The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday October 15th, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

My biggest worry is that my oldest step-son has been diagnosed with both kidney and adrenal gland cancer.  Both are primary, but separate cancers.  ...Any spare prayers are appreciated!

🙏Prayers for your step-son, his wife, his medical team, and for the success of his surgical treatment.🙏

-Melisa 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm keeping those pictures as blackmail material, and I can hold them over her head!

Ann, I remember seeing the picture of @kazu Jacqui lighting Patrick's torch.  

3 hours ago, lazey1 said:

I have only been to Bora Bora once and yes I took Patricks tour. While with the sting rays one of the larger ones apparently got made at me and decided to goose me. Having that big animal force itself between my legs was quite frightening but several of our friends thought it was funny and took photos. Fortunately they do not post here in the Daily. Like @kazusaid some things are better left unseen. Bora Bora is hands down my favorite island and Patricks Tour is the best non-HAL excursion I have ever been on.

Jane

We took a snorkeling tour in Bora Bora where we also were with the sting rays.  They would swim up our legs with their underside skimming our legs.  It was a neat experience after the first time one skimmed our legs.

3 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Good afternoon.  It has been ages since I have been able to post!  Lots going on, and won't bore you with most of it!  I have laughed with you and cried with you, and have been reading the Daily, even if I couldn't post.

My biggest worry is that my oldest step-son has been diagnosed with both kidney and adrenal gland cancer.  Both are primary, but separate cancers.  Wednesday was an almost 6 hour surgery to remove adrenal and after about 2 months, the kidney removal will take place. He and his wife didn't break the news to any in the family till last Saturday.  They had gone thru the entire summer with testing, and then with the knowledge before surgery could be scheduled.  Any spare prayers are appreciated!  

I was supposed to be on the 150th Anniversary cruise of the Rotterdam, but had cancelled back in July.  Some of my friends had been wanting me to join them on a Hudson River cruise.  Late yesterday, a singled cabin opened up and I booked the cruise, airfare, and pre-cruise hotel after 4 pm yesterday!!!!!  I will go to Denver on Thursday or Friday, and we will be flying to LGA on 10/22 with departure on 10/23 for a 7-day cruise.  I will come home probably about 11/01!   Lots to do in less than a week, and I have Tuesday tied up with an all day Red Cross event that I had already agreed to work!

@kazu I can relate to car issues.  I had my car in for work that had been done in April (part order took 4 months to arrive).  Same problem started again, and it was in for work about 3 weeks ago.  After 2-1/2 days, it started again, after dealer thought it was fixed for good.  Now, my car is at the dealer with no date when they will give it back.  Waiting for a part (should come sooner), and I now have a loaner.  Hate the loaner, but I will deal with it, as it gets me from Point A to Point B.  If the car isn't back by Wednesday I may give the loaner back while I am on the river cruise!

One good thing, except for cruise is that we have had a beautiful month of perfect temps, and no wind!  Trees are loosing leaves, but the colors in my sub-division have been quite lovely.  Glad I don't have to clean up the mess,  as that is part of the HOA's problem.

Thanks to all who post here for the wonderful camaraderie that is shared!  Have a good evening.

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, I'm so very sorry your stepson was diagnosed with two different cancers.  I am sending positive thoughts that both surgeries and any further treatments take care of the cancers, and that he makes a full recovery.

Yeah for booking the Hudson River cruise and that you'll be sailing with friends.  I know you will have a wonderful time.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I’m late again today.  We are just enjoying our new digs and we only have one day left. 

Today was not as bright and sunny as the last few, but it was good enough.

We just enjoyed being up here on our patio and using our private pool. We also ordered room service and never went downstairs at all.  Talk about lazy!

All is well.

And there was another lovely sunset. And I will leave you with that.

Good night and God Bless,

Terri

06C05273-0CFA-4766-BCDD-6EB469EB778C.jpeg

Tetti, lazy sounds like a good way to spend your time in the penthouse.  I hope tomorrow is just as relaxing a day.  Thanks for the beautiful sunset picture.

Lenda

• Like 8

I started job 1 at 10 am, after I finished I fixed lunch, and then at 2 went to start job 2.  I was planning on working 6 hours, 3 hours each campaign, and I got a text at 3:30 form the boss,  that from now on we would stop working at 2 on Saturdays.  I wrote back and said,  that's great, but then I cant give you any hours on Saturday but can I work more hours during the week?  Then the BIG boss (the bosses boss)wrote back, and said we will continue to work as late as 4 on Saturday, and you can still give us more hours during the week.

So we got our meds picked up before the pharmacy closed,  we went and had dinner at a Chinese Buffet, and then did the grocery shopping for the week.  Finally , I will get a Sunday with no mandatory things to do.  i will try to catch up with some very necessary yard work.  Yay!

• Like 9

I am kind of late today as I spent more time than expected watching the Mariners/Astros baseball game.  It finally ended, Astros 1 and Mariners 0 in the 18th inning.  I wonder if that is a record number of innings for a baseball game.

Ray

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

I am kind of late today as I spent more time than expected watching the Mariners/Astros baseball game.  It finally ended, Astros 1 and Mariners 0 in the 18th inning.  I wonder if that is a record number of innings for a baseball game.

Ray

I wonder if it's the longest string of shutout innings in a single game.

Roy

• Like 3

12 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Good afternoon.  It has been ages since I have been able to post!  Lots going on, and won't bore you with most of it!  I have laughed with you and cried with you, and have been reading the Daily, even if I couldn't post.

My biggest worry is that my oldest step-son has been diagnosed with both kidney and adrenal gland cancer.  Both are primary, but separate cancers.  Wednesday was an almost 6 hour surgery to remove adrenal and after about 2 months, the kidney removal will take place. He and his wife didn't break the news to any in the family till last Saturday.  They had gone thru the entire summer with testing, and then with the knowledge before surgery could be scheduled.  Any spare prayers are appreciated!  

I was supposed to be on the 150th Anniversary cruise of the Rotterdam, but had cancelled back in July.  Some of my friends had been wanting me to join them on a Hudson River cruise.  Late yesterday, a singled cabin opened up and I booked the cruise, airfare, and pre-cruise hotel after 4 pm yesterday!!!!!  I will go to Denver on Thursday or Friday, and we will be flying to LGA on 10/22 with departure on 10/23 for a 7-day cruise.  I will come home probably about 11/01!   Lots to do in less than a week, and I have Tuesday tied up with an all day Red Cross event that I had already agreed to work!

@kazu I can relate to car issues.  I had my car in for work that had been done in April (part order took 4 months to arrive).  Same problem started again, and it was in for work about 3 weeks ago.  After 2-1/2 days, it started again, after dealer thought it was fixed for good.  Now, my car is at the dealer with no date when they will give it back.  Waiting for a part (should come sooner), and I now have a loaner.  Hate the loaner, but I will deal with it, as it gets me from Point A to Point B.  If the car isn't back by Wednesday I may give the loaner back while I am on the river cruise!

One good thing, except for cruise is that we have had a beautiful month of perfect temps, and no wind!  Trees are loosing leaves, but the colors in my sub-division have been quite lovely.  Glad I don't have to clean up the mess,  as that is part of the HOA's problem.

Thanks to all who post here for the wonderful camaraderie that is shared!  Have a good evening.

Mary Kay

Our prayers 🙏 are heading your way Mary Kay for your oldest stepson in his cancer battle.

G&P.

• Like 4