Military discount

lakedweller64

Yes, it will be listed under Cruise Deals, one per stateroom.

Military Appreciation Offer 

In appreciation of your loyal and selfless service, we're extending a special offer to active, retired, and veteran military personnel. Choose from more than 500 itineraries and receive an Onboard Credit of US$100 per stateroom when you book a new cruise with Holland America Line. To receive this offer, please verify your Military status by accessing the link below and filling out our secure form page.

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It's about time. But then it looks like they're giving a lot of folks the $100 per stateroom booking perk.

Community Appreciation Cruise Offers | Holland America Line

My DW taught special needs children for almost 30 years.  Hope her contribution is valued by you as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

My DW taught special needs children for almost 30 years.  Hope her contribution is valued by you as well.

It sure is and I'm glad HAL is recognizing that as well. 

Update: I just checked and of course there had to be a catch. All you have to do to get the $100 offer is give "SheerID" some personal information.

Identify & Acquire Consumers via Deals to Military, Students and more. (sheerid.com)

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Update: I just checked and of course there had to be a catch. All you have to do to get the $100 offer is give "SheerID" some personal information.

Perhaps the form is different for military identification.

I helped a health worker friend complete the form and she only needed to included her position (doctor, nurse, EMT, etc) and her place of employment. After the form was submitted to HAL, the $100 OBC appeared on her booking in about 10 days.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

Perhaps the form is different for military identification.

I helped a health worker friend complete the form and she only needed to included her position (doctor, nurse, EMT, etc) and her place of employment. After the form was submitted to HAL, the $100 OBC appeared on her booking in about 10 days.

Can u pls verify the exact "form" & where to "submit" it to...?

Thanks,

11 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

But what if we've already booked a HAL cruise thru TA already.  How do you apply this to existing booking?

Go to Cruise Deals, and scroll way down to "Military, Healthcare, First Responder, Teacher And Educator Cruise Offer".  Have your booking # handy, and complete the form.

Edited by Boatdrill

Just now, NavyCruiser said:

Can u pls verify the exact "form" & where to "submit" it to...?

Thanks,

Go to the HAL website, click on Cruise Deals, and scroll way down to "Military, Healthcare, First Responder, Teacher And Educator Cruise Offer". 

The healthcare worker form was completed and submitted directly from the HAL website, to HAL.

23 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Do you have the exact link?

It keeps re-directing me back to this link:  https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/military-appreciation-offer.html

I've already been verified, but can't find any "form" or exact link to submit to...

When I applied a couple of months ago I supplied my Mariner number and HAL found the cruise I was already booked on and applied the OBC along with an email verifying the operation. When you registered/verified did you add your Mariner number? If not then maybe try it again. If you did perhaps a call or email to HAL will get it added to your cruise.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

It keeps re-directing me back to this link:  https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/military-appreciation-offer.html

I've already been verified, but can't find any "form" or exact link to submit to...

I had the same problem so the next time I "talked" with TA I asked if the Military OBC was there. It was there even though I had not been notified.

12 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

The verification IS the form you submit.  HAL should send you an e-mail confirmation of acceptance of your military status and of the $100 OBC being added to your reservation.  We reserved through HAL--perhaps the notice goes to a TA if a person reserves through a TA instead of HAL.

• Like 1

Yes, I've received email from SheerID Verification:

logo-1655827009878.png

Congratulations!

We have verified your eligibility on this special offer you requested.

Redeem Offer

Book as early as tomorrow and receive your onboard credit offer.

Share this offer

$100 Onboard Credit

Kind Regards,
Holland America Line

==========================================================

Just very confusing, so I called HAL phone & agent says to wait 72 hours for it to be applied.  Email should said that instead...

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 6:10 PM, Tom_Cruise said:

I tried (twice) using my DD 214 form for the military program but it was not accepted.  What are other people using?

Did you choose the correct status to match the DD214?

My husband is both an active duty veteran, and currently serving in the Guard.

I made the mistake of choosing active Guard, but uploaded his DD214 discharge form.

That got rejected obviously. I had to email with a SheerID customer service rep to get it corrected.

7 hours ago, roomba920 said:

Did you choose the correct status to match the DD214?

My husband is both an active duty veteran, and currently serving in the Guard.

I made the mistake of choosing active Guard, but uploaded his DD214 discharge form.

That got rejected obviously. I had to email with a SheerID customer service rep to get it corrected.

I'm all good now.  The only difference is I submitted the DD214 in .pdf format instead of .jpg.  They indicate both are OK, but ....  Go figure.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 8:05 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

It's about time. But then it looks like they're giving a lot of folks the $100 per stateroom booking perk.

Community Appreciation Cruise Offers | Holland America Line

Interesting that the military and teacher awards include retired military and retired teachers, but not the healthcare award. Hmmm.

1 minute ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Interesting that the military and teacher awards include retired military and retired teachers, but not the healthcare award. Hmmm.

Health care workers are included as well. Click on the link and you’ll see them listed right below the military reference and just above the teachers.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/community-appreciation-cruise-offers.html

9 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Health care workers are included as well. Click on the link and you’ll see them listed right below the military reference and just above the teachers.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/community-appreciation-cruise-offers.html

No mention of retired healthcare workers. Under Teacher there is a place to check off retired or active. Not for HCP.

Active, Retired & Veteran Military Personnel

Healthcare Workers, First Responders & Medical Professionals

Active And Retired Teachers/Educators”

Edited by TiogaCruiser