Luggage Tags

Old Soulja

Question : I have sailed on X a few times and always either received tags or printed them out.

I don't recall when they are actually available.

I am exactly 30 days out, no option to get tags on mobile app app or computer.

I know that worst option is porters will tag you bags, pre printed tags are much better.

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Whenever cruise docs post they are in the Documents also Near the Check In button  there will be a link to the luggage tags and you can print directly without you docs.

Thank you sir, you are a wealth of cruise knowledge !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

For a more VIP experience show up tagless and let the porters take care of it.  Always get my bags when the porters use their tags, I did "lose" one bag which was at guest services where presumably the tag fell off which I stapled at the hotel.

Sure.. for sake of feeling like a VIP, making the porter's jobs a little more difficult and time consuming is a wonderful idea  They're not THAT busy during check-in anyway.  And if there's a queue, I'm sure people won't mind waiting for the porter to fill out a bunch of missing luggage tags either.

Edited by DenGNNJ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The tags you can print out from the last page of your edocs are awful.  Unless you print them on something other than regular printer paper they easily tear off.  Paper stapled together is a bad idea.  Always was.  We put a string tag on each bag with our cabin number.

Last two cruises there was a volunteer at a table tagging bags.  We then handed them to a porter one cruise.  Weput them on a luggage cart ourselves the other.  Did not delay anyone

• Like 1

Yup.  What you

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

IMG_20161212_161333043.jpg.fd5c31f0d28f1efe5a2c231a7ff303f9.jpg

Yup.  What you didn't show are the nearly indestructable 'aircraft' wires with which they're attached.  I'd expect to see a suitcase handle come off before one of these things came loose.

20221017_182042.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yup.  What you didn't show are the nearly indestructable 'aircraft' wires with which they're attached.  I'd expect to see a suitcase handle come off before one of these things came loose.

Yeah,  *that's* the ticket!! (with apologies to Jon Lovitz...)

58 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yup.  What you

20221017_182042.jpg

Yes, for our August cruise we used these  plastic sleeves (inexpensive from Amazon) and they worked like a charm!  (Printed the tags before we left home and put them in the plastic sleeves; attached them to our  luggage after leaving the airlines 🙂.  )

Call me a Big spender too I got the plastic tag covers about six years ago or 12 or so cruises.

We have checkin in some heavy rains. But with cable loop and plastic cover all luggage have always made it to the cabin. Oh yes we printed them on 8 1/2”X 11 copy paper. Easy peasy

why make things difficult?

Edited by tugboat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Where did you get the cable loops?  They look like a good idea.  I purchased my plastic tag covers about 5 years ago but they did not come with any means of attachment (they do already have the holes for loops or whatever).

4 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Call me Mister Big Spender, but for a couple of bucks you can get the plastic luggage tag holders from Amazon specifically designed for Celebrity luggage tags. Saves a lot of drama if you drop bags off before parking. 

These are wonderful!  We’ve used ours for several cruises.  They are now filled with the tags for our upcoming Beyond cruise . . . Ready to be attached before we leave our NYC hotel for Bayonne😊

1 minute ago, Wombat706 said:

Where did you get the cable loops?  They look like a good idea.  I purchased my plastic tag covers about 5 years ago but they did not come with any means of attachment (they do already have the holes for loops or whatever).

Our plastic holders came with wire loops; very secure.

1 hour ago, Wombat706 said:

Part of the package:

https://www.amazon.com/Celebrity-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Cruise/dp/B07WPW9MJH

• Like 2

I printed mine, then laminated & punched hole at top. Will attach with zip ties. If you don’t have a laminator you can use packing tape on both sides to keep them from tearing. This method also protects them from getting wet. Works like a charm!

You can get plastic luggage tag holders online that are designed for Celebrity luggage tags. We've done this a couple of times and never had an issue of "lost tags".  ALSO-- If you print your tags, you can go one extra step, and highlight important parts on the tag, ex: class, cabin number, etc.  That's make it a bit easier for the crew to get your luggage to your cabin.  Happy cruisin'! 

• Like 1

Another vote for the Amazon bullet proof holders.

I do recommend getting the bigger size, however, on the off chance that you might plan a cruise on another line at some point. 

The Celebrity tags will fit fine in the bigger holders, but HAL, Princess and other tags will not fit in the slim holders advertised for X and RC. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Call me Mister Big Spender, but for a couple of bucks you can get the plastic luggage tag holders from Amazon specifically designed for Celebrity luggage tags. Saves a lot of drama if you drop bags off before parking. 

This is what I do.  The tag holders are inexpensive 

• Like 1

I'm another big fan of the Amazon plastic holders.   I bought my set about 6 years ago and all are still in good shape.     I leave them on my bags (empty) when flying in for cruises so obviously they take a beating but they are all still in good serviceable condition. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Wombat706 said:

Ours came with the cable loops.