Someone Please Tell Carnival how to make Sausage Gravy

audcc77

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Never heard of using condensed milk to make gravy - seems like it would be sweet?

OMG!  I can't believe I said that.  I meant evaporated milk.  I hope nobody followed that recipe!  Thanks for pointing it out!

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, luvs2beachit said:

OMG!  I can't believe I said that.  I meant evaporated milk.  I hope nobody followed that recipe!  Thanks for pointing it out!

Well, who am I to question a "secret ingredient" 🤭

• Haha 2

It’s just so easy to make!  Brown sausage, Melt butter, add flour, add milk.  Pretty hard to mess up.  Even if the cooks home country doesn’t make sausage gravy, then do a quick google on how to make it correctly. I’m sure they see that nobody can/will eat what they set out.  

• Like 1

Being raised in South Carolina, I had never heard of sausage gravy until I moved to Tennessee with my husband over 40 years ago.  I thought it was a TN thing.  I maybe tried it twice in the early years, but sausage gravy is something I could live without.  It's discussing!!!  I do like a good Southern biscuit and good beach grits, however. 😀

20 hours ago, luvs2beachit said:

Don't forget the fresh black pepper. Darn it now we have to have biscuits and gravy with Sunday breakfast. I need to stop looking at food posts 😁.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Don't forget the fresh black pepper. Darn it now we have to have biscuits and gravy with Sunday breakfast. I need to stop looking at food posts 😁.

Try adding cream cheese.  I cook the sausage add 8oz cream cheese then add milk to get desired consistency and of course black pepper.  I know it isn’t “normal” but since I tried it at a neighbors that is the only way I make it.

Wow. OP here.  I can’t believe my biscuits and gravy thread has risen from the dead.  

As it turns out, someone must have just been a newbie cooking B&G — as the rest of the week it was the same normal runny gravy they always have.  

The day I posted this it was completely inedible. 

I usually have it on wheat toast as the biscuits are always inedible.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

Try adding cream cheese.  I cook the sausage add 8oz cream cheese then add milk to get desired consistency and of course black pepper.  I know it isn’t “normal” but since I tried it at a neighbors that is the only way I make it.

Sounds good.  I will try the cream cheese next time!  

I learned to make Biscuits and Gravy from my Grand Mother who was born and raised in Kentucky. I don't find many restaurants that I really like it. I usually end up with that just making me want some good stuff so I make it at home. As I'm now going to have to probably do this weekend since this thread has made me want it. 🤣

On 10/26/2022 at 6:43 AM, audcc77 said:

I’m on Sunshine. The sausage gravy at the buffet is inedible.  

This ship is in the south and I can’t believe people would eat this. 

Flour, milk and sausage.  How difficult is that?  

It tastes like something that came from one of those $4 breakfast buffets in Florida. 

Shameful.  ☹️

Then they would have to learn to fry venison and bake buttermilk biscuits.