LIVE from Anthem of the Seas Transatlantic October 2022

laurieal

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

Another question I have is in regard to indoor space.   Since we will be sailing from New Jersey toward the end of November, I'm guessing we won't be spending a ton of time out on the pool deck for the first day or two.  Do you feel there is enough indoor spaces around the ship to not feel overcrowded?  Thanks again.  Looking forward to more of your review.  Have a wonderful time!

Lots of indoor space on Quantum class.

Enclosed solarium

Indoor pool (replaced with a 2nd outdoor pool on Odyssey)

Two70

SeaPlex

Music Hall

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whoa! What is this? Is this what I think it is? It looks like a circular pool where you walk against the current, like for physical therapy or exercise. Is that correct?? And if so, do they also have one at the indoor pool area? I was on Ovation of the Seas in 2019, which I understand is the sister ship to Anthem, but I didn't see anything like this.

whatsthis.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

Whoa! What is this? Is this what I think it is? It looks like a circular pool where you walk against the current, like for physical therapy or exercise. Is that correct?? And if so, do they also have one at the indoor pool area? I was on Ovation of the Seas in 2019, which I understand is the sister ship to Anthem, but I didn't see anything like this.

whatsthis.jpeg

Generally it is mainly kids using it and it does have a flow but I guess it could be used to walk against the current.  I enjoy going in it late in the day when kids are gone and just floating around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandomUser123 said:

I will be on the next Anthem Cruise Oct 29th out of Cape Liberty, cannot wait!!! Please make sure to keep the ship nice and clean for me 🙂

I will try my best not to spill any drinks 🤞

Where is the Anthem heading after the crossing? I hope you’ll have a wonderful time. 

1 hour ago, chucknmarilyn said:

I did not know this! Is this an extra perk just on this Anthem sailing?

It looks like it’s for this sailing only. It was written  on the C&A welcome letter in our staterooms on Day 1. 

Others have mentioned that it can happen when there are a lot of Diamond and higher members or when the coffee machine is broken in the Diamond Lounge. In this case it’s most likely the former because the coffee machine is alive and well. 

Edited by laurieal

On 10/18/2022 at 4:17 AM, njkruzer said:

As D+ apparently we also get a free daily non-alcoholic Specialty coffee.  That's for dh.

Didn't know this. Is it loaded to the card, or how does it work? Is it printed on the welcome flyer as well? Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, seapad said:

Didn't know this. Is it loaded to the card, or how does it work? Is it printed on the welcome flyer as well? Thanks! 

ha ha...I'm answering my own question. Looks like it's already been discussed here. never mind me 🙂 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Thank you for the fantastic review.  Absolutely loving it.  Following along as I await our first time on this class of ship.  We are sailing Nov. 20 with 4 adults and a 16-year-old grandson.  We have 3 cabins on Deck 10 as well.  Fairly close to the rear elevators.   Does Deck 10 seem to be a pretty good location to get to most venues?   Another question I have is in regard to indoor space.   Since we will be sailing from New Jersey toward the end of November, I'm guessing we won't be spending a ton of time out on the pool deck for the first day or two.  Do you feel there is enough indoor spaces around the ship to not feel overcrowded?  Thanks again.  Looking forward to more of your review.  Have a wonderful time!

For now, Deck 10 seems like a good location and I don’t have anything bad to say about it. However, I also don’t really have anything to say in favour of that deck over the other ones. Perhaps someone who has more experience with this class of ship would like to comment? 

Being close to the aft elevators, you will be able to access the dining rooms, Two70, the Windjammer and the Seaplex quite quickly. 

This ship seems built to sail in colder weather with a lot of indoor spaces. We haven’t had the best weather and the indoor spaces feel more crowded than I would expect if people were out sunbathing, but I wouldn’t say they feel overcrowded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, laurieal said:

I left and headed for bed, having once again failed to use all four of my drink vouchers despite starting earlier. Maybe I’m just a three vouchers type of person

If you don’t feel like day drinking and you have any vouchers left, stop by any bar on your way back to your cabin in the evening, and get some unopened cans or bottles of anything and take back to your cabin.

I’m not really a day drinker anymore, and I drink martini’s, so I’m not going to be drinking 5 of those in the evening, or I would end up on Youtube.

Also, since I’m a solo traveler, if I happen to be chatting with someone for a while, I may get them a drink. You can share these.

Debbie

PS I love your live reports. I will be boarding the Wonder TA on the 30th, and I loved your review.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mpdahmer said:

Our friends Aunt and Uncle are on the ship with you somewhere...hope the weather isn't too bad and the seas stay as calm as possible. We will sail on her mid-November, cannot wait!!!

Weather calming down.  Trying to avoid storm in the Atlantic. Our stop in the Azores is unsure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clochette said:

Generally it is mainly kids using it and it does have a flow but I guess it could be used to walk against the current.  I enjoy going in it late in the day when kids are gone and just floating around.

When I was on the Anthem it was very popular with both kids and adults.  We walked WITH the current and it pushed you along as an oncoming wave would. If you picked up your feet, there was a great feeling as you were forced forward. 

Enjoy

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I’m not really a day drinker anymore, and I drink martini’s, so I’m not going to be drinking 5 of those in the evening, or I would end up on Youtube.

So, do you have a youtube channel??? J/K been there, done that!!!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Badatz2 said:

When I was on the Anthem it was very popular with both kids and adults.  We walked WITH the current and it pushed you along as an oncoming wave would. If you picked up your feet, there was a great feeling as you were forced forward. 

Enjoy

Was it only at the outside pool or did they have one at the indoor pool as well? Also, was it heated? 

• Like 1

We are trying to go around a storm in the Atlantic.  A number of doors to outside decks have been closed.  Dh has just told that Spectra's Cabaret for tonight has been canceled because of the ship's movement.  Reservations moved to another evening. 

• Like 1

We were on the Anthem for two weeks this summer.  We found that breakfast in the dining room was a favorite way to start the day.  Breakfast in the WJ and the Solarium tended to be lukewarm at best.  I was surprised to see the empty chairs in the Solarium the first day at sea.  We had quite a few days at sea and you had to get a chair no later than 7:30 AM or you were out of luck until mid afternoon.  I have never seen chairs taken so early in the morning.  They were definitely monitoring and marking chairs that were empty so people rarely left their chairs.  I think because the weather many seas days was cool/cold that everyone wanted to be in the Solarium.  I am enjoying your review as it is fun to see the ship I was just on. Have a great time!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, laurieal said:

We Will Rock You is scheduled for Day 10 and 11 and I’ll make sure not to miss it. It looks like a lot of fun.

Have you sailed on this class of ship before?

We haven't been on this class of ship before, but we're booked to sail on Odyssey TA in October 2023, so you're review will be helpful for then.   

Enjoying your review as always, whilst getting ready to sail back on Wonder TA to Orlando.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crzndeb said:

If you don’t feel like day drinking and you have any vouchers left, stop by any bar on your way back to your cabin in the evening, and get some unopened cans or bottles of anything and take back to your cabin.

Also, since I’m a solo traveler, if I happen to be chatting with someone for a while, I may get them a drink. You can share these.

Debbie

PS I love your live reports. I will be boarding the Wonder TA on the 30th, and I loved your review.

Someone suggested bringing some unopened cans to my stateroom on my last cruise and I thought it was a really good idea. I ended being a running joke with my friends because I would keep forgetting to put the cans in the fridge and I would end up carrying a bunch of cans around in my backpack 😂 

Sharing is a good idea! I could turn it into a Scavenger Hunt on the roll call when I have a voucher left: “first person to come and find me where an untitled head watches over the swimmers gets a drink”

I wish you an amazing time on the Wonder. If it’s your kind of activity and they are doing it, I recommend the Wonderful Race. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

Was it only at the outside pool or did they have one at the indoor pool as well? Also, was it heated? 

Just passed by the indoor pool on my way to breakfast and I can confirm it’s only the one pool and a couple of hot tubs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MLAW said:

We were on the Anthem for two weeks this summer.  We found that breakfast in the dining room was a favorite way to start the day.  Breakfast in the WJ and the Solarium tended to be lukewarm at best.  I was surprised to see the empty chairs in the Solarium the first day at sea.  We had quite a few days at sea and you had to get a chair no later than 7:30 AM or you were out of luck until mid afternoon.  I have never seen chairs taken so early in the morning.  They were definitely monitoring and marking chairs that were empty so people rarely left their chairs.  I think because the weather many seas days was cool/cold that everyone wanted to be in the Solarium.  I am enjoying your review as it is fun to see the ship I was just on. Have a great time!!

I was surprised too, considering the weather. As I’m writing this, it’s Day 4 and I came to the Solarium around 8:30. There were a good amount of loungers with just towels on them, but also a good amount of available ones, some even facing the windows.