Carnival Luminosa - the prices keep dropping

These deals aren't going to continue. I suggest that Carnival may not have marketed the cruises sufficiently to bring in the bookings they need. It is better to have people in a cabin, even if they are paying nothing, then no-one. Hopefully these people will spend up big on board.

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

These deals aren't going to continue. I suggest that Carnival may not have marketed the cruises sufficiently to bring in the bookings they need. It is better to have people in a cabin, even if they are paying nothing, then no-one. Hopefully these people will spend up big on board.

I agree that we are unlikely to see fares like this next year. But, if they have trouble filling the ships leaving Brisbane, who knows? 🤔

On 10/26/2022 at 9:15 AM, icat2000 said:

They must be desperate. I've had offers every day. Today was balcony at @$250 pp for November and early December sailings. Too bad I'm in Melbourne. If I was in Brisbane I would have b2b2b

Unfortunately not desperate for people who haven't cruised with them before.  I don't understand their logic.  I would think they would be interested in increasing their base clientele. Oh well I'm organised for Airlie Beach next time around!

I was very happy to score a $267 balcony room for the NZ cruise ex Brisbane. My first time cruising solo. Although I have to factor in flights from/to Melbourne it is going to be terrific value for me especially as the cruise includes $500 OBC. I have been needing "time out" and other doors kept closing. It is odd because I did not receive any email offers from Carnival but visited their website as a result of one of the threads on here. Popped in my number and the deals came up (I cruised once with Carnival in 2015). Wish me luck with my prep and solo-travel jitters 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Unfortunately not desperate for people who haven't cruised with them before.  I don't understand their logic.  I would think they would be interested in increasing their base clientele. Oh well I'm organised for Airlie Beach next time around!

I totally agree, the last thing they want is a ghost ship, more pax add to the fun atmosphere 🥳. The only thing stopping me going (have cruised with Carnival before so have the magic number) is the cost of last minute flights from NZ 😪

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

I totally agree, the last thing they want is a ghost ship, more pax add to the fun atmosphere 🥳. The only thing stopping me going (have cruised with Carnival before so have the magic number) is the cost of last minute flights from NZ 😪

Yes the higher cost of airfares is affecting many people's travel plans.  The days of last minute affordable travel are gone.

Airllines are doing OK. Virgin was packed when I flew back from Sydney to Brisbane yesterday morning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chezzyr said:

I was very happy to score a $267 balcony room for the NZ cruise ex Brisbane. My first time cruising solo. Although I have to factor in flights from/to Melbourne it is going to be terrific value for me especially as the cruise includes $500 OBC. I have been needing "time out" and other doors kept closing. It is odd because I did not receive any email offers from Carnival but visited their website as a result of one of the threads on here. Popped in my number and the deals came up (I cruised once with Carnival in 2015). Wish me luck with my prep and solo-travel jitters 😉

Congratulations on your NZ cruise.  What a wonderful bargain!  I suspect NZ would be harder to sell than local cruises because many people mightn't have a current passport.  I don't!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Has no-one else booked the bargain cruise fares for Nov and Dec., for past passengers, on Luminosa?

Plenty of people on that social media site have snapped up the bargains.  In particular  the first sailing and the one to NZ.  I got a decent deal when the discounting first started but it’s not as cheap as now and certainly not with the OBC unfortunately. I also never received an email.  I suspect these cruises might be more of a booze cruise than usual because of how ridiculously  cheap the fares are…

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Has no-one else booked the bargain cruise fares for Nov and Dec., for past passengers, on Luminosa?

My husband got the $250 offers, but I didn’t. We are already cruising to NZ next week on Grand Princess. I wanted to take the offer and book to go back to NZ a few days after we return home, but my husband didn’t think it was fair. to our elderly cat for us to disappear again so quickly.  I would have gone alone, but I couldn’t use his offer. Can’t believe we let a practically free cruise pass us by.😥

1 minute ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

My husband got the $250 offers, but I didn’t. We are already cruising to NZ next week on Grand Princess. I wanted to take the offer and book to go back to NZ a few days after we return home, but my husband didn’t think it was fair. to our elderly cat for us to disappear again so quickly.  I would have gone alone, but I couldn’t use his offer. Can’t believe we let a practically free cruise pass us by.😥

Hard to let a practically free cruise pass you by. I feel your disappointment.  I was in shock, after going through the whole booking process, to learn that I wasn't eligible.  I thought I just had to join Carnival. Saw no mention of previous cruises on Carnival from anyone.  

I cruised with Carnival once, back in 2015. But did not recall any membership number but I joined the VIFP club recently and was issued with a VIFP number and I used that when browsing the cruise deals.

It turns out they did email me back in 2015 welcoming me to VIFP red status. Same number. So I suggest those who cruised Carnival atleast once try find that number or maybe call them? Because it does seem to open up other offers?

1 hour ago, chezzyr said:

I cruised with Carnival once, back in 2015. But did not recall any membership number but I joined the VIFP club recently and was issued with a VIFP number and I used that when browsing the cruise deals.

It turns out they did email me back in 2015 welcoming me to VIFP red status. Same number. So I suggest those who cruised Carnival atleast once try find that number or maybe call them? Because it does seem to open up other offers?

Yeah I have cruised once before and must have not signed up for VIFP.  Even using my new VIFP number, I am not entitled to the super special deals but that’s ok, I don’t want to fly to Brisbane again this summer.  Flight cancellations are a worry and I don’t need the stress.

8 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Yeah I have cruised once before and must have not signed up for VIFP.  Even using my new VIFP number, I am not entitled to the super special deals but that’s ok, I don’t want to fly to Brisbane again this summer.  Flight cancellations are a worry and I don’t need the stress.

That is a shame if you have cruised with Carnival before.

I just flew back from Sydney to Brisbane on Friday and there was no talk of flight cancellations.  

• Like 1

Logged in with my VIFP I am still seeing some good deals (not $250 though), eg $514 interior on deck 4 and $607 balcony on deck 6 for the 11 night NZ cruise ex Brisbane 20th Nov. These deals end 31 Oct though (not sure if that is Aust or USA)

I put a Spa 9 balcony cabin on hold for $500 for two of us, but by the time my cruise buddy decided that she couldn't make this one, the hold had expired and all the balcony cabins were gone. I ended up booking a spa 9 interior cabin for $267 solo - the airfares nearly did me in, travelling from country SA but the $500 on board credit helped soften that blow! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I suspect many people let their passports lapse during Covid.  Now there is a delay getting them renewed.

5 lomanosa cruises are on unbelievable prices only 2 are out of Australia and passport can be 10 yearly .