaurants too much

Ate there this evening, but went around the left corner at 8:40, it was still pretty busy as too windy to sit outside. Unfortunately the ship is almost full do all restaurants are very busy. If you eat early it's much worse.

• Thanks 1