Sending in CCL Stock Form too early?

phoebe2m

8 minutes ago, phoebe2m said:

Hi, I want to send in our CCL stock form but it is more than 90 days (about 105 days) until our cruise. I thought I had done this before but can't remember. Has anyone done this? Thanks!

It is not too early.  Send it in. 

SBPCL@Princesscruises.com

• Like 1

Good luck, I have tried at least 3 times to send in early.  Up until now always returned stating ‘Please supply no earlier than 90 days’.   On a positive side when I have resent a5 a letter date, they always process within about 7 days.

• Thanks 1

I emailed mine 2 or 3 weeks ago and received the OBC for a cruise in November as well as one in 2023 and one in 2024. Also, didn't use a form, just gave them the required information in the email.

Edited by Brickwood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last year they or at least some at Princess started enforcing the 90 day rule. Probably as an attempt to help the backlog and response time. I had a couple denied for being too early. Now it seems they have returned to ignoring it. I just sent one in last week for next year and it was posted the next day. I understand the reasoning for the rule but if I wait, I might forget. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, phoebe2m said:

Hi, I want to send in our CCL stock form but it is more than 90 days (about 105 days) until our cruise. I thought I had done this before but can't remember. Has anyone done this? Thanks!

They pretty much did away with the too early limit a couple of years ago. Partially because people needed the obc to book excursions pre cruise after Princess went to charging for excursions when they were booked. 

5 hours ago, BobandLizM said:

Good luck, I have tried at least 3 times to send in early.  Up until now always returned stating ‘Please supply no earlier than 90 days’.   On a positive side when I have resent a5 a letter date, they always process within about 7 days.

For the past few years I have been able to get the obc applied to cruises a year in the future.

6 hours ago, thinfool said:

There is only a minimum time before sailing....no maximum.  Others are getting credit for sailings in 2024.

What is the minimum time before sailing?  I hope I haven't waited too long to send it.  Time seems to have gotten away from me.  I sail in just over two weeks. 

1 hour ago, dreams_of_travel said:

What is the minimum time before sailing?  I hope I haven't waited too long to send it.  Time seems to have gotten away from me.  I sail in just over two weeks. 

A few months ago it was taking atleast 2 weeks. Now they seem to have caught up. Sent 3 in last week. Received confirmation showing the obc 4 hours later.

They say two weeks is the minimum just to make sure it gets processed. 

5 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Send it in immediately.

If doing it by e-mail, indicate in the subject line how soon the cruise will be

• Thanks 2

The shareholder benefit has been approved for sailings up to and including July 31, 2023.  They historically renew it for 1 year at their annual meeting.  Since this has not occurred yet I would keep quiet about receiving the benefit for cruises after that July 2023 date.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Note that if there is a sale or the price drops and you take advantage of it, sometimes it will void your shareholder credit, and you'll have to send it in again.

When that happened to me, I called Princess. The rep could see that the OBC had been applied to the original booking and was able to add it to the new booking without my having to send in proof again.

I was able to do this even through the cruise was booked with a TA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1