12:25 PM Flight out of Miami

newfielover

If you mean going home, I don't think it should be a problem, barring some really unusual situation where the ship docks very late.  (Unlikely).

You can choose to do self-embark and get off very early, but I don't think it is necessary.   With that flight time you will probably get one of the earlier debark times anyway.  We have easily made flights around 12.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, newfielover said:

I am sailing on Oasis of the Seas April 9-16, and I can’t wait! We sail out of Miami, could I make a 12:25 flight out of the Miami Airport?  Thanks for the help 😃

Yes, a 12:25 flight is fine.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pittnh said:

what is the earliest recommended time?  Would 10:30 be pushing it? 

It's possible if you get off the ship early.  MIA isn't that far from the cruise terminal and it's a straight shot once on the freeway.  Airport security at MIA will be the longest wait but they do sometimes let people whose flight is being boarded to bypass the line and go to the front, much to the chagrin of people who have been waiting.  It's still a fairly fast process considering the number of people who go thru MIA daily. 

I think I already know the answer, but to confirm with others - how risky would it be to book an 11:00 AM flight on Dec 30th out of FLL (to Toronto, Canada) after disembarking our Freedom of the Seas cruise at the Port of Miami? We would plan to carry our own luggage off the ship as soon as we are allowed, and I realize we can't control unforeseen delays with the ship docking. 

There look to be 7 ships docking in Miami that morning: Freedom is scheduled to dock at 6 AM together with Valiant Lady, and the remaining 5 after.  There will be four ships docking at Port Everglades that morning (Odyssey and Liberty of the seas at 6 Am, ms nieuw Amsterdam and Celebrity Apex docking at 7 AM). 

Edited by peacefrogdog

42 minutes ago, peacefrogdog said:

I think I already know the answer, but to confirm with others - how risky would it be to book an 11:00 AM flight on Dec 30th out of FLL (to Toronto, Canada) after disembarking our Freedom of the Seas cruise at the Port of Miami? We would plan to carry our own luggage off the ship as soon as we are allowed, and I realize we can't control unforeseen delays with the ship docking. 

There look to be 7 ships docking in Miami that morning: Freedom is scheduled to dock at 6 AM together with Valiant Lady, and the remaining 5 after.  There will be four ships docking at Port Everglades that morning (Odyssey and Liberty of the seas at 6 Am, ms nieuw Amsterdam and Celebrity Apex docking at 7 AM). 

What is the next flight to Toronto (after that 11am)?

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

What is the next flight to Toronto (after that 11am)?

445 pm for a direct. Assuming the earliest they will let us check our bags and go through security is 4 hours before flight time, we would have to wait in the FLL airport for ~ 3 hours. Not the worst problem to have I guess.

There is also one departing at 1240 pm but it connects in Ottawa, Canada for for 3 hours. So waiting in FLL or in Ottawa if the 11AM flight is too risky.

3 minutes ago, peacefrogdog said:

445 pm for a direct. Assuming the earliest they will let us check our bags and go through security is 4 hours before flight time, we would have to wait in the FLL airport for ~ 3 hours. Not the worst problem to have I guess.

There is also one departing at 1240 pm but it connects in Ottawa, Canada for for 3 hours. So waiting in FLL or in Ottawa if the 11AM flight is too risky.

"Direct" or "non-stop"? That can be two different things.

Yes, 11am out of FLL after disembarking in Miami is going to be a challenge, if for no other reason you will be arriving at FLL in the middle of the typically huge rush from Port Everglades as well.

22 minutes ago, peacefrogdog said:

You will probably get various responses but personally, I would take one of the later flights and take the stress off about "gotta go, gotta go, get to the airport asap".  Take the 12:40 if you want to leave earlier and not worry.......and if a direct is something you can't live without, well only you know you best. In the grand scheme of things, I would take the 12:40 and a 3 hour wait? That is really not bad at all.

2 hours ago, peacefrogdog said:

You might investigate disembarkation ship excursions that drop you off at the airport in time for your flight.