Someone Please Tell Carnival how to make Sausage Gravy

audcc77

I’m on Sunshine. The sausage gravy at the buffet is inedible.  

This ship is in the south and I can’t believe people would eat this. 

Flour, milk and sausage.  How difficult is that?  

It tastes like something that came from one of those $4 breakfast buffets in Florida. 

Shameful.  ☹️

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

21 minutes ago, Jtislandgirl said:

And biscuits.......those suckers are hard as rocks. 

The bisquits last month on the Sunshine were harder than hockey pucks.

Never even got as far as the gravy after that.

Didn't even worry about the grits, if you can't make a simple bisquit.

Said to my wife at breakfast, how sacriligeous, on a ship homeported out of Charleston, SC , you can't make bisquits, gravy or grits.

Edited by bguppies
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pyrate13 said:

Heck, I've been to a lot of restaurants here in the south that can't make good sausage gravy.

Me too.  But this stuff is simply not anything I’ve had in my life.  I cannot imagine anyone eating it.  Talk about food waste.  I cannot believe anyone would put this disgusting slop on the buffet.  

• Like 2

Just now, bguppies said:

Said to my wife at breakfast, how sacriligeous, on a ship homeported out of Charleston, SC , you can't make bisquits, gravy or grits.

YES!!! That’s what I thought.  

I had the rock biscuits previously and have been having it on wheat toast since then, which was lots better.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

YES!!! That’s what I thought.  

I had the rock biscuits previously and have been having it on wheat toast since then, which was lots better.  

The breakfast rocks are identical no matter which ship we have sailed. They must come pre-baked in a bag in a box from Sysco. product image zoom

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

The breakfast rocks are identical no matter which ship we have sailed. They must come pre-baked in a bag in a box from Sysco. 

Those rocks really look like what they call biscuits! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, audcc77 said:

I’m on Sunshine. The sausage gravy at the buffet is inedible.  

This ship is in the south and I can’t believe people would eat this. 

Flour, milk and sausage.  How difficult is that?  

It tastes like something that came from one of those $4 breakfast buffets in Florida. 

Shameful.  ☹️

Don’t insult our breakfast buffet sausage and gravy lol That’s 4 stars compared to what Carnival is serving. I don’t understand how they can screw up so many really simple dishes. 

• Haha 1

C'mon now!. It's not like there is a crew of southern grandma’s in the galleys cooking! Let's be realistic about this! Even if there was, there would be people on here complaining about it, so yea my rule, if you don't like it, then don't continue eating it and of course complain about it on here!. That’s just the cruise critic way and super helpful! I don't think it's going to change from what it is much. Move along!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Remarkably, there are a significant number of "restaurants" (and the cooks working in the back thereof) who can't seem to make gravy.  It is a bizarre concept, driven perhaps by too many people who simply didn't learn how to cook from their elders (stereotypically a mother or grandmother), and are used to just buying that horrible stuff from a can in the grocery store.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Remarkably, there are a significant number of "restaurants" (and the cooks working in the back thereof) who can't seem to make gravy.  It is a bizarre concept, driven perhaps by too many people who simply didn't learn how to cook from their elders (stereotypically a mother or grandmother), and are used to just buying that horrible stuff from a can in the grocery store.

The canned gravy would be a marked upgrade for Carnival.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

My husband's family were all from Oklahoma, Texas, and Georgia.[they've all since passed] Every time we visited and ate breakfast, we were served biscuits and gravy. Every single time we were served them they were delicous, but they were all way different in taste, texture, richness [cream or canned milk] and thickness. We were told they are the best anywhere ad they were all good.

I think it's similar to bbq and to red sauce for pasta. Everyones [especially going by region] were crazy different and everyone swore that their's [which had been handed down for generations and all had a 'secret ingredient'] was the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2