Quest leaving NYC October 16, 2022

FlyingScotSailors

It was a beautiful sail away yesterday

we are very happy on the Quest!

.the restaurant was open for breakfast and today is a port day!!

great dinner in the restaurant last evening and the vast majority of guest dined there..:very good and attentive service from lovely crew members

enjoyed embarkation lunch and todays breakfast at the colonnade outside

very pleased so far with our first Quest sailing and any minor stuff has been pleasantly  taken care of

Nancy

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 10

I am on Board as well. So far, excellent in every aspect. 

room stewards are wonderful.  Very attentive. Love the big water bottles that they continually replace. And a full ice bucket every day in the fridge. 

dinner at TK Sunday was excellent. Met the wine steward who is a great guy.  Last night ( formal night) dinner at the restaurant was also good.  Food a solid A,    Dinner was not very formal, unfortunately.  I had a dinner jacket and bow tie. Maybe 4 or 5 others truly formal.  Maybe half of the rest in suits/jackets and ties.  I guess that age has passed - although I will not go gentle 

staff at all food venues have been great. Several already refer to us by name and remember previous requests.  Excellent service.  

I had booked 5 ship excursions and now 2 are cancelled.  Annoying but oh well

Seaborne square is quite busy.  Had a problem of my own doing and one rep spent hours helping me resolve it.  So I spent a lot of time there.  Many many many people come down asking for help with the Seabourne Source app.  The demographic on this cruise is not ready for a paperless, all digital experience.  “What do you mean you can not print out my itinerary?!”   To be fair, the app is less than perfect and -add to it - a too weak Wi-Fi signal - still a lot of work for seaborne to do in that regard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for posting, and I am glad that overall, your experience is so far so good despite a couple glitches.

Please continue to post anything and everything you feel up to, without compromising your experience.

Enjoy!

On 10/17/2022 at 3:29 PM, nancygp said:

It was a beautiful sail away yesterday

we are very happy on the Quest!

.the restaurant was open for breakfast and today is a port day!!

great dinner in the restaurant last evening and the vast majority of guest dined there..:very good and attentive service from lovely crew members

enjoyed embarkation lunch and todays breakfast at the colonnade outside

very pleased so far with our first Quest sailing and any minor stuff has been pleasantly  taken care of

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

Happy to hear that things seem to be getting better on Quest. 

We took advantage of the 20% FCC they gave us and have booked Ovation for 12 nights Reykjavik to Copenhagen at the end of May next year. It goes to several places we have wanted to see, and if the last few Toronto Springs are any indication, it won't impinge on "swimming pool season"!!😁

Larry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were trying to book a future cruise onboard this morning and we were told that there isn’t anyone working in the future cruises desk at all today.  Is this normal on the last day of the cruise?  

2 hours ago, Lk2324 said:

We were trying to book a future cruise onboard this morning and we were told that there isn’t anyone working in the future cruises desk at all today.  Is this normal on the last day of the cruise?  

Was there a Seabourn Club representative working at the future cruise desk yesterday or the day before? If the answer is yes, my guess is that he/she is quaranteed because of Covid. I doubt that Seabourn has a spare representative that can work on the future cruise desk.

9 hours ago, Lk2324 said:

So I have to believe that if you are wanting to book another cruise, that your journey on Quest went well?

I hope the future booking was secured as well 

16 hours ago, CalmSea said:

Was there a Seabourn Club representative working at the future cruise desk yesterday or the day before? If the answer is yes, my guess is that he/she is quaranteed because of Covid. I doubt that Seabourn has a spare representative that can work on the future cruise desk.

I just got off the quest and the seabourn club representative  was in isolation but it wasn’t covid, I believe she has the flu…this was the last 2 days of the cruise…if one needed assistance, the folks in guest services in the square could help

Nancy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nancygp said:

I just got off the quest and the seabourn club representative  was in isolation but it wasn’t covid, I believe she has the flu…this was the last 2 days of the cruise…if one needed assistance, the folks in guest services in the square could help

Nancy

Would you book sailing on Quest again Nancy? Were your expectations met on the quality of food and service, and overall felt that Seabourn was a high value for your vacation time and money? 

11 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Would you book sailing on Quest again Nancy? Were your expectations met on the quality of food and service, and overall felt that Seabourn was a high value for your vacation time and money? 

Yes, obviously based on itinerary…I booked another cruise while onboard the quest..a different seabourn ship

yes to the rest of your questions…we all have different expectations,wants, needs..etc…I personally wouldn’t make my decision based on reading info on social media sites like this one 

Nancy

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, nancygp said:

Yes, obviously based on itinerary…I booked another cruise while onboard the quest..a different seabourn ship

yes to the rest of your questions…we all have different expectations,wants, needs..etc…I personally wouldn’t make my decision based on reading info on social media sites like this one 

Nancy

Very wise Nancy 😁

• Like 1