Sofa/bed in three person room

BoatsThatFloat1

We will be sailing on the Legend in a month in a three-person stateroom - the couch converts to a bed.  What can we expect in regard to servicicing of the room / turn down service? Will the sofa be made into a bed the whole trip or will the room attendant make the sofa into a bed in the evening and back to a sofa in the morning?

I've read that people tip extra to the stewards to receive the kind of service the OP describes. It is more work for the steward to take the bedding off and stow it each day and to return again in the evening to reset it as a bed.

Keep in mind too, it was more practical for stewards to perform this service when they serviced cabins both morning and evening. Now that Carnival asks us to request one servicing of the cabin per day, it seems fair me to tip for the extra service if you receive it and they come to the cabin twice per day to make this happen.

We haven't cruised with carnival since once per day service.  Prior, sofa beds and pull downs were converted morning and evening so we'd have more room during the day. Not to mention use of the sofa itself. 

I'm going to ask for this on our upcoming cruise. Hopefully they can accommodate.  While I could do a sofa myself, ithink the pull downs require a key and there's a notice not to do it ourselves. 

If the room is set up that I have to constantly duck to avoid hitting my head on the pull down I'll be very annoyed. 

We haven’t cruised since Dec 2019 but I’ve always had to ask the steward to make it back into a couch daily. If not, it would be left a bed. And we are always in a suite. I want it a couch as it’s the only place for everyone to sit besides the bed & single armchair.

3 hours ago, Doctorsbaby said:

We haven’t cruised since Dec 2019 but I’ve always had to ask the steward to make it back into a couch daily. If not, it would be left a bed. And we are always in a suite. I want it a couch as it’s the only place for everyone to sit besides the bed & single armchair.

Exactly, folks book cabins with couches for a reason, if you can't make use of it then it, it kinda ruins the benefit. 

• Like 1

We are a group of 4

Once the couch is made into a bed and the bunk is lowered it’s been that way the entire cruise.

We have not asked the steward to change them back each day. 
To us it has not been that big of a deal.

Please share what you find out.

12 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

On our Carnival cruises, the sofa remained made up as a bed for the entire cruise. On Royal, the steward made up the sofa bed each night and then converted it back into a couch during the day. 

We just got off Royal's Independence on 10/7. Our sofa bed was a bed all week. Our steward did make up the bed each day and come and tidy it up in the evenings but he didn't switch it back and forth throughout the day.

Just off the Horizon where I was the third person in the room and stuck with the couch-bed.*  We considered tipping extra to have a daytime couch but we didn't, and I'm kinda glad we didn't.  We never really NEEDED the couch and there were times when I wanted to take a nap during the day...and I did.   🙂 

----

* the converted bed is actually quite comfortable and I never had a problem falling asleep