Not what I expected

gelli8112

Love all of this  . Well we are Diamond for ever because we are Elite Plus with Celebrity  , We have no  idea how many RCL cruises we would need to reach  D+

We still get the 4 drink daily & the  Diamond   Lounge😁

On Celebrity cruises we do get more perks    but we still like RCL for certain cruises 

19 hours ago, gelli8112 said:

Well, it finally happened. Today, six days after stepping off the Allure the Seas, I checked my crown and anchor status and it's purple. I have finally reached diamond +. 

I missed the Press Release 😉

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, gelli8112 said:

Well, it finally happened. Today, six days after stepping off the Allure the Seas, I checked my crown and anchor status and it's purple. I have finally reached diamond +. 

Now don't get me wrong, it feels pretty good. I'm loyal to royal and I'll take all the perks that I can get, but I was expecting a little more. 

Was I wrong to expect a diamond 💎 anchor to fall from the sky from the ghost of the Song of Norway. Am I the only person that thought I would receive a call from Jason Liberty, just to say what's up. 

Shucks at a minimum, I expected to be offered a cameo appearance on the Royal Caribbean blog. 

You know what I just realized, it's the weekend. I'm sure all those things will happen on Monday. 

Happy cruising. 

Don't worry, John Heald will be calling you in 5, 4, 3, 2, ........

9 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I'd rather have a scepter (or a sceptre if you're English).

I'm German actually, but you can have your scepter, your staff, your rod, your pole, your shaft or  whatever you wish to call it. Shine it up real nice, turn it sideways, and use it to bring joy to a aimless hobo.  Happy Cruising. 

On 10/15/2022 at 12:00 PM, gelli8112 said:

Now don't get me wrong, it feels pretty good. I'm loyal to royal and I'll take all the perks that I can get, but I was expecting a little more. 

Was I wrong to expect a diamond 💎 anchor to fall from the sky from the ghost of the Song of Norway. Am I the only person that thought I would receive a call from Jason Liberty, just to say what's up. 

Shucks at a minimum, I expected to be offered a cameo appearance on the Royal Caribbean blog. 

You know what I just realized, it's the weekend. I'm sure all those things will happen on Monday. 

Happy cruising. 

We were on the October 2-9th Harmony cruise? I just hit Diamond Plus on that one. Ironically, I received an email that was meant for my girlfriend yesterday, congratulating her on becoming Diamond!? Royal's IT at its finest! We now have 179 points actually showing in both of our accounts, as of yesterday. The points are correct. A little "off", congratulating us on "Diamond" status.

Edited by FireEMT978

On 10/15/2022 at 5:55 PM, taglovestocruise said:

👍

I want the number of the TA involved who can help transform from a D to D+ for $5,000 😁!!! So many things have changed in life. My parents used to reward me only if I went from D to a B in school. I do not think they would be toasting my D to D+. I would keep this under the radar for now 🙃.

19 hours ago, BLiles1961 said:

Be careful with the scepter. It's actually the toilet brush from your cabin bathroom.

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." (Hamlet) Now we know what was causing all of the stink around the king.🤣 He was waiving it around as he made his royal decrees.

1 hour ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

That's the Diamond Superior level...

They also place, in your cabin (any cabin you are in) restroom, a full time attendant that hands you a paper towel when you are finished washing your hands.  It does get kinda tight in there though.

12 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

We were on the October 2-9th Harmony cruise? I just hit Diamond Plus on that one. Ironically, I received an email that was meant for my girlfriend yesterday, congratulating her on becoming Diamond!? Royal's IT at its finest! We now have 179 points actually showing in both of our accounts, as of yesterday. The points are correct. A little "off", congratulating us on "Diamond" status.

At least they sent you an email. It would have been nice if it was correct. Congrats on becoming D+  

10 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

Great post. We were on the second week of a b2b on our anniversity when we hit the magic number. Likewise no bells went off but I would say that moving forward you will enjoy some of the upgrads. Congratulations. 

Thank you. I hope so. 

On 10/17/2022 at 6:14 AM, Engineroom Snipe said:

I want the number of the TA involved who can help transform from a D to D+ for $5,000 😁!!!

it is actually doable using offseason solo insides or Oceanview, especially if you can catch no solo supplement sailings. Not easy, but doable. Easier if they give you your solo points for a no-show when you book an inside guarantee.

4 hours ago, RedIguana said:

it is actually doable using offseason solo insides or Oceanview, especially if you can catch no solo supplement sailings. Not easy, but doable. Easier if they give you your solo points for a no-show when you book an inside guarantee.

OK, now you have thrown the gauntlet down 😲. I may have to think much further out-of-the-box, VERY out-side-of-box. I love the most famous quote of all time, "Not easy, but doable." I cannot argue that one. Time to put my creative cap on top of my receding hair line.

Not easy, but doable. Oh, you have really gone there 😉. Now I have to make the doable easy. What a conundrum.

You made this into another post conundrum post. We are talking advanced linguistics,  you started it, not my fault 😇. I need my blanky, time to get some rest 😴.

12 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

OK, now you have thrown the gauntlet down 😲. I may have to think much further out-of-the-box, VERY out-side-of-box. I love the most famous quote of all time, "Not easy, but doable." I cannot argue that one. Time to put my creative cap on top of my receding hair line.

For example, there are some 8 night cruises out of Baltimore in the next few months that a solo traveler would pay roughly $686 for cruise, port charges, and taxes. Add $120 for gratuities, and you are at $806. 6 cruises at that length and price would be $4836, and yield 96 C&A points. Only takes 90 to go from D to D+. There may even be a few a little cheaper, I just did a quick mock booking on one.

• Like 1

Your Cruise:

8 Night Southeast Coast & Perfect Day
  • Aboard: Enchantment of the Seas
  • Departing from: Baltimore, Maryland
  • Departs: Fri, November 11, 2022
  • Returns: Sat, November 19, 2022
Number of Guests: 1
Rate Type: Senior Rate
Room Type: ZI (Interior)
Room Number:
Bonus Offers

Cruise Fare & Port Charges
Taxes & Fees
Guest1
Cruise Fare & Port Charges$427.50
Taxes & Fees$222.86
Cruise Fare & Port Charges:
$427.50
Taxes & Fees:
$222.86
Total:
$650.36

8 hours ago, RedIguana said:

For example, there are some 8 night cruises out of Baltimore in the next few months that a solo traveler would pay roughly $686 for cruise, port charges, and taxes. Add $120 for gratuities, and you are at $806. 6 cruises at that length and price would be $4836, and yield 96 C&A points. Only takes 90 to go from D to D+. There may even be a few a little cheaper, I just did a quick mock booking on one.

I enter a guilty plea, your honor 🤑. Your logic and accounting skills make sense. The only caveat is that I do not travel alone for I am still married to my first wife 😁. Extrapolating your vision might cost a bit more in my case for two people. On average, after adding gratuities and parking (or airfare), I arrive at about $200 per night for two people on some of my thrifty cruises. Each of us gets one point per night. Getting 96 C&A points each would be more like $19,000.

I do like your math and creativity. Going single on a cruise without my fabulous wife might be bad for my health 😵 and cost me much more than C&A points 😱.

I choose life 😉.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I do like your math and creativity. Going single on a cruise without my fabulous wife might be bad for my health 😵 and cost me much more than C&A points 😱.

I choose life 😉.

And that is the not easy part 🤣. One of these days I will have to try an inside. I might find I get the best sleep of my life.

• Haha 1